No
61%
 61%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 68

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:34 am
Zee Oddwyn
What if there was a thread for Low Luck Colorist Choice thread, just like there's a Master Colorist Choice thread? It would give a place for serious couples to track their entries, and a place for colorists to draw from a ready pool. Considering the effort put in to entering all those breeding chances, I'd say it wouldn't be unjust to let these couples have their own thread apart from the other thread.

I like this idea *thumbsup*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:50 pm
Tara de Draiocht
Zee Oddwyn
What if there was a thread for Low Luck Colorist Choice thread, just like there's a Master Colorist Choice thread? It would give a place for serious couples to track their entries, and a place for colorists to draw from a ready pool. Considering the effort put in to entering all those breeding chances, I'd say it wouldn't be unjust to let these couples have their own thread apart from the other thread.

I like this idea *thumbsup*

Agreed, I had asked about making one back when I was keeping a private list.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 am
I don't see why there needs to be a separate listing just for low luck couples. Low Luck is something listed on the forms and when a colorist wants to choose a LL pairing they can seek those out through the MCCL.
Also I personally don't want to have to worry about updating info on 2 different threads each month; its hard enough remembering to update the month and newest breeding attempts for the MCCL. For perspective both of the couples I'm currently entering are LL at this point.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 am
I was in the feedback forums doing something else when this caught my eye... Especially as I'm one of the ones on th LL list.

Just to clarify I have NEVER been rolled in a breeding, all my couples that have tried for breeding slots have been LL and the baskets I have had were either gifted, CC'd or SC's.... I currently have 2 couples that have been trying regulaly (with a small break for halloween cause I had another 2 couples that would have been awesome with halloweeny twistedness) One couple will have bee trying for 2 years come Feb, the oter is just over a year now I believe... I'm not sure where or if they have missed some along the way, if so it wasn't deliberate or was a breedign they couldn't enter for whatever reason.... Yeah not information you might care about but it gives you the perspective of where I'm sitting and viewing this from.

That all said, I don't think there is anything wrong with the system, it works fine. Its just that there are less breedings in general the last couple of years. ... The only real difference is that there hasn't been a LL purge lately that usually happens when there are a lot of couples.

I think a CCLL thread is not a bad idea, but its just another thread that Reeve has to maintain in the end... perhaps instead on the front page of the MCCL have a list with links to the LL couples listed?

Just a thpught.. and no the system is fine, its jsut a matter of patience, and trust me it really does seem like a long wait but in the end its worth it.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:59 pm
Instead of having a list to maintain.

Why not have the people with the LL breedings post their OWN couples in the thread and have them (or the colourists) cross out their couples when they have won a breeding? It would be our job to inform the other owner of the LL couple so there wouldn't be any double posts.

It works for Shadows of Africa, especially when it comes to breedings and the demand is the same.

@Faid- I hear you on the 2 year wait. Yeah.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:35 am
My LL couple is also coming up on two years, but realistically, there have only been 15 regular breeding raffles open since last year, and 2 LL only breeding raffles (and both of those were last February). So while it's a long calendar time, it's not really that many tries.

And by the way, none of my couples have been CC'd, and this is my first pair to make it as LL (my last couple had 19 tries when I was rolled in Mind's credit raffle). I mean really, it just comes down to LUCK. It feels like forever, but again, with the amount of entries each raffle, not being rolled 15 times is not statistically that bad.

Plus, it does feel like when colorists go though and CC breedings, they pick at least one LL couple. It does feel like there is a conscious effort to trim the list down (and it seems the "super LL" ones are the ones that get picked, which is awesome). But that said, I would like to see another LL only raffle.

Edit: And looking at DD's November Breedings (which was the last one to contain a LL slot, and the second to last breeding we had), the LL list was at 21, and and full list was at 143. That means that only a little bit under 15% of Soq being entered are LL. Again, that's statistically not that bad given the size of the shop.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 am
I was thinking about this last night, and decided to go through the MCCL list just to check it out. It seemed that there were around 10-12 couples on the list total that were marked as LL, and only 7-8 with the month correctly updated

By that count, people either don't have them in the MCCL, or aren't updating the LL status on the MCCL.

With only 10-12 couples it would be more work than necessary to start a new thread/list. If you have a couple at LL you should make sure they are posted in the thread, because as someone said above when CCing pairs, there are colorists that pay special attention to LL : )  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:46 am
Since there are only a handful of LL couples we could, in theory, just have one month be nothing but LL just to knock them all (if not most of them) out? 8D;

Even if 2 colorists hold slots it would still range between 6 - 20 couples. (1 colorist ranging from 3-10) >_>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:08 am
Mobster Goose
Since there are only a handful of LL couples we could, in theory, just have one month be nothing but LL just to knock them all (if not most of them) out? 8D;

Even if 2 colorists hold slots it would still range between 6 - 20 couples. (1 colorist ranging from 3-10) >_>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I like your math... and Im stealing your pennies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 pm
Hey Guys!
I talked to Mind about this and am going to do something from now on to help a little bit. Rather than having a LL MCCL list, I am going to volunteer to mark on the front page of the MCCL list which posts have LL ponies in it.

So, if you have LL ponies in your post you may send me a PM, and I will put this info on pg 1 of the thread. When they are no longer LL, or you remove them, you will need to send me another PM with that info. I will not be going through the thread every month to check for LL status XD. This will make it easier for colorists to find LL ponies if they chose to look for that.  

slimycrow

Original Codger

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:20 pm
I have an idea for LL... it would be harder to keep track of on the individual level but... hear me out. It's an idea, at least

What if LL was tracked by slots instead of raffle? For example... if there's a breeding raffle where, say, 10 couples are pulled - that's considered just as "low luck" as a raffle where two winners are pulled.

I think its taking LL longer to achieve because there are more BIG breeding events with multiple colorists, instead of several colorists doing multiple raffles.

So, in theory, you could track your couples by the number of "missed opportunities" instead of just an all-or-none raffle. So in a raffle where there was, for example, a LL slot, an RP slot, and two open slots - you could get up to 4 "ticks" on your LL counter. If you were only eligible for 3 of those slots (RP + 2 open), then that would be 3 "ticks" on your LL counter.

I'm medicated, so maybe this is overly complicated - but I have noticed a trend to fewer, but bigger, breeding events. This may be a way to more accurately track the "luck" factor.

The LL counter would need to be raised, obviously, to something more like... 50, than 20.

/ramble

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:26 pm
i think it would be neat for low luck couples (the minimum still being 20) to possibly get extra tickets with the worse luck they have in low luck slots. Maybe 1 extra ticket for each additional 5 tries

Like -

person A has 20 tries - they get the regular 1 ticket in low luck slots
person B has 30 tries - they get the normal 1 ticket PLUS 2 extra tickets for the beyond LL tries they have (10 over the required 20 all together)

I'm not sure of the fairness of it - but I think most people who have low luck couples would view it as fair. I know I always get a really happy feeling when I see a couple that has been trying for YEARS finally get their slot ^_^

This would only go for low luck slots - not normal ones.

Just a suggestion ^_^  

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:48 pm
I like the idea of anything that lets those that have been trying for a long time have a better chance of winning, however LL slots aren't an overly common thing anyway at the moment, and while having a super LL would be good for those that have over 30 or 40 tries would be nice I don't think it would be an issue at all if there was a regular set of LL slots.

I'm not sure on the actual amount now as with every breeding there's inevitably more but DD's last breeding that took 2 LL slots had 21 LL couples (I believe) Its not a huge number and if a few more took 2 LL slots it would shrink easily.

In the end it comes down to what the staff want to do, more help for LL couples would be good, however if the shop gets back into a normal running routine will it be needed?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 am
Personally I think the fact that the shop even has LL slots is enough.
Just sayin.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Laroawan

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:51 am
As someone who has had a couple make it to 40+ LL attempts I like the idea of having extra tickets for couples who have been on the LL list for longer.

Suggestion: What if couples got a point towards their LL count for each colorist in a breeding. For example, the recent Valentine cupid breeding had 3 colorists involved but because it was in one breeding thread it only counted as 1 attempt towards the LL count. There have been other mass breedings like this in the past.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff