Raw meats
View Results

Chi-Cura

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:01 pm
I work with animals on a volunteer basis and have been talking for a long time with my vet colleges about ways to provide cheaper food for our shelter animals, and we've decided one way to help reduce food waste AND feed our animals is with donations from butchers who can't sell organs, bones, and other meat scraps.

We created a petition to help get our cause started, and would really appeciate Signatures!

What do you feed your pets?

Many families already feed their pets raw food, what do you feed your furry family?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:18 am
I feed my dog and cat Orijen. I'd feed them raw if I could afford to and had the freezer space.  

CrissAngelLover12345

Ailinea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:58 pm
I fed my dog raw for a good 8 months or so but due to budget and availability issues have switched him back to kibble for the time being. I feed him Taste of the Wild kibble and occasionally Evo 95% venison or beef canned food as a treat.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:52 pm
I'm not exactly ANTI-raw, but I think if you do it you HAVE to do it right or it can be problematic. Someone convinced my brother to feed his cat "raw" but he was just feeding her raw chopped meat he got from the supermarket. She didn't even want to eat it most of the time. I convinced him to go back to a commercial diet but a good quality one.

I think it has it's place but it's just too expensive & time consuming for my family so we use high end commercial food mixed with healthy people food (pumpkin, yogurt & vegetables) for our dogs

Of course my reptiles all get raw wink  

imderanged

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:21 pm
Most of us in this guild are into natural food for our pets. I agree with imderanged, raw is awesome if you can do it right, but it takes a lot of time and money to give your cats/dogs the proper nutrition that way. My cat is on the best kibbles/canned we can get locally, with additional raw treats almost every night. We basically give her the trimmings/extra from whatever we cook (before it's cooked) in addition to her normal food. My tortoise gets all natural food, I would NEVER even dream of feeding her a premade diet. Nothing but leafy greens, grasses, and flowers for her (with some supplements just to make sure she's getting what she needs). Even down to the fish we make sure that their diets are as species appropriate as possible being a mixed community.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games