Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Friendly Debate
Animals in Heaven? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 am
I was curious as to what you all thought about animals having souls and possibly going to Heaven?

We hear a lot about animals in The Holy Bible and they occur in prophecies a lot of the time as well.

I believe that it's something we can't be 100% sure of, but I do believe it is more than possible smile considering a lot of verses in Revelation about the horsemen of the apocalypse.

There is also mention of animal-like characteristics at the Throne of God:

Revelation 4:6 - 8 NIV:

Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,'

who was, and is, and is to come.”

*There's also prophecies that mention animals so I believe it's possible that animals are in Heaven:

2 Kings 2:11 NIV:

As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

* or possibly that there angels or spirits in Heaven that are able to manifest themselves to look like an animal through the power of God. I believe it's possible either way, but I don't think we'll know for sure until we get there smile

I just wanted to hear people's opinions on this because it is debated from time to time smile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:44 am
Aquatic_blue
I was curious as to what you all thought about animals having souls and possibly going to Heaven?

We hear a lot about animals in The Holy Bible and they occur in prophecies a lot of the time as well.

I believe that it's something we can't be 100% sure of, but I do believe it is more than possible smile considering a lot of verses in Revelation about the horsemen of the apocalypse.

Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

*There's also prophecies that mention animals so I believe it's possible that animals are in Heaven:

As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

* or possibly that there angels or spirits in Heaven that are able to manifest themselves to look like an animal through the power of God. I believe it's possible either way, but I don't think we'll know for sure until we get there smile

I just wanted to hear people's opinions on this because it is debated from time to time smile

Aquatic_blue

“‘Holy, holy, holy

ehh, i don't know, not really sure...i got pretty curious in your topic though...

but i think those animals in heaven you're talking about -- or at least animal-like creatures are created by God separately from the animals here on earth..though it's not said in the Bible..it's just my own opinion...

About what you have said in Revelation, there is also a similar verse in Isaiah 6: 2-3 -- Above him (Isaiah) were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." Now, I have a book that says that they are Seraphs. And there are different types of angels mentioned in the Bible though i can't remember where in the Bible are they..i can't find my book either.. sweatdrop so i think they're angels but they don't look like humans..

And besides, when God created everything, He created everything through His Word, but when He created humans, He formed and shaped them out of dust and He breathed on them with His breath of life. He didn't do that to animals. (Gen. 2:7)

I'm not saying that there are no animals on heaven by what i have mentioned. I don't know if the horses in the chariots of fire are even "animals"..hehe..they are probably also spirit beings that God created in the spiritual realm. No one knows. But, should there be any "animals" in heaven, or any beings that are in animal form, in my opinion i think that God created them separately from the animals here on earth as i just mentioned, and i don't think that they are dead animals whose souls rise up to heaven and started serving and praising God. Because only humans as said in the Bible has God's breath of life...well, that's just my opinion.. xd  

Yasha Victoria

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:56 pm
Yes, I do believe that there are animals in heaven! And that God created certain animals for certain purposes. I believe that nothing happens by chance. God created the farm animals for our nourishment. He created horses to serve us, and he created companion animals so that we would not be lonely. I believe that God would honor the special relationship between mankind and animals by allowing animals to go to heaven.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:33 pm
Aishin Mikomi
Aquatic_blue

“‘Holy, holy, holy

Aquatic_blue

“‘Holy, holy, holy

ehh, i don't know, not really sure...i got pretty curious in your topic though...

but i think those animals in heaven you're talking about -- or at least animal-like creatures are created by God separately from the animals here on earth..though it's not said in the Bible..it's just my own opinion...

About what you have said in Revelation, there is also a similar verse in Isaiah 6: 2-3 -- Above him (Isaiah) were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." Now, I have a book that says that they are Seraphs. And there are different types of angels mentioned in the Bible though i can't remember where in the Bible are they..i can't find my book either.. sweatdrop so i think they're angels but they don't look like humans..

And besides, when God created everything, He created everything through His Word, but when He created humans, He formed and shaped them out of dust and He breathed on them with His breath of life. He didn't do that to animals. (Gen. 2:7)

I'm not saying that there are no animals on heaven by what i have mentioned. I don't know if the horses in the chariots of fire are even "animals"..hehe..they are probably also spirit beings that God created in the spiritual realm. No one knows. But, should there be any "animals" in heaven, or any beings that are in animal form, in my opinion i think that God created them separately from the animals here on earth as i just mentioned, and i don't think that they are dead animals whose souls rise up to heaven and started serving and praising God. Because only humans as said in the Bible has God's breath of life...well, that's just my opinion.. xd

In Revelation I can totally believe if what was described were seraphs. Revelation is dumbed down to a human version and tried to put in words that we would understand. I'm sure it's hard to explain something purely spiritual in the physical realm. So we may not understood if they were purely angels that didn't look human, but not 100% like we imagine an angel. It's quite complicated in a sense =] although, I do know God probably loves animals, too. If He didn't like animals, I don't think He would've made so many if any at all. ^_^

It's kind of interesting since we probably won't know the answer until we actually see it all for ourselves. It's a bit exciting to think about smile  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:36 pm
Karo Kiba
Yes, I do believe that there are animals in heaven! And that God created certain animals for certain purposes. I believe that nothing happens by chance. God created the farm animals for our nourishment. He created horses to serve us, and he created companion animals so that we would not be lonely. I believe that God would honor the special relationship between mankind and animals by allowing animals to go to heaven.

Your last sentence is a good thought smile because it's totally possible if God willed for animals to be in Heaven. Sometimes I just wonder if they are actually animals that died on earth or the animals described are possibly spiritual manifestations of God's that are animals, but spiritual instead of physical...if that makes sense razz

That's true that animals were put here for a purpose - so that they may provide us with food, help aid us in work that we can't do alone, and as companions. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:44 pm
Aquatic_blue
Karo Kiba

Your last sentence is a good thought smile because it's totally possible if God willed for animals to be in Heaven. Sometimes I just wonder if they are actually animals that died on earth or the animals described are possibly spiritual manifestations of God's that are animals, but spiritual instead of physical...if that makes sense razz

That's true that animals were put here for a purpose - so that they may provide us with food, help aid us in work that we can't do alone, and as companions. biggrin

I definitely feel like animals can go to heaven... For me, I usually feel like they (especially the smarter ones) are at a level as children are. If children didn't have much time to "develop" their spirit yet and if, for some reason, they die before being able to do so, would they go to Heaven? If God cares about even a sparrow that falls (and obviously it said that we humans get special treatment), I don't see how they can vanish completely. They have their own distinct and precious personalities and are just unaware of God (or are they? We might never know what's happening in their minds). I can't believe that they would be punished as sinners in being separated from God (as in Hell or whatnot) if they have no faults as it may apply to very young children?

I guess I might be too attached to my pets but dogs especially are animals that love us no matter what we look like, nor what we say... They see us for who we are and humans can act a lot worse than animals do at times. :S

Elena Kiara

Friendly Explorer

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:47 am
I certainly hope animals go to heaven. I really like what Karo Kiba said.

As a lifelong animal lover, I'm highly emotionally biased on this topic, but yes, I would very much like to believe that animals can go to heaven.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:43 pm
Awesome smile I like hearing all your opinions on this topic ^_^  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 am
Im sure if we asked God to allow us to see our long lost pets. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:51 am
911child

Hmm, this is an interesting way to think of it surprised perhaps God could grant that to someone in Heaven...gotta ask Him one day smile  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:53 am
Aquatic_blue
911child

Hmm, this is an interesting way to think of it surprised perhaps God could grant that to someone in Heaven...gotta ask Him one day smile

Yeah, i dont recall where i heard it, but ive been told that animals have no souls, there for they cannot go to heaven. But God is possible of all things so im sure he'd allow us to have them again.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:03 am
911child
Aquatic_blue
911child

Yeah, i dont recall where i heard it, but ive been told that animals have no souls, there for they cannot go to heaven. But God is possible of all things so im sure he'd allow us to have them again.

I'm not really sure if animals have souls or not. According to parts of the Bible - it seems to agree with that in my opinion since we were given dominion over animals. Also, if we kill an animal - it isn't exactly "murder". We were told in the Bible that we could use animals for food and for some cultures what foods were and weren't appropriate. Animals also don't have self-reflection. They act on the instincts that God has given them in order to stay alive and that can include killing other animals at times. If an animal needs to eat another animal to survive - the animal doesn't feel guilty about it at all. They lack that self-reflection that humans have. It's probably these causes that have lead people to say that animals don't have souls and after they die - they don't go anywhere - neither Heaven nor Hell. That debate makes sense to me. Animals in Heaven also makes sense to me, too. So I suppose I'll have to wait and see what's there. =D  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:11 am
Aquatic_blue
911child
Aquatic_blue
911child

I'm not really sure if animals have souls or not. According to parts of the Bible - it seems to agree with that in my opinion since we were given dominion over animals. Also, if we kill an animal - it isn't exactly "murder". We were told in the Bible that we could use animals for food and for some cultures what foods were and weren't appropriate. Animals also don't have self-reflection. They act on the instincts that God has given them in order to stay alive and that can include killing other animals at times. If an animal needs to eat another animal to survive - the animal doesn't feel guilty about it at all. They lack that self-reflection that humans have. It's probably these causes that have lead people to say that animals don't have souls and after they die - they don't go anywhere - neither Heaven nor Hell. That debate makes sense to me. Animals in Heaven also makes sense to me, too. So I suppose I'll have to wait and see what's there. =D

Heh yeah, not saying i beat animals, but as you said only until we are with God will we know for sure.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:12 am
911child
Aquatic_blue
911child
Aquatic_blue
911child

Heh yeah, not saying i beat animals, but as you said only until we are with God will we know for sure.

Yup, when we get to Heaven, we will have to see for ourselves and wait at what surprises await us biggrin  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:15 am
Aquatic_blue
911child
Aquatic_blue
911child
Aquatic_blue
911child

Yup, when we get to Heaven, we will have to see for ourselves and wait at what surprises await us biggrin

^_^ until then we just need to do as God asked us  
Friendly Debate

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces