Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm
Okay, time for another question x3

It seems the latest version of the owner's list didn't take off for some reason, and has fallen out of date. As has the list of taken cosplays. I'm interested in questing for a cosplay, but I was wondering, how are we supposed to know if that cosplay is taken anymore?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:58 pm
Phail Ninja

I'm not sure if I can be much help, but which one? xDD Sometimes if you just ask in thread, someone will know (since I haven't been in the shop too long).

For sure the ones that are up are taken, but yeah (: I'm not sure how well-updated the current lists are, but ask around! I'm pretty sure people are more than willing to help x3 <3  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:27 pm
I know the Google Doc Owner's List hasn't been updated because Felmino has the password and she left?
Or something like that..

On that note, in regards to the Owner's List, is it possible to go back to Zoho? That list has a search function rather than a drop down bar that you have to search through. It's a lot easier to navigate.

Failing that, with the issue of passwords etc', perhaps an Owner's List in the guild, organised by username with a page for every letter/number (special characters could be ignored and just go with the first letter/number).

It would be a lot easier to update, a lot easier to find and there wouldn't be the hassle with passwords.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 am
LOLTERNATIVE

You have it backwards.

Zoho is the owner's list we no longer have access to because Felmino has all the information needed for us to access it. We can no longer access it with the information we were given, thus we left it and tried Google Docs, which I have no idea what is going on there since that was left for someone else to maintain.

We DID have a guild owner's list, but I think it was too much of a hassle to maintain with all the Soq that currently exist. Plus, those with slower computers might have a hard time waiting for the page to load and all that stuff.

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:01 pm
Have you considered hiring someone else to make a new Zoho one? People seemed to like the system on it a lot. The google docs one is kinda confusing, and the link system doesn't work that well.
Or was the Zoho one paid?

Guild one would make it difficult to track cosplays/domains still, as there would be a lot of data to potentially sift through.

@Heart: I was toying around with a couple of ideas. The first is Kenpachi from Bleach, and others is Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:13 pm
I agree the google docs OL is a little more of a pain than a help. I know a couple people that still have a link to the Zoho one and would rather use that and then scour the arrivals mule rather than have to figure out google docs, the search feature and the links.

It might even be worth just creating an excel spreadsheet and hosting it? Idk, just adding the two cents on google docs.

Whoever maintains it still is doing a great amount of work, thats not to be discounted c:  

Ktns

Lunatic

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm
@Hawaii: I *believe* there is an Ichigo, but it's possible I just saw somebody questing it. I know there are Bleach cosplays, but I don't think I've seen Kenpachi. But! Somebody just got a Bleach cosplay, and it's in their sig..if you see them around the shop they might be able to answer : )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:09 pm
Can we maybe recreate a new Zoho list? I think everyone loved it.

If its paid, well, I'm sure a donation drive could be arranged for people to pitch in a few dollars.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 pm
Looks like Zoho is free c: Here

Not that its been decided just posting for help ^^;; *bows*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:53 pm
ZOHO is only free for certain amount of Gigs/Info

Currently our owner list is more than that sad so we would have to pay.

Though IDK how Sheets work? I assume its more like a spreadsheet like google docs....

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm
I'd be willing to donate to the Zoho list. c:  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 am
A donation drive could be a good idea, it might be worth a shot?  

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:47 am
I just went and checked it out. ZohoSheets is a spreadsheet like you'd find in Excel and it's only free until the beta period is over. It's not a database like the old Zoho list was so it wouldn't actually be an improvement over google docs at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:43 am
So the main problem is that people seem to prefer the database system, but online database systems have to be paid for. The sheet system makes searching much more difficult, but is free.

I looked at some other alternatives, but it seems like all the database ones are paid.  

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:48 am
Or could we do this instead: split the owners list in half based on the first letter of the Soq's name, and then have two owners lists (one from a-l, the other from m-z for example). Then each list would be half the size of the original, so they might qualify for two free zoho creator accounts?

That way, we get the nice layout and handy search function. The only downside is having to repeat the search twice, once on each list, which still seems easier than searching the spread sheet.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff