Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Dog Aggression

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiken Gakusei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:46 pm
I have a two and a half year old boxer lab mix. He has been professionally trained and has received his CGC. I did everything right in socializing him. but around a year he started getting aggressive towards dogs. He just runs up like he's going to play but a fight always breaks out. He is fixed. the last time I let him play with a dog it lasted all of three seconds and cost me $500 in vet bills to the other owner. Since then I just don't let him around other dogs. I don't know what happened or how to fix this. I've tried re-socialization, desensitization, nothing has worked. any advice is welcome at this point since I've run out of ideas.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:30 am
Some dogs just don't enjoy the company of other dogs. DA can happen in any breed, and you just have to manage the dog properly. If that means not letting the dog play with others, so be it.  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Kaiken Gakusei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:35 am
I thought that might be the only solution. It's unfortunate but he doesn't seem too bothered at not having canine company. With all his training he's fairly manageable on a leash. It just would have been nice to be able to let him run at the park. But as every owner knows the safety of our pets and others comes before anything else  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games