Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Does God Consider you Married if you don't legally get..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Girl With The Windex Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:48 pm
married?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 pm
Can you please explain what you mean?

I'm kinda confused. Do you mean like in the statis? Or something else?  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:12 am
It would help if you explained things in a bit more detail. However, I think I understand what you mean in a sense, but I can't be sure unless you give an example of a scenario or something of that sort. I don't want to post something without having a full understanding on what exactly you mean.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 pm
Like my Fiance and I consider ourselves married even though we aren't legally married. We would be, but I receive ssi and, according to ssi he makes too much. So if we were to get married I would no longer get ssi. The money isn't really the issue, I mean it is, but it is mainly because I get free medical and I have mild cp so if for some reason something serious happened that medicaid does help. So I am asking, even though we aren't legally married, do you think God still considers us married or am I still living in sin?  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:27 pm
Like my Fiance and I consider ourselves married even though we aren't legally married. We would be, but I receive ssi and, according to ssi he makes too much. So if we were to get married I would no longer get ssi. The money isn't really the issue, I mean it is, but it is mainly because I get free medical and I have mild cp so if for some reason something serious happened that medicaid does help. So I am asking, even though we aren't legally married, do you think God still considers us married or am I still living in sin?

Sometimes there is something that some people like to call "marriage of the heart". Back then in Biblical times, I'm sure people didn't always have time or the money to afford a wedding and were considered married because they were together, lived together, and sometimes brought up a family together. My concern about pre-marital sex is that some people don't stay together as a married couple and move onto other partners, which leads to adultery and sometimes not being legally married can make some prone to lusting after others or thinking, "Oh, I'm not married...I'm not committed to that person. I can do what I want." You could be "married" without being "married", but being married is committing yourself to your spouse and to be there for them no matter what as the wedding vows would say. If someone is not legally married, but with someone, they should only consider themself married if they are truly committed to that relationship forever.

Also, as people, money is a huge worry to a lot of us in society because we need it to eat, to pay bills, to pay for medical, to travel, to pay off loans, etc. Money is something that we need to survive, but for some people causes evil.

I never claimed SSI before. However, I used to have a government funded health insurance. They would cover almost everything and were great at approving necessary medical procedures. I had that when I was 18 and it helped a lot with medical expenses. At that time I was at my parents house, but was also considered an adult so I got the health insurance. When I got married at 20, I had the insurance for a while because my husband and I were still below the listed state poverty level. We were getting by and it was nice to only have to pay $5 for a medication that's nearly $300 and $10 for a doctors appointment that would normally cost almost $200. As time wore on, I stressed because I needed that and they were trying to kick off a lot of people - especially married and childless couples, which was a category that I fell in. It was a messed up thing and I had it for longer than I expected and made impossible deadlines for information that I shouldn't have made so I thank God that I had the benefits longer than expected. They tried to constantly kick me off the program after I got married. My husband later got a good paying job and we made only $105 dollars over the limit so they booted us and I only had a few weeks until my benefits ended. That was rough, and we could afford my medicine that I needed and when I went to the doctor with no insurance, she told me about the Rx Outreach Program where I could get my medication for way cheaper. It was $90 for a 6 month supply. Of course I had to get a written prescription to send to them in the mail and all that stuff, but once it was approved and I got the medication...I'm not set until August and don't have to pay a couple hundred dollars just for a month of medication for a while and I feel truly blessed. With my husband's job, we were also able to afford the doctors visit already scheduled. God has truly taken care of me and my needs so I try not to worry about it so much.

You should pray with your fiance and figure out the right thing to do. Definitely don't let money keep you from becoming married. Keep in mind that if you were married that at least one of you could get a good paying job to cover both of your needs. Also look into low income programs if you will be a low income couple. With God, there's always a way. Trust in Him and make sure that the decision you are making is correct.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games