Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
wat is ester for?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pissing Acid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:10 pm
what is ester for??why did jesus want us to hide eggs on his special day? question  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:19 pm
Eggs is more of a pagan tradition. It really has nothing to do with Christianity, but has been adopted as a symbol of life, and ever lasting life.

Read more about it here:
http://homecooking.about.com/od/foodhistory/a/easteregghistry.htm

Easter is to remind us of the sacrifice Jesus did for us on the cross,
and his Resurrection

1 Corinthians 15:17
And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Pissing Acid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:25 pm
Garland-Green
Eggs is more of a pagan tradition. It really has nothing to do with Christianity, but has been adopted as a symbol of life, and ever lasting life.

Read more about it here:

and his Resurrection

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.
am i going 2 hell if i celebrate easter  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:30 pm
I agree with Garland. The celebration on Easter with candy, eggs, and bunnies is more of a Pagan tradition.

As believers, what everyone calls "Easter Sunday" should be used to remember Jesus Christ and the sacrifice he paid for us and what happened on that day - his resurrection. Jesus was brutally beaten, spat on, mocked by others, wore that crown of thorns, and was crucified. His blood was innocent and pure, and as he carried all that pain and the weight of that cross - he was carrying the sins of the world. He died in a brutal manner even though he was innocent of everything. He loved everyone in this world so much that he laid down his life. Then, he rose again and came back. smile  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:32 pm
Trout mask replica
Garland-Green

Read more about it here:

and his Resurrection

No.

Romans 14:5
One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:34 pm
Trout mask replica
Garland-Green

Read more about it here:

and his Resurrection

I wouldn't go as far as to say that you are going to Hell if you celebrate Easter.

Some churches do it as a fun activity and I don't necessarily agree, but that doesn't mean it's wrong if done in a different way. Some churches have it so where it revolves around using the Easter egg hunt and activities more revolved around Jesus Christ, which is fine because it keeps your mind directed on what the day should be about. ^_^

I don't participate in it anymore. I remember my parents would grab some candy and have an Easter egg hunt for us, but as a child - that was more important than the true purpose of that day in my mind because candy was something I could have right then and right there.

I'm afraid that I may make a brother or sister in Christ fall if I participate in that, but perhaps later in life there will be a time where I may participate if it is Jesus Christ centered =]  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:35 pm
Garland-Green
Trout mask replica
Garland-Green

Read more about it here:

and his Resurrection

No.

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

Wow, I haven't heard that verse before smile that's an interesting one. Thanks for posting it ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:03 pm
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Trout mask replica
Garland-Green

Read more about it here:

and his Resurrection

No.

Wow, I haven't heard that verse before smile that's an interesting one. Thanks for posting it ^_^

My pleasure. =) Romans is generally really good.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:04 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Trout mask replica
Garland-Green

Read more about it here:

and his Resurrection

No.

My pleasure. =) Romans is generally really good.

So I've heard smile can't wait to get to it ^_^  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff