Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 pm
Alessa sat behind her desk, Toby's application form in front of her. His list of qualifications had caught her attention first, and then his assertion of being separated from his family. Business savvy and few ties, both excellent things to have in a new fledgeling. She was well-prepared for him, and well ready to fill in the empty spaces she felt were in his form. Her list of prepared questions was next to his form, but she would be sincerely surprised if they stuck to that list.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:00 pm
Toby walked in quietly, if one wasn't watching they wouldn't have known he had entered. He stood in front of the desk for a moment, thinking about his appearance since he had changed the type of cleaning fluid for his vest and tie. He ran over the rules for an interview in his head, things he should and should not do. He took another step forwards towards the desk and took a seat, folding his hands on top of each other in his lap. He was ready for any questions that would come up. He sat patiently, the silence was a bit unnerving but he would get used to it if needed.  

Sara Draconia

Crew

Wheezing Loiterer

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Alessa gave a polite smile and nod to Toby, taking a sip from a glass of thick, red liquid sitting on her desk. She had turned on the Majesty, rendering her a figure of absolute power and command. A little test within a test, to see if he could handle her Presence. If not, well, that would be that.

"Toby Phantom, yes? You mentioned working in a family business before. Tell me a bit about that."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:57 pm
Toby smiled back and nodded, he sat up a bit while keeping his perfect posture. He enjoyed talking about how he took over his father's buiness and gutted it. "Well, it wasn't much of a buisness before I took it over. My father believed that he could run a buisness Laissez-faire, let's just say it didn't end well. I bought him out and turned his suit shop into a proper store. To this day I can't believe the condition he let it sink to. There were suits that had seams that would pop the second they were taken off of the rack." He took a small break and switched the position of his hands.

"The first thing I did was completely destroy those sad examples of buisness attire, it was quite nice to see it all empty. I turned the whole place into a clothing shop with a bar in the back for those who need a little alcohol in order to buy something. I ran it alone for awhile until I met a few others who seemed capable enough, they mainly did the measuring and small tailoring projects. I never allowed them to take care of my big ticket clients though, I couldn't allow any mistakes with their attire since they were extremely perticular with it." He took another small break to adjust his tie since it was slightly off, by a few milimeters.

"I did have to deal with my fair share of well... inebriated clients. If they insisted on falling over they had no reason to remain in my store. I politely asked them to leave, if that didn't work I would dirty my hands a bit if I needed to forceably remove them. My biggest problem was a Howlae, he was quite the contender when drunk. He cost me quite a few hours of reorganizing the bank books after sliding across my desk. That was the last time I let him back into my shop. You can insult my clothing or appearance but when you insult my meticulis records, you should prepare to get a fist to your face." He spoke with a very buisness-like air and was very relaxed, he enjoyed talking of his buiness decisions and his takeover of the family buisness.

He leaned foward a bit more and smiled for a moment. "I enjoyed the look on my father's face, he brings me shame and I have been trying to get rid of that shame ever since I could talk." He leaned back with a sick look on his face as he thought of his father. "I'm sorry if your company does not approve of those who would rather cut all ties to a family but, I would love to cut my family out of any picture relating to my work or future." He sat back in his seat quietly, waiting to see if anymore questions to be asked.

Sara Draconia

Crew

Wheezing Loiterer

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:15 pm
Alessa simply could not hide her amusement at his story. A small grin started, and grew wider and wider as he talked. She made sure to keep it close-lipped, no reason to show off her fangs, but she was definitely very, very entertained by his story. She reached over and took a sip from her glass, slowly burying her sadistic glee.

"That was actually going to be my next question," Alessa said. "Due to certain...dealings we make, we ask that our employees cut most ties with family or friends before coming to work with us. but if you are prepared to do so already, clearly no more needs to be said of it. Though I must ask, what is so terrible about your father?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:30 pm
Toby pondered for a moment, there were many things he wanted to say about his father. None of them were anywhere near plesant. He did smile over the fact he indeed have to cut his tie to Witty. After a moment he decided on something simple as an answer. "To put it simply, my father is useless." There was a heavy weight and emphasis on the word useless as he said it, it embodied everything he hated and wanted to get rid of in the world. If there wasn't a use for anything why should it exist he thought. There was a distinct look of disgust on his face for a moment as he thought of his father who lived in a blind ignorance of the world outside his home.

"I do like the way things work in this company." He settled back down to his original position, with his hands folded neatly.

Sara Draconia

Crew

Wheezing Loiterer

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:37 pm
Alessa raised her eyebrows. What a way to describe ones' parent. The obvious contempt Toby felt for his father practically washed over her. It was...impressive, and if it made him more eager to cut ties with his mortal life, all the better.

"One more question, if you please. What do you plan to do with your business if you come to work for us? as I said,w e prefer you cut all ties to your life before." For good reason.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:59 pm
"I can easily pass it down to an apprentice of mine, although many of my employees were dull, there was one who had some promise. I can set up things with little problems. I don't see any problems with leaving my old buisness behind for a better opportunity." He smiled again, he was really liking the sound of things so far.  

Sara Draconia

Crew

Wheezing Loiterer

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:18 pm
"Excellent." Alessa said. "One more question. We require the utmost discretion in our dealings. Do you consider yourself capable of such?" She asked. She would be watching him carefully for any sign that he was lying.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:22 pm
"I have no problems with discretion, how else would I have kept my family out of my life?" He had indeed kept his family in the dark about every aspect of his life, even his goals and personality were unknown to them.  

Sara Draconia

Crew

Wheezing Loiterer

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:43 pm
"Well." Alessa stood, and held out a hand for him to shake. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Phantom. You will receive a call in a few days if we need you to return for a second interview." She said. She was wearing a smile. So far, every candidate she had picked had impressed her face to face as much as, or more than, in applications.  
◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games