Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

COOKIE!
  *Steals cookie and eats it*
View Results

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:36 am
So I'm entering the 2 weeks I have of block exams. Each of goes for 2 hours mind you and I have to do them for 4 or 5 subjects. (I do 6 all together) Any tips on a good study? Because I seem to always get side tracked with facebook, youtube and of course, roleplaying on gaia! smile

Got any good tips ladies?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:45 am
I have the problem of getting sidetracked when I need to study. Especially by the internet. So I basically just disconnect my computer from the internet until I'm done studying. That way so every time I open up a webpage I get "This page will not display" and I say oh and get back to studying XD  

GeekWhistle

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:14 am
I typically like to turn on some music (but this
might distract you... idk, it works for me).
Just sit down and do whatever you need to do to study. Put your
ipod/phone/computer in another room, because who wants to have
to walk and go get it?! x'D
Once you get started it's a lot easier to finish it 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:11 pm
[~+~]

When it comes to revising and i'm at home, i tended to set myself up on the dining room table (as i tend to make posters/generally just need a lot of space for my revision resources), and i try to make sure it's silence (this is just preference for me, but when the parents came home in the evening i tended to put my headphones in with my music on, just loud enough to drown out the noise of the rest of the house).

This is from my experience of GCSE's and A Levels, at uni it's a bit different. ;>_>

Basically, what i'm getting at is that there i had no distractions - no laptop or anything in front of me, and my phone would be in another room.

It doesn't have to be a dining room table - just a room where it's pretty empty of distractions.
And with being amazing at procrastination, i make sure i have a jug of water (or whatever drink of choice) on the table with a glass so i can't use that as an excuse. =P

Just make sure you have a break every three quarters of an hour or so. People tend to work differently with these things - i prefer to work for a big chunk of time, and then have something like a 20 minute break. At least make sure you get up and walk around every so often too.

Good luck with your exams! heart

User Image

Empty Spiral

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 pm
Thank you for the tips ladies, these tips are great biggrin  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items