0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:12 am
1c popcorn, popped
1stick butter, melted
salt to taste

pop the popcorn in a pan like in the olden days and put in a paper bag. Melt the butter and drizzle all over the popcorn, salt generously and shake well. The popcorn should be greasy.

Watch a movie so you're not paying attention to how gross the popcorn is and drink with a tall glass of ice water so you can feel good about not having carbonation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:29 am
OR! Put a slice of toast in the toaster... I mean bread in the toaster Well first, make sure you have a cube of butter that is room temperature. This step is very important.... and set the little knobby thingie to the darkness you like. I like mine golden brown. Just depends on how toasty you like your bread really. But then there's this push-down thingie that you push down. You probably got an instruction manual when you bought the toaster, but you probably lost it. It should be the big one that slides down a slot. You can look it up online if you aren't sure. Push it down when you figure out what you're doing. Your bread will disappear into the toaster but that's okay. You just wait and it will pop back up like magic!
It seems like a long time, but you can do something else like color a page in your coloring book or something while you are waiting and when it's done you have toast. Take it out of the toaster and lay it on something clean. Then you get a butter knife and spread butter all over the toast. Lay it on till the cube is gone. Some people like more toast with their butter. Some people like a little honey or jam or cinnamon/sugar on top to sweeten the whole snack. You can experiment till you find out how you like it best. I like mixing ground cinnamon and granulated sugar and sprinkling it on top of the butter, then broiling the whole thing till it bubbles. Watch it carefully though. If you try to color a picture in your coloring book, you might burn it and have to start over. Keep your bread and a spare cube of butter out just in case. Hope this helps!
~
emotion_bandaid  

bandaidd
Crew

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 am
lady leko-chan
I will get to this when I'm in a mind set that can think about food - I'm sure i have something that can work... actually I do... can you do coconut oil?
Honestly, coconut oil would be ideal, but I'm afraid I don't have a choice in the oil that's used. I believe it's actually soybean oil {probably one of the nastiest tasting oils there is} and I can't change that.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:05 pm
http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/apple-snackin-cake-recipe.htm

his other recipes are mostly meat, but u can find some vegi style recipes for your hearts content 3nodding  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 pm
The cake is an interesting recipe, but I'm afraid is too large for what I need.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:53 pm
I think he does a recipes ment for 6+ at times for some recipes, Since he is in a family of 6.
so just cut it in half with a smaller pan and should be all good then.
Also helps at times to watch his little videos as they can be a big help  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:52 pm
rofl Popcorn and Toast... Oy *Wipes a tear away*

Have you tried AllRecipes.Com ~ favorite site, it will calculate ingredients for any recipe on there if you say how many servings, halves them, doubles them... sweet.

Thinks my daughter left some of her vegetarian cookbooks here when she went off to grad school, might be something in one of those.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:57 pm
Tis some in her "Jump Up & Kiss Me, Spicy Vegetarian Cooking" book. You could make Serrano Butter, Chipotle-Tequila Butter, Curry Butter or Habanero Butter ~ Apparently some of these can go on Toast... 4laugh Or cooked veggies

Maybe over corn on the cob - those could be cut to snack size, or baked potatoes, also snack size.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Old Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash