Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:30 pm
I really do not like it. 1000 posts? It is really unfair because it'll take almost a year to get that many! At least make it 100 instead because with that rule i won't be able to get a single horse unless the rule changes.

Should we leave that way?

Should it be changed?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm
This is not just a rule in this specific shop. It is in all B/C shops to prevent mules and users who will just get a pet and abandon it. I think I've only seen one or two shops who have not had this rule but then quickly adopted it. Also, if you are posting in the thread a lot it really won't take that long at all. Just stick around and talk to people.

Personally I think it's fair and no, it should not be changed. I highly doubt it ever will be either just due to the fact it's aim is to prevent mules.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:58 pm
It's specific to this shop; I co-owned a shop for a very long time and never adopted any post count rule and I know a number of other shops that don't either.

The high demand on soquili provides an increased motivation to cheat with mules though; that's why the rule is there.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:09 pm
1000 posts aren't THAT hard to get smile With just alittle effort. 25 posts a day will get you to 1000 in a little over a month.

It should also be noted that 1000 posts are only needed to win certain shop events - its not just a flat-out requirement to own a Soquil. Stick around, chat, and make friends. A Soquili owner may give you a basket or a co-own. Its not a guarantee of course, but if a user chooses to give you one of Soquili its not required that you have 1000 posts.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:20 pm
I agree with Kamiki. It's not hard. Once you find a place you like to talk at, it's pretty easy. A lot of Soquili owners took a while to get their first one. And by then, I'm pretty sure that they had well over 1000 posts.

The rule is there mostly to prevent 'mule' accounts from participating in some events. Pretty much, the shop doesn't know which account is or isn't a 'mule' account, and the 1000 posts is supposed to be a good measure that the account isn't a mule.

Using my own account as an example:
Activity
- Gaia Age: 2831 days
- Forum Posts: 48511

That's approximately 17 posts per day. Honestly, it sounds like 'a lot' but it really isn't. Once you make more friends, 1000 posts seems like a lot less (: Find your niche and make it not a chore ;p <3  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:16 pm
moineau bavarde
It's specific to this shop; I co-owned a shop for a very long time and never adopted any post count rule and I know a number of other shops that don't either.

The high demand on soquili provides an increased motivation to cheat with mules though; that's why the rule is there.
Actually this is common in other shops, typically larger ones. Especially shops that do events that have you can only win one rule due to demand.

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:09 pm
I didn't mean to imply it isn't common - but it isn't a rule EVERY shop has and the rule is being discussed in the context of soquili, which makes it specific to the shop.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:26 pm
Just tossing in my two cents.
I like it at a 1000 posts it keeps mules and non settings BC owners low.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 pm
Just go find a contest with a bump contest (the art forums usually have something). It is a very quick way of getting enough posts.

It is also how I won a Soquili (though I haven't seen any contests like that one in years, it was run by a now long gone colorist).  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 pm
With my last account I just went crazy in a Bump thread. Got to a 1000 in one week  

xX_TRIBUTE_GAMER_Xx

Newbie Noob

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 am
lee the wolf
I really do not like it. 1000 posts? It is really unfair because it'll take almost a year to get that many! At least make it 100 instead because with that rule i won't be able to get a single horse unless the rule changes.

Should we leave that way?

Should it be changed?

•Okay so everyone's pretty much answered this but underneath the question I see it's something you see as a limiting factor against you.

•Well in fact it isn't you have 7,240 posts so you are perfectly eligible.
So you're already there x7.24.

•100 is nothing and we don't want mules, it is very hard to get a rule change in this shop because they are there for a reason and soquili are very strict when it comes to enforcement, but then...it's there for a reason.

•And to answer you, Yes – we should leave it that way and No – it should not be changed.

•So now you can put yourself at ease... and be warned we CANNOT rule change for one person. xD

Good day fellow wolfie. <3
I hope you found our answers helpful and informative, you do have more than 1000 posts so you are perfectly eligible for a soquili. cat_biggrin  
Feedback Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games