Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
What can i do about my situation? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelinearth123

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:27 am
I always doubt God's existence :'(  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 am
angelinearth123

What makes you doubt him? Other people who don't believe in him?
Why do you doubt? It sounds cliche, but you have to go to the source and ask for answers.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:38 am
angelinearth123

To doubt God's existence is a hefty thing, but it's good to come out about this type of thing, too. I encourage people to express things on their hearts in order to talk with other believers about it because that's better than thinking alone what you are doing wrong and sometimes we need guidance.

I'm not sure why exactly you doubt so I'm not sure how to help in the correct manner and don't want to make it sound like I am rubbing anything in your face.

Is there a reason you doubt because of something someone said to you, something that happened/has happened in your life that made you doubt, a certain sin lingering in your life that is making you doubt, or something of that sort?

I'd love to work it out with you and help you if I can and feel free to respond and send me a PM message. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:08 am
Aquatic_blue
angelinearth123

To doubt God's existence is a hefty thing, but it's good to come out about this type of thing, too. I encourage people to express things on their hearts in order to talk with other believers about it because that's better than thinking alone what you are doing wrong and sometimes we need guidance.

I'm not sure why exactly you doubt so I'm not sure how to help in the correct manner and don't want to make it sound like I am rubbing anything in your face.

Is there a reason you doubt because of something someone said to you, something that happened/has happened in your life that made you doubt, a certain sin lingering in your life that is making you doubt, or something of that sort?

I'd love to work it out with you and help you if I can and feel free to respond and send me a PM message. smile

no need to PM! i wud like people to see me change or something ^_^

i think it's because i don't feel His presence
i really love Him but i doubt He exists

maybe it's because of science and their theory because it is logical (*sigh* knowledge!)  

angelinearth123

angelinearth123

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:09 am
Garland-Green
angelinearth123

Why do you doubt? It sounds cliche, but you have to go to the source and ask for answers.

science i think
because it's logical (i wish i wasn't thoughtful -_-)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:11 am
but maybe God is challenging me or putting me into trial.
Maybe He wants me to share my experience and help other people too. I hope I'll come up with an answer crying  

angelinearth123

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:21 am
angelinearth123
Garland-Green
angelinearth123

science i think

It isn't as logical as they give the impression of it being. The majority of Scientist are worldly men, they have a materialistic view on everything, and they interpret the world and the scientific data from their point of view. It colors the results of their studies. Don't go to people that don't believe to find evidence to believe.

I would suggest going to this site:
www.icr.org

Here you will find scientist who interpret the data from a biblical perspective, and it makes every bit as much sense as secular views - if not more sense.
A lot of what the worldly scientist hold as truths are opinions, not observable facts.The evidence that doesn't agree with their opinions they simple
y dismiss, but you don't hear about it because we live in a world were the materialistic view is the most commonly accepted.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:27 am
angelinearth123
Aquatic_blue
angelinearth123

maybe it's because of science and their theory because it is logical (*sigh* knowledge!)

Ah, I see. Well, science that is against Christian beliefs will try to bring people who believe in God down and bury them in the soil if they can.

Science truly doesn't have that much on us since evolution is a "theory" and they try hard to explain things and I will tell you that people like "evidence". God made everything in this world and it explains that in Genesis, of course. God also made animals and bugs to be able to do certain things on their own - a lot of creatures defy evolution because they do things on their own for survival and if they would've messed that up the first time then there would probably be no more left. I mean, how does a caterpillar know when it's time to make a cocoon so it can turn into a butterfly? How does a bombardier beetle shoot out chemicals that produce a burning hot spray without harming itself? How does a giraffe get a drink without blocking blood flow to its' brain? God had to have made them all, each equipped with the skills they need for survival!

If it's something other than evolution then that is also understandable. Scientists can sometimes be uncomfortable because they want to "logically" explain everything in this world. The problem is is that not everything is meant to be understood and they've taken something such as the beauty of a rainbow and have broken it up into little tiny light particles. Scientists may have great explanations for things, but we need to make sure what is right with God first before believing anything that we hear or see.

A lot of people in this world feel uncomfortable with believing in something that they can't see, touch, or feel. Some people feel an insecurity with that because they feel that they can't be close to something that they cannot see. That is why we need to have faith, and here is the perfect definition:

Hebrews 11:1 NIV:

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

*If it is God's presence you can't feel then that is also a problem. To be able to feel the Holy Spirit, we need to read his word and spend time with God daily. This is a commitment, but it is one that is definitely worth it, a lot of fun, and one that helps believers in their daily walk with Christ.

I remember when I went to a church that didn't believe in things that were Biblically right, I did not know that because I didn't read the Bible and questioning the church was well...out of the question. Although, they tried to justify what they believed that wasn't Biblical by twisting scripture to make it fit the situation. I knew God existed, but I just wasn't excited going to church and let the Bible collect dust in my closet. I always felt terrible about myself and thought I lacked faith or there was something wrong with me. There was a problem with the church, but also a few problems with myself as well. Once I met the man of my dreams and he was able to explain Biblically right principles to me by showing me the Bible and explaining with scripture and historical context of the time - I understood. I cried so much and felt terrible about the way I had lived and burst out of my shell and felt brand new. I felt I had truly accepted God and I felt so glad and sad at the same time.

I totally got into reading the Bible a lot more and questioning it as much as possible in order to truly understand. I will tell you that questioning isn't wrong and it will help you grow if you make sure you understand what you didn't understand before. I encourage you to read the Bible daily if you don't already and grow in Christ.

Praying and alone time with God's word helps and God and Jesus are your best friends. They will not leave you and you can turn to them and serve them for a lifetime. As believers, we will suffer and that is guaranteed, but when we have God and a Heavenly home waiting for us, that should be the least of our worries.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

angelinearth123

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:56 am
Garland-Green
angelinearth123
Garland-Green
angelinearth123

science i think

It isn't as logical as they give the impression of it being. The majority of Scientist are worldly men, they have a materialistic view on everything, and they interpret the world and the scientific data from their point of view. It colors the results of their studies. Don't go to people that don't believe to find evidence to believe.

www.icr.org

Here you will find scientist who interpret the data from a biblical perspective, and it makes every bit as much sense as secular views - if not more sense.
A lot of what the worldly scientist hold as truths are opinions, not observable facts.The evidence that doesn't agree with their opinions they simple
y dismiss, but you don't hear about it because we live in a world were the materialistic view is the most commonly accepted.

i'll try reading it ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:58 am
Aquatic_blue
angelinearth123
Aquatic_blue
angelinearth123

Ah, I see. Well, science that is against Christian beliefs will try to bring people who believe in God down and bury them in the soil if they can.

Science truly doesn't have that much on us since evolution is a "theory" and they try hard to explain things and I will tell you that people like "evidence". God made everything in this world and it explains that in Genesis, of course. God also made animals and bugs to be able to do certain things on their own - a lot of creatures defy evolution because they do things on their own for survival and if they would've messed that up the first time then there would probably be no more left. I mean, how does a caterpillar know when it's time to make a cocoon so it can turn into a butterfly? How does a bombardier beetle shoot out chemicals that produce a burning hot spray without harming itself? How does a giraffe get a drink without blocking blood flow to its' brain? God had to have made them all, each equipped with the skills they need for survival!

If it's something other than evolution then that is also understandable. Scientists can sometimes be uncomfortable because they want to "logically" explain everything in this world. The problem is is that not everything is meant to be understood and they've taken something such as the beauty of a rainbow and have broken it up into little tiny light particles. Scientists may have great explanations for things, but we need to make sure what is right with God first before believing anything that we hear or see.

A lot of people in this world feel uncomfortable with believing in something that they can't see, touch, or feel. Some people feel an insecurity with that because they feel that they can't be close to something that they cannot see. That is why we need to have faith, and here is the perfect definition:

*If it is God's presence you can't feel then that is also a problem. To be able to feel the Holy Spirit, we need to read his word and spend time with God daily. This is a commitment, but it is one that is definitely worth it, a lot of fun, and one that helps believers in their daily walk with Christ.

I remember when I went to a church that didn't believe in things that were Biblically right, I did not know that because I didn't read the Bible and questioning the church was well...out of the question. Although, they tried to justify what they believed that wasn't Biblical by twisting scripture to make it fit the situation. I knew God existed, but I just wasn't excited going to church and let the Bible collect dust in my closet. I always felt terrible about myself and thought I lacked faith or there was something wrong with me. There was a problem with the church, but also a few problems with myself as well. Once I met the man of my dreams and he was able to explain Biblically right principles to me by showing me the Bible and explaining with scripture and historical context of the time - I understood. I cried so much and felt terrible about the way I had lived and burst out of my shell and felt brand new. I felt I had truly accepted God and I felt so glad and sad at the same time.

I totally got into reading the Bible a lot more and questioning it as much as possible in order to truly understand. I will tell you that questioning isn't wrong and it will help you grow if you make sure you understand what you didn't understand before. I encourage you to read the Bible daily if you don't already and grow in Christ.

Praying and alone time with God's word helps and God and Jesus are your best friends. They will not leave you and you can turn to them and serve them for a lifetime. As believers, we will suffer and that is guaranteed, but when we have God and a Heavenly home waiting for us, that should be the least of our worries.

i wish i will meet mine too.. haahaha >_<
tnx for your advices biggrin  

angelinearth123

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:02 am
angelinearth123
Aquatic_blue
angelinearth123
Aquatic_blue
angelinearth123

No problem smile I just hope that Garland and I were able to be of great assistance to you ^_^ it's good that you ask questions and I don't mind answering if I can!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:54 am

No problem smile I just hope that Garland and I were able to be of great assistance to you ^_^ it's good that you ask questions and I don't mind answering if I can!

you were! thanks a lot  

angelinearth123

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:22 am
angelinearth123
Garland-Green
angelinearth123
Garland-Green
angelinearth123

science i think

www.icr.org

i'll try reading it ^_^

Lots of interesting articles, comments on scientific and archaeological discoveries. smile Hope it helps you see things differently, and helps you with your doubts if it is purely based on scientific findings. Just a heads up: what is scientific truths are constantly changing, they are not reliable, but God's word is always true.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:05 pm
Big Daddy?  

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

lgnacio Egnatius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 am
Aquatic_blue
angelinearth123
Aquatic_blue
angelinearth123

WHY CAN'T I TIP THIS!!??!?!?!? scream scream  
Questions & Answers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces