Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The History of the Church, Israel and the World
The Plain Truth about the Roman Catholic Church Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiz curls

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 am
Garland-Green
chiz curls
Garland-Green
chiz curls
Garland-Green
chiz curls
Thank you for this informartion. It helps me a lot! I really appreciate people who give their time and effort for this. May God Bless you guys.
God bless you too! The most important things is that people are saved, by putting their trust in Jesus. There is nothing else, and no other name under heaven through which anyone can be saved, so traditions should be shaved away, discarded as garbage if they are in His way, if they are man-made they need to go away, so people can see the light, and respond to it. If traditions over-shadow God's message to us, then they are not from him. I think that is what is happening in the Catholic church. There is a lot of focus on tradition, instead of going directly to the source. It blinds people to the fact that they can only come to God through Jesus. Jesus paid for our sins on the cross, and gave to whoever believes that he died for us the right to be called sons of God (John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name). It is pretty amazing! Because of Jesus I can come into the most holy of holy, not by my actions, not by my own righteousness from my own works, but by his blood that he shed for the forgiveness of my sins (Romans 5:9 - Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him).
So I am not saved because of my church, or because of doing the seven sacraments, but only through Jesus - through believing in him. Jesus died one time, and for all time on the cross for our sins. I experience God's saving grace through my belief in Jesus.

I would like to share a video of a former priest.
Testimony of an Ex Priest

I totally agree... I'm a Roman Catholic but after God showed me the answers to my questions, I decided not to base my faith on any religion but to God directly and read the Holy Bible. Reading Holy Bible is really tough, especially understanding the phrase. I'm very thankful that some people like this guild give so much effort to help the people who are confused and needs to be enlightened like me.
Thank you for this video. I'll definitely watch this.

It can be hard sometimes understanding, but we have a great God who doesn't leave us to ourselves, and our own understanding.
He reveals things to us, as He did with his disciples.

Luke 24:45
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

Also if the language is difficult you can look up the verse in another translation. It sometimes helps. I do when the word is hard for me to understand. The thing about the Bible, is that it being the word of God - lives. The words are not just words, but when you read a verse, and then read it later it can still teach you things. It can speak to you directly. It has a depth other books don't have.

Before I became a Christian I picked up the Bible, read it, but understood nothing. It didn't matter what translation I read, I couldn't understand what it was about. Since I was not of God, I couldn't understand the things of God.

I am thankful for this guild too. People here really care about God, and about understanding God. They are very dedicated to the truth. That should be the main priority in all our lives.

Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Yeah I feel the same way too. When I read a Bible, I feel something very good and I'm slowly learning and reflecting on my actions. That's why when I have a problem I seek help to God coz I know He would provide the answers to my questions.
Tho I still have a lot of things to learn and what must do. I wanna know more about God.

Because you honestly want to know more about Him, I am absolutely positive that He will show you more of Himself to you.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalm 54:4
Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.

Amen. : )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:18 am
chiz curls
Garland-Green
chiz curls
Garland-Green
chiz curls

I totally agree... I'm a Roman Catholic but after God showed me the answers to my questions, I decided not to base my faith on any religion but to God directly and read the Holy Bible. Reading Holy Bible is really tough, especially understanding the phrase. I'm very thankful that some people like this guild give so much effort to help the people who are confused and needs to be enlightened like me.
Thank you for this video. I'll definitely watch this.

It can be hard sometimes understanding, but we have a great God who doesn't leave us to ourselves, and our own understanding.
He reveals things to us, as He did with his disciples.

Luke 24:45
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

Also if the language is difficult you can look up the verse in another translation. It sometimes helps. I do when the word is hard for me to understand. The thing about the Bible, is that it being the word of God - lives. The words are not just words, but when you read a verse, and then read it later it can still teach you things. It can speak to you directly. It has a depth other books don't have.

Before I became a Christian I picked up the Bible, read it, but understood nothing. It didn't matter what translation I read, I couldn't understand what it was about. Since I was not of God, I couldn't understand the things of God.

I am thankful for this guild too. People here really care about God, and about understanding God. They are very dedicated to the truth. That should be the main priority in all our lives.

Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Yeah I feel the same way too. When I read a Bible, I feel something very good and I'm slowly learning and reflecting on my actions. That's why when I have a problem I seek help to God coz I know He would provide the answers to my questions.
Tho I still have a lot of things to learn and what must do. I wanna know more about God.

Because you honestly want to know more about Him, I am absolutely positive that He will show you more of Himself to you.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalm 54:4
Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.

Amen. : )

God bless you! ^_^  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Scottish Highlands

Friendly Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:18 am
I am going to keep this relatively short, because I have other duties to attend to.

This post is downright offensive. By posting this, you are dividing the Mystical Body of Our Blessed Lord and pitting brother against brother, friend against friend, and child against parent. This post claims that the Catholic Church is not true Christianity but some form of Pagan idolatry.

For the first 1,054 years of the Christian Church, we were all members of the same Body. St. Ignatius of Antioch's Letter to the Smyrnaeans, written around 107 A.D., first coins the term "Catholic Church". Are you saying these early Christians aren't truly Christians but are all members of some Pagan cult?

Likewise, it was the Catholic Church who gave to mankind the compiled Bible during the famous Synod of Hippo. If the Catholic Church is a pagan cult, then likewise its religious book would follow in that suit.

It's one thing to criticize Mother Church; I do that frequently. It's another to downright accuse her of heresy. I ask that you remove this post so that the Body of Christ is no longer divided in this guild.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:50 am
Bless me Father
I am going to keep this relatively short, because I have other duties to attend to.

This post is downright offensive. By posting this, you are dividing the Mystical Body of Our Blessed Lord and pitting brother against brother, friend against friend, and child against parent. This post claims that the Catholic Church is not true Christianity but some form of Pagan idolatry.

For the first 1,054 years of the Christian Church, we were all members of the same Body. St. Ignatius of Antioch's Letter to the Smyrnaeans, written around 107 A.D., first coins the term "Catholic Church". Are you saying these early Christians aren't truly Christians but are all members of some Pagan cult?

Likewise, it was the Catholic Church who gave to mankind the compiled Bible during the famous Synod of Hippo. If the Catholic Church is a pagan cult, then likewise its religious book would follow in that suit.

It's one thing to criticize Mother Church; I do that frequently. It's another to downright accuse her of heresy. I ask that you remove this post so that the Body of Christ is no longer divided in this guild.

It was unfair to call it the ancient mystery religion, but the word catholic has changed meaning over time. Now it has come to mean those that belong under the authority of the Roman Catholic church, calling itself the mother church. The divide has already been made there by those making claim to this title. By Pope's claiming to be head of the church, by claiming to be the road to Salvation. By even using the title of Pope (Matthew 23:9).

“We declare, say , define, and pronounce that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff.”
-Pope Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam (1302 AD)

Catholic as used by the first Christians meant universal, not tied to one particular denomination, location or man on earth. God uses pagans to bring about His will and to inform us. An example is the Dead Sea Scrolls. They were gathered by people belonging to ancient Jewish sect called the Essenes.

Epiphanius (Bishop of Salamis, Cyprus, end of the 4th century) describes this group as following:

The Nazarean – they were Jews by nationality – originally from Gileaditis, Bashanitis and the Transjordan... They acknowledged Moses and believed that he had received laws – not this law, however, but some other. And so, they were Jews who kept all the Jewish observances, but they would not offer sacrifice or eat meat. They considered it unlawful to eat meat or make sacrifices with it. They claim that these Books are fictions, and that none of these customs were instituted by the fathers. This was the difference between the Nazarean and the others...

They didn't offer sacrifice so they where heretical in that they denied the central teachings of the Torah.

Yet because of them we have the oldest copy of Isaiah today. Showing us how accurately the Bible has been passed down through the years. How reliable it is.

Roman roads happened to be built just right before the Gospel needed to go out into the world. Paul used Roman roads to bring the Gospel to remote places. That God makes use of us doesn't mean that we are in the right.

I stand by what I said about the Sacraments being in the way of Christ and that when they take His place as a mode of Salvation that they become heretical. I affirm that infant baptism is not a mode use by the early Church to bring people into the church and that it does more damage to the church than it does good. I know this from the church in my own country. A church that has no ties to the Catholic church but practice many of the same things. Because membership of the church has become to mean having been baptized into the church as a child those that are baptized in have a voice. They have a say. With that voice they have overturned and made accepted in the church many of the things that the Bible explicitly speak against. It is now for example allowed to marry same-sex couple in all of the churches here.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Yei of the Fire Nation

Firebreathing Comrade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:06 pm
*sigh* Didn't realize this was an apostolic Christianity bashing group. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:08 pm
Yei of the Fire Nation
*sigh* Didn't realize this was an apostolic Christianity bashing group. rolleyes

Bashing means unfounded hateful, wrongful claims. I don't feel like that was the intent behind this post. I would not mind discussing what you find to be bashing in the posts I have made. It would be a way for me to be more aware and accountable for what I say and write.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

The History of the Church, Israel and the World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas