Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:03 am
I found an alternative: springbase. It seems to be free for the current amount of data.

I did a data import from the zoho list, which looks like this: [x]. The main problem is that you can't search each individual column, and that you can't seem to make the tags section an actual link (and the URLs look quite messy).

EDIT: It's also super stretched out :/ Zoho looks much better.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:43 am

Doesnt really sound like a viable alternative ><

Ktns

Lunatic

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 am
Yeah. I tried fiddling with it, but it didn't seem to be working.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:19 am
Phail Ninja
Have you considered hiring someone else to make a new Zoho one? People seemed to like the system on it a lot. The google docs one is kinda confusing, and the link system doesn't work that well.
Or was the Zoho one paid?

Guild one would make it difficult to track cosplays/domains still, as there would be a lot of data to potentially sift through.

@Heart: I was toying around with a couple of ideas. The first is Kenpachi from Bleach, and others is Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew.

There is an Ichigo but if its the one I'm thinking of she's not a cosplay.

On a different note I have had many discussions with different staff members about this very topic of conversation. I hope that when things settle down that these issues are addressed. I have also commented that I would be willing to donate to having a Zoho list.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

malhith
Vice Captain

Sparkly Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:35 am
Hey guys! (: So, having had someone point this out to me, I came and read it. Like y'all, I prefer Zoho. I'll check to see the prices, and then I will talk to Mind and Samuel to see what they think about possibly switching back to zoho, rather than continuing on with Google Docs.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:01 am
If money is needed for it, maybe Soquili could get its own Kickstarter smile Set a goal of, say... $1,000. Then if it's monthly, you've got a few months worth of fees taken care of smile And then make sure ALL the relevant staff has the password instead of just one person... xd ;;  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:58 am
Hey gang.

I did investigate other databases when we lost Zoho in the first place, to see if there was anything else a)free and b) viable out there. I know people don't like the Google Docs site. It's unwieldy. I know.

However.

There was nothing that I found that could handle what we have, that would incorporate all the functions people wanted, and that was reliably up and maintained for free. Yes, theoretically we could pay for a Zoho account again.

However. (again)

Setting up a Kickstarter requires an Amazon payment account. Which means it has to be tied to, you guessed it, one person. Which means, ultimately, we could end up right back in the same situation we were in before, if we go that route.

Keep talking about it, keep offering solutions. I'd like to know if something's cropped up since the last time I looked.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff