So I've had my blood test in regards to my health Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:05 am
I pushed aside my major phobia of blood tests and went for it. I was sick of my mum nagging me. However, it was the most painful thing ever. Now you might think I'm overreacting when I say that, but what with me having Dyspraxia I feel pain more than others. It's very hard to explain.

I have a nasty bruise from my blood test. It's extremely painful. I'm finding sleeping with it is really hard work.

I'm also really pleased that I had a lovely and understanding nurse.

Lastly, we'll have to see if anything comes from the blood test. Hopefully I'm OK.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:06 pm
i have a fear of blood tests for that reason D= .... mosquito bites hurt like a b***h for me, so blood tests hurt so much more.... it really sucks. im suppose to go get my blood tested but im way to scared for that sweatdrop  

GhostlyGlitter

Kawaii Kitten

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:10 pm
User Image

The last time I had a blood test I passed out...
I have a blood phobia.
=,='

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:18 pm
Haylzy Heart-Broken
i have a fear of blood tests for that reason D= .... mosquito bites hurt like a b***h for me, so blood tests hurt so much more.... it really sucks. im suppose to go get my blood tested but im way to scared for that sweatdrop

I was putting it off for weeks. sad  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:34 pm
Subliminal Aftermath
User Image

The last time I had a blood test I passed out...
I have a blood phobia.
=,='

User Image

I thankfully don't pass out and yet it's still extremely scary. I couldn't look at the nurse drawing the blood.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:55 pm
K i m z y
Haylzy Heart-Broken

so am i o_o i've put it off for 4 months and then my doctor told me to go for real this time and i was like k i will but nevver did XD  

GhostlyGlitter

Kawaii Kitten

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 pm
Haylzy Heart-Broken
K i m z y
Haylzy Heart-Broken

so am i o_o i've put it off for 4 months and then my doctor told me to go for real this time and i was like k i will but nevver did XD

I tried numbing cream (yes, I'm a baby) and it didn't bloody work! In the end I just went for it because my mum wouldn't stop nagging me and it was driving me crazy.

Now...I don't know if I could get another blood test. It terrifies me. The chair, the band around your arm, etc. *Shivers just thinking about it*

The blood test is testing me for everything. Vitamin D deficiency, arthritis, etc. Everything. I'm hoping that nothing shows up. I have enough problems as it is, I don't need more.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:23 am
I have a very low Vitamin D deficiency. That's what showed up from my blood test. Basically I'm really poorly. The doctor put me on a Vitamin D supplement tablet.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:09 am
Vitamin D deficiency? You know what that means right? Girl! turn off the computer, get off your butt, go outside, and get some freaking sunlight! emotion_omnomnom

You really shouldn't get much of a bruise from having your blood drawn, that usually means the nurse missed the vein, nicked something, or used a large gauge needle. If I were you, I'd ask for a different nurse the next time you go and see if you get a different experience.

Now I'm a big baby when it comes to pain, even the tiniest sting can have me near tears. I've had both very good blood drawings and very bad blood drawings. The last time I had me blood drawn, the nurse did it quickly and cleanly and I barely felt a thing but when I was younger, I had a very bad experience where the nurse stuck me with the needle several times and claimed she couldn't find a vein so she then stuck a large gauge needle in a vein in my hand and it was the most painful experience of my life. To this day, I still have a white dot scar on my hand from that blood drawing.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 am
The doctor wasn't happy because the bruise isn't healing. I may need to go back if it's not gone shortly.

I know! I will. However, I also have Raynauds so that makes me feel really cold. How annoying.

My diet is really good. It's just because I don't get enough sun.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:52 am
The last time blood work came back for me it was B12 deficiency. It can cause problems but it's easily managed. Hopefully it's something not too serious heart

I use to be petrified of needles. The first time I had blood work I laughed hysterically for 20 minutes, while it was being done and after I left.
I've given blood in an attempt to rid myself of my fear of needles. My very first time at the clinic the nurse missed the vein completely and inserted the needle (not a small needle, mind you) right into the muscle of my arm. I almost punched the girl.
Because of health issues I've had to get over that fear quickly. I give myself injections every two weeks [the medication is extremely painful]. I've had morphine shots, IVs in my hand, so many blood tests, a ton of work on my teeth involving needles, and a tuberculosis test.

My thing is I have to see whatever needle is going into me. When I had my ears pierced with a needle the lady told me I was one of two people who ever asked to look at the needle she was using.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 am
i never really had my blood test before
i never really like needles that much
so getting blood tested is....meh
and it's weird too because i want to donate blood xD

winown

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Hehekea

Timid Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:41 pm
I feel sorry for all you with needle phobias. I personally love blood tests, they make me giggle cause it tickles. My brother used to have a crippling phobia of needles so I always was there when he freaked out. He got over it when his appendix burst and he spent weeks in a hospital with an iv.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:59 pm
Ooo lab work. It is part of my life. If everything is going well I only have to have it done once a month!

I have to agree with what was said above about bruising. You shouldn't have a big bruise after lab work, if you do get another tech. I'm on blood thinners so I bruise crazy easy and I rarely bruise from my lab work.  

delicatedisarray

Shy Prophet

9,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:02 pm
delicatedisarray
Ooo lab work. It is part of my life. If everything is going well I only have to have it done once a month!

I have to agree with what was said above about bruising. You shouldn't have a big bruise after lab work, if you do get another tech. I'm on blood thinners so I bruise crazy easy and I rarely bruise from my lab work.

I will most likely need another blood test to see if the vitamin D supplement is working for me. I will no doubt again dread it.

I'm on a vitamin D supplement and I find that my bruise went away. I'm thinking that the vitamin D supplement has helped. However, I'm not 100% sure on that, but it's just a guess.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff