Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
is god and jesus okay w/ abortion???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pissing Acid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:03 pm
: not sure  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:13 pm
In our society it is easier to get an abortion than it is getting help for your sick child. It seems to me like that if you are sick you are some how worth less.
I just recently read a very upsetting article a mother wrote in the newspaper. How impossible it was for her to get understanding from the medical professionals that she wanted to give birth to a child that would die soon after birth. All she got from them was mean comments like: "It is only a vegetable."
That is not the case with God. In his eyes, we all have worth.

The Bible does teach that life begins at conception. Every culture's view of when human life begins changes as society's values, moral standards, and knowledge about the process of embryonic development change. Prior to the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision that allowed abortion on demand, developing embryos were considered unborn persons. Now, even a fetus that could survive on its own outside its mother's womb could be aborted, under certain medical circumstances. This demonstrates that we do not consider an unborn child to be a true human being.

Science tells us that human life begins at the time of conception. From the moment fertilization takes place, the child's genetic makeup is already complete. Its gender has already been determined, along with its height and hair, eye and skin color. The only thing the embryo needs to become a fully-functioning being is the time to grow and develop.

More importantly, God reveals to us in His Word that not only does life begin at conception, but He knows who we are even before then (Jeremiah 1:5). King David said this about God's role in our conception: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb . . . your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:13; 16).

Society continually seeks to devalue the lives of the unborn, creating its own definitions of humanity based on distorted views of morality. But the undeniable fact is that life begins at creation, and a human is created as soon as he or she is conceived. God is present at our creation; He is, in fact, our Creator. Our value as human beings created in His image is conceived even before we are.

got questions.org  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Pissing Acid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:15 pm
Garland-Green
In our society it is easier to get an abortion than it is getting help for your sick child. It seems to me like that if you are sick you are some how worth less.
I just recently read a very upsetting article a mother wrote in the newspaper. How impossible it was for her to get understanding from the medical professionals that she wanted to give birth to a child that would die soon after birth. All she got from them was mean comments like: "It is only a vegetable."
That is not the case with God. In his eyes, we all have worth.

The Bible does teach that life begins at conception. Every culture's view of when human life begins changes as society's values, moral standards, and knowledge about the process of embryonic development change. Prior to the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision that allowed abortion on demand, developing embryos were considered unborn persons. Now, even a fetus that could survive on its own outside its mother's womb could be aborted, under certain medical circumstances. This demonstrates that we do not consider an unborn child to be a true human being.

Science tells us that human life begins at the time of conception. From the moment fertilization takes place, the child's genetic makeup is already complete. Its gender has already been determined, along with its height and hair, eye and skin color. The only thing the embryo needs to become a fully-functioning being is the time to grow and develop.

More importantly, God reveals to us in His Word that not only does life begin at conception, but He knows who we are even before then (Jeremiah 1:5). King David said this about God's role in our conception: "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb . . . your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:13; 16).

Society continually seeks to devalue the lives of the unborn, creating its own definitions of humanity based on distorted views of morality. But the undeniable fact is that life begins at creation, and a human is created as soon as he or she is conceived. God is present at our creation; He is, in fact, our Creator. Our value as human beings created in His image is conceived even before we are.

got questions.org
tl;dr is it okay or not???? sad  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 pm
Read and it will be self evident. smile Short reply: it is not ok.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:25 pm
I don't believe that under any circumstance is it okay for someone to abort a child. It doesn't matter whether it was a pregnancy due to premarital sex, cheating on one's spouse, being raped, because of the child's gender, because they will be born with a life time disability, or because the parent(s) won't be able to afford to care for the child, because of ectopic pregnancy, etc. Children are innocent and shouldn't be killed simply because the mother makes a choice not to keep her child or is forced into doing so by a family member or a biological father. Children are innocent and God made each child unique and with a purpose:

Psalm 129:13-14 NIV:

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

*I believe that everyone in this world has a purpose and fulfill the word of God and to accept the calling He has in our lives. Every child deserves a chance at life and killing the helpless doesn't solve problems because abortion is killing those who are helpless and innocent. It may be legal, but it isn't morally correct in God's eyes to kill the innocent and the helpless. There is also a better alternative option to have the baby and to give the baby to an adoptive family if needed. The option is way better than abortion, and in turn you can bless someone else who is unable to have a child or simply wants to adopt to help someone else out. There's nothing more special than a bond between mother and child.

Amos 1:13 - 14 NIV:

This is what the LORD says:

“For three sins of Ammon,
even for four, I will not relent.
Because he ripped open the pregnant women of Gilead
in order to extend his borders,
I will set fire to the walls of Rabbah
that will consume her fortresses
amid war cries on the day of battle,
amid violent winds on a stormy day.

*In this verse, it's possible the context means that the pregnant women were killed, or even possible the children ripped from them. Either way, they were condemned for murder. There is probably a good reason that he mentioned "pregnant women" and not just "women". However, what happened to the women and their unborn children was clearly against God's will.

Psalm 127:3 KJV:

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

*This shows that children are a true blessing. I chose the KJV for the reason that the wording seems more detailed, meaningful, and accurate. Considering children are a blessing from God, if we killed a blessing, I imagine there would be consequences for it because there was also life with that blessing.

Psalm 106:35 - 38 NIV:

but they mingled with the nations
and adopted their customs.
They worshiped their idols,
which became a snare to them.
They sacrificed their sons
and their daughters to demons.
They shed innocent blood,
the blood of their sons and daughters,
whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan,
and the land was desecrated by their blood.

*If God wouldn't want us to sacrifice innocent children then I don't see why God would let the thought of abortion pass as "okay". God is against killing the innocent. When a woman is pregnant, she has a child, so if how some people say there are "shapeless/unformed cells" in her body and it's okay to abort then she isn't really called "pregnant" considering the definition of pregnant is: "having a child or other offspring developing in the body; with child or young, as woman or female mammal." other definitions describe the word meaning "highly significant" or "of great importance".  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:20 pm
I agree with them, I think having an abortion is wrong. I won't further explain or anything since all that was said above explains perfectly! I remember in middle school, there was a cartoon strip thing in the newspaper, and it was a guy yelling at God, he said: "God, why haven't you sent someone to find the cure for cancer yet?", then God replied "I have, but you aborted them."  

arika-toteshi-ka

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Tycoon 200
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items