Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
how can i trust what bible says

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pissing Acid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:58 pm
how  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:12 pm
To have trust is to have faith in God's word - The Holy Bible.

Faith is:

Hebrews 11:1 NIV:

Now faith is being sure in what we hope for and certain about what we do not see.

*When we have faith - we can believe in things that we can't see but know aren't there. As humans, we know we need air to breathe, but we can't necessarily see it. Air keeps our bodies functioning and we know it's there even though we can't see it smile

I believe in God's word because I know that God is truly there for me. God and Jesus Christ are the friends that won't give up on you. You can lay on Them your every care and ask for forgiveness and trust in Them. God and Jesus Christ truly love us. Jesus Christ loved us so much that he died for us before we were even born. He didn't know us and we are imperfect as people and we are still worthy of God's mercy and his grace as long as we believe in Him! We can be made perfect through God and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is the comforter that dwells in the believers.:

John 3:16 - 17 NIV:

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

1 John 4:9 - 12 NIV:

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

*Now, I can't force you to believe or force you to trust in God. That is something that God can help you with and as a person you need to read the Bible, study it, and truly determine where you stand with it.

I apologize that I can't explain this better. It's a rather complex thing and I don't know if I'm the one that can truly give you an answer on this. Only God and yourself can change you around to truly trust in the Bible.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:14 pm
Eyewitnesses willing to die for what they saw?
No one is willing to die for something they know is a lie.
The apostles saw Jesus die, and His Resurrection, and when facing
the choice between renouncing what they believe and death -
they chose death. Horrible deaths.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 pm
I have to agree with both of them.

But it's not only for stories and life lessons, but it also holds some great truths as well as anwers for questions you may have.

I know it's not the best explainations, but of course, thats what I basically got taught, and would like to pass that onto you.  

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:40 pm
Can I Trust the Bible?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:21 am
Whether you trust the Bible or not is completely up to you. No one can make you believe what God's Word says, but no one is keeping you from believing either. I personally trust every single part of God's Word, if you look at Creation and take into effect every single detail, it's hard to NOT believe in a Creator. Just take in mind though, throughout the past 2000 years, not a SINGLE error has been found in the Holy Bible. It actually presented truth when nobody at the time was even close to discovering it.
Example: "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth..." (Isaiah 40:22,NIV). There was no word for "sphere" in the hebrew language, so circle means practically the same thing. At one time or another, the Bible has always proven to be true. But whether you trust the Bible or not is completely up to you.

-Hideo Fujii  

jfujii

Hygienic Millionaire

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:09 pm
jfujii
Whether you trust the Bible or not is completely up to you. No one can make you believe what God's Word says, but no one is keeping you from believing either. I personally trust every single part of God's Word, if you look at Creation and take into effect every single detail, it's hard to NOT believe in a Creator. Just take in mind though, throughout the past 2000 years, not a SINGLE error has been found in the Holy Bible. It actually presented truth when nobody at the time was even close to discovering it.
Example: "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth..." (Isaiah 40:22,NIV). There was no word for "sphere" in the hebrew language, so circle means practically the same thing. At one time or another, the Bible has always proven to be true. But whether you trust the Bible or not is completely up to you.

-Hideo Fujii

I think this was very well put.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:04 am
Garland-Green

true. millions of christians prefer to die for Christ's sake but this doesn't mean that when there are many people who died for something then that thing is true... maybe that would be true only according to them. because if we look also on other religion like muslim. millions of muslim also prefer to die for their allah's sake... so which one is true?  

lgnacio Egnatius

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 am
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green

true. millions of christians prefer to die for Christ's sake but this doesn't mean that when there are many people who died for something then that thing is true... maybe that would be true only according to them. because if we look also on other religion like muslim. millions of muslim also prefer to die for their allah's sake... so which one is true?
That is true. But unlike the Koran the Bible, though wholehearted attempts still stands as a book without contradictions. I would say it is up to you here what you chose to believe. Compare the believers. The fruits of their beliefs. One is willing to die for their belief, unwilling to recant the name of Jesus even unto death. Unwilling to take a life for what they believe. The other willing to kill anyone who offends, or does not commit to Allah. To blow themselves up to be a martyr (taking lives with them) for their god. The actions of a believer is important (though not always to be trusted) when evaluating where they stand. Compare how the message differs from religion to religion. Compare one god the the Other.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:59 am
Garland-Green
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green

The other willing to kill anyone who offends, or does not commit to Allah. To blow themselves up to be a martyr (taking lives with them) for their god.

for real?? and yes, the suicide bombers. they said when they commit that, on the other world they will be with 10 virgins or something. haha. seems like i can't agree with you more. thank you for answering one of my unanswered questions. XDD i haven't studied muslim so i only have a little idea about it... i even haven't finished reading the bible because of my lack of dedication to it.. yes. my faith is kinda kindling less nowadays i dunno why..and that's what im trying to figure out... rekindling it by being with my fellow brothers in Christ though it would take me to the other side of the world.. thanks again. XD  

lgnacio Egnatius

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 am
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green

The other willing to kill anyone who offends, or does not commit to Allah. To blow themselves up to be a martyr (taking lives with them) for their god.

for real?? and yes, the suicide bombers. they said when they commit that, on the other world they will be with 10 virgins or something. haha. seems like i can't agree with you more. thank you for answering one of my unanswered questions. XDD i haven't studied muslim so i only have a little idea about it... i even haven't finished reading the bible because of my lack of dedication to it.. yes. my faith is kinda kindling less nowadays i dunno why..and that's what im trying to figure out... rekindling it by being with my fellow brothers in Christ though it would take me to the other side of the world.. thanks again. XD

My pleasure brother! Where are you from on this world? I am from Norway myself. Can I suggest something? Do you have access to a computer everyday? If you have that, and have an email an online Bible study might help you. It did me. I had Bible verses sent to me everyday for a year until I had completed reading it. Reading it will more then likely help you out.
It is pretty sad about the Muslims. They are terribly deceived, and their religions denies the deity of Christ. They think Jesus is just a prophet.
The only name given us through which we can be saved is Jesus.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:46 am
Garland-Green
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green

My pleasure brother! Where are you from on this world? I am from Norway myself. Can I suggest something? Do you have access to a computer everyday? If you have that, and have an email an online Bible study might help you. It did me. I had Bible verses sent to me everyday for a year until I had completed reading it. Reading it will more then likely help you out.
It is pretty sad about the Muslims. They are terribly deceived, and their religions denies the deity of Christ. They think Jesus is just a prophet.

Philippines. XD yes. i have my laptop and my internet.. problem is im not fond of opening my email.. i changed soo many email accounts already because they expire if you did not open it for out 2 to 3 months i think. XD i have my bible with me and i have this rule to read 1 chapter a day but last sunday, i left my bible at home. so i havent read it for 5 days already.. im in 1 corinthians chapter 6 i think. XDD but i have so many debts of chapters to read because School stuff is really eating my entire life nowadays. im taking 8 major subjects and 2 minors and some other responsibilities that keeps me busy like president of the org for example..

but as they said, if you dont want, there's always a reason..
if you want, there's always a way...

and i guess since my faith is kindling less (on my other post. XD) then that's the reason why i find it hard to find quality time with God. and yes it bothers me that my faith is kindling less... and that i need to find ways to rekindle my faith and have the courage to read the bible...

(way back before, i read the bible before i sleep because when it is the greatest sleeping pill ever. but when i started to read it with understanding, i came to realize how important it is. XDD)

going back. so i have to deceive meself to find ways to get back to God in any way. and the best way to deceive meself is to show me things that i like. like playing gaia. and i thank God for gaia because though there are many anti Christ here, there are still few people like you who i can ask for a little fire to keep my faith burning and i thank you for your time. XD

lgnacio Egnatius

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:16 am
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green
Ignacio Egnatius
Garland-Green

Philippines. XD yes. i have my laptop and my internet.. problem is im not fond of opening my email.. i changed soo many email accounts already because they expire if you did not open it for out 2 to 3 months i think. XD i have my bible with me and i have this rule to read 1 chapter a day but last sunday, i left my bible at home. so i havent read it for 5 days already.. im in 1 corinthians chapter 6 i think. XDD but i have so many debts of chapters to read because School stuff is really eating my entire life nowadays. im taking 8 major subjects and 2 minors and some other responsibilities that keeps me busy like president of the org for example..

but as they said, if you dont want, there's always a reason..
if you want, there's always a way...

and i guess since my faith is kindling less (on my other post. XD) then that's the reason why i find it hard to find quality time with God. and yes it bothers me that my faith is kindling less... and that i need to find ways to rekindle my faith and have the courage to read the bible...

(way back before, i read the bible before i sleep because when it is the greatest sleeping pill ever. but when i started to read it with understanding, i came to realize how important it is. XDD)

going back. so i have to deceive meself to find ways to get back to God in any way. and the best way to deceive meself is to show me things that i like. like playing gaia. and i thank God for gaia because though there are many anti Christ here, there are still few people like you who i can ask for a little fire to keep my faith burning and i thank you for your time. XD
I am super glad you decided to join us! It is the least I can do for a fellow believer! As believers we should try to help other believers when we can. I have two adopted siblings from India. You are right. There are a lot of directly hostile people out there, and there are people who want you to fall. They want you to stop believing in what you believe because it conflicts with what they believe and it makes them angry, because if you are right they are wrong, and the fact that you are here could indicate that they are wrong.

Wow! No wonder you have so little time reading! Reading before bed time seems like a great idea though. Read for like 30 min ever day. If you feel tired then for example get up 30 min earlier to read. Just a suggestion. You don't have to. ^_^ Do you have a gmail account? I don't think those expire...
I know how you feel though. It is hard finding time. Just keeping my guild running here can be troublesome some days, and I am not studying. You just have to realize you will feel better reading it. I didn't read it when I first became a Christian. It took me years before I opened it to read it. I felt guilty that whole time because I knew it would be of great help if I knew what was in it,
and I felt as if I was neglecting God.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff