• Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 pm
For recipe sites, I almost always use:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/
or
http://allrecipes.com/  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:38 pm
I wanna post one of my favorite foods. Easy to make too!

Porcupine Balls
1lb of hamburger
1 cup rice
1 can tomato soup
worcheshire sauce

Mix hamburger, rice and some worcheshire sauce together in a bowl and you can make 4 decent sized balls. You put them in a 8x8 pan and pour the can of tomato soup on top then half a can of water.

Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 35-45 minutes. I add even more rice at the bottom to eat as a side.  

Sailor Stephy

Obsessive Cultist

a moon full of stars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:39 pm
Lass Kyon
For recipe sites, I almost always use:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/
or
http://allrecipes.com/

thanks! i will add them. :3

i like allrecipes.com, i have a bunch of links somewhere but i am le tired.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:42 pm
I know the majority of LSGers are American so I'm wondering whether it's worth converting my recipe measurements before I post them?

Also do we want to include photos where possible?  

Vitamin Crack

a moon full of stars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:43 pm
Vitamin Crack
I know the majority of LSGers are American so I'm wondering whether it's worth converting my recipe measurements before I post them?

Also do we want to include photos where possible?

It's up to you really, I'll put up a conversion chart in the links post at some point when i can find the one i use.

and pictures would be grand! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:45 pm
i bought a cupcake book from a charity shop the other day and you just reminded me it had cups/grams/oz which i thought was really great.  

a moon full of stars

a moon full of stars

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm
also i will have subsections at some point when we have more recipes.

like meat/fish/poultry/vegetarian/vegan or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:41 pm
Pasties

12 mass units flour
3 mass units butter
3 mass units crisco

Put flour, butter and crisco together and cut till it looks sorta like dough.
Add cold water till it can be rolled.
Roll out to 1/16" to 1/8" thick and cut into a shape for a pie, I like rectangles but ovals and circles are OK too.

Fill some with chopped raw potatoes and steak seasoned with salt, fill the others with chopped apples covered with apple sauce combined with honey, cinnamon and other spices as desired. That way you have the main course and dessert.

Fold the pie crust over the filling and moisten the edges to stick it together. Crimp or fold the edges together.

Mark the pies with cuts so you know which is which. (Just pretend they are really emo pies)

Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, (463 degree Kelvin for those in metric countries) for 1 hour on a cookie sheet covered with parchment.  

Deaux

Sailor Stephy

Obsessive Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:38 pm
lol
Stephy's Porcupine Balls.

emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:35 am
Deaux
Pasties

12 mass units flour
3 mass units butter
3 mass units crisco

Put flour, butter and crisco together and cut till it looks sorta like dough.
Add cold water till it can be rolled.
Roll out to 1/16" to 1/8" thick and cut into a shape for a pie, I like rectangles but ovals and circles are OK too.

Fill some with chopped raw potatoes and steak seasoned with salt, fill the others with chopped apples covered with apple sauce combined with honey, cinnamon and other spices as desired. That way you have the main course and dessert.

Fold the pie crust over the filling and moisten the edges to stick it together. Crimp or fold the edges together.

Mark the pies with cuts so you know which is which. (Just pretend they are really emo pies)

Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, (463 degree Kelvin for those in metric countries) for 1 hour on a cookie sheet covered with parchment.

heart rofl kelvin made me lol  

a moon full of stars

a moon full of stars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:22 pm
Lydia's Brownies
gooey and rich
1 hour, easy peasy!

I've made these brownies as muffins, a cake and in a loaf tin, never as actual brownie squares but I'm certain no matter what you put the batter in it will come out yummy (as long as you remember to adjust cooking time/heat).
I can't guarantee how accurate my measurements are as most of the time I just wing it but if you throw these ingredients together in roughly this ratio it will be nommable.

Ingredients

180g unsalted butter
180g dark chocolate (something over 50% cocoa solids)
80g plain flour (i'm certain this will taste fabulous with any GF flour if you have intolerances)
40g cocoa powder
3 eggs
150g caster sugar
100g muscovado sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
(it works just as well with 280g caster sugar instead of muscovado and golden syrup if you don't have those but I prefer the richer flavour)

chocolate chunks (optional)

Method

1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180c

2. Break up the chocolate and the butter into small pieces and melt together. I use the microwave on medium power in 20 second bursts. Keep stirring it, a lot of the unmelted chunks will melt when stirred or left to sit in the already melted chocolate/butter mixture.

3. Once smooth, stir in the golden syrup and leave to cool.

4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, add the sugar and whisk until frothy and thick. If you have an electric mixer use that.

5. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over this eggy mousse and fold in. Use a spatula in a figure of 8 motion, try to keep the mixture thick and airy.

6. Use a sieve to sift in the flour and cocoa powder (you can mix these together in a separate bowl as most recipes suggest for dry ingredients but I have a washing up aversion and this uses less bowls) and fold together in the same way. It will go gooey eventually just be patient and don't overwork it.

6.5. Here is where you add the chunks if using.

7. Pour or spoon the mixture into your desired greased and/or lined bakeware. This recipe makes an amount of batter. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but once you taste the leftovers you will not care. I think it should make around 12 muffins, 24 cupcakes or 1 tray. It made enough for 1 loaf tin and a shallow 9-inch cake tin iirc. Any leftover batter that doesn't go straight to your/your partner's/friend's/kids'/dog's mouth can be put into ramekins and baked alongside.

8. BAKE! A tray should take around 20-30 minutes, muffins around 20, cupcakes less and if you make a brownie cake turn the heat down to gas mark 3 and bake for around 40 minutes, checking after 30. If you pull the tray out slightly and the middle jiggles, it's not done. If you're unsure, get a skewer or a knife and stick it into the middle of the cake, if it comes out almost clean then it's done. This may damage its structural integrity.

9. Burn your mouth trying to eat these well before they're cool. Serve with ice cream or a glass of milk, do not underestimate the goo!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:53 pm
I never measure when I make this so I am just rough estimating. Also it makes about 6 large bowls.

Title: Pudding's Potato Soup
Category:
Starters and Soup

Ingredients:
3 Baker Potatoes cubed
3 Green Onions chopped
1/4 White Onion chopped
6 or so slices of Bacon (cooked and chopped up.)
3 springs of Fresh Rosemary diced into small pieces.
20oz Chicken Broth
1/4 cup milk
Salt and pepper to flavor
1 tbsp butter

Method:
1. Combine potatoes and white onions in large pot of water and boil until potatoes are tender. Drain.
2. Add milk and then chicken broth and then blend with an electric mixer.
3. Add back to heat and let simmer while you add bacon, green onions, salt, pepper, butter and rosemary.
4. Let simmer until it is a desirable consistency (I eat it mildly thick but still soupy.)
5. Serve and enjoy!

Optional yummies - Put a little shredded cheddar cheese.  

Pudding Raven

Lord-of-the-flies

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:23 pm
LOTF's Chicken Marsala

Category: Main
Total prep + cook time: ~45 minutes

Ingredients: 3/4c Marsala cooking wine, 1.5lbs boneless, skinless chicken, ~1c corn starch, 1c chicken broth, Vegetable oil, a handful of angel hair pasta, salt+pepper, water.

Method:
1. In a gallon size storage bag, combine corn starch, salt, and pepper well, then set aside.
2. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch thick strips, and lightly coat in oil with a brush on all sides of each piece.
3. A few at a time, place strips in the bag with the corn starch mixture and shake till coated. Repeat until all pieces are evenly coated on all sides.
4. In a frying pan, add about 1/4 in. of oil, and heat until warm.
5. While the oil is heating, prepare a pot of water for the pasta. Once boiling, break the pasta in half, and add to the water.
7. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken strips in the pan, a few at a time, and fry evenly on each side until cooked through - approx 3 minutes for fresh, 7-9 minutes for previously frozen. Don't worry if some breading comes undone, it will be used in the sauce.
8. Set the chicken to the side, don't worry about draining.
9. Add about 1 tbsp of the remaining corn starch mixture to the oil, and mix together. Much of the oil should have been absorbed by now. Add the chicken broth to the oil mixture, and mix together.
10. Bring the broth to a boil, and check the noodles for doneness. If they're done, drain and set back in the pot to keep warm.
11. Add the Marsala wine to the boiling mix, mix well, and continue to boil.
12. Taste the sauce every few minutes, stirring, scraping up any leftover bits in the bottom of the pan. When the sauce no longer tastes of alcohol, it's done. If you desire a thicker sauce, you can continue adding little bits of cornstarch mixture.
13. Place a generous helping of pasta on a plate, top with chicken as desired.
14. Pour enough sauce over the plate to cover the chicken and pasta.
15. Enjoy!  
The Literate Spam Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces