Cowboy in rehab (video update)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:35 pm
Yeah, I didn't wana jinx it by mentioning anything, but, it's been a while now that Cowboy has shown some very noticeable improvement. He had a really bad flare up with his arthritis almost two months ago and it took over a month to get him to stop limping. I ended up adding GLM powder to his supplements and upped his dose of adequan to every week. Also I've been really trying to get him a walk around the block every day and do his exercises every second day. Some days that involves guilt tripping my mother all morning.

We're also doing UWTM once a week. What's cool about that is that since Im doing my stage there, I get to hop in the tank with him. Got my parents to bring him in for his appointment so he wouldn't have to stay in the kennel at all and Dad sort of filmed it. Well, he filmed the tank filling up and only a few seconds of him exercising lol, but here he is.

So now it's a matter of slowly conditioning and working up to letting him run again. Which is almost impossible cause my brother just won't accept anything I tell him and throws the ball for him in the back yard. Essentially risking undoing everything I'm spending ALL my money on. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:23 pm
Awww, how cute!!

He's like "I just want a drink, mom! D=" rofl And then he's like "Oh look, its dad! =D *turns around*"

I love how he waddles until he gets into it whee Glad he's doing better smile And I'm sure it helps him a lot that you get to do it with him now, too 3nodding

*side note* You liked one of pictures on facebook. I was gunna send you a friend request, but I didn't want to feel like a creeper LOL I'm friends with Nilla on there. I think I liked a picture of Cowboy in front of PetSmart a while ago....  

Akari_32

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:49 pm
Akari_32
Awww, how cute!!

He's like "I just want a drink, mom! D=" rofl And then he's like "Oh look, its dad! =D *turns around*"

I love how he waddles until he gets into it whee Glad he's doing better smile And I'm sure it helps him a lot that you get to do it with him now, too 3nodding

*side note* You liked one of pictures on facebook. I was gunna send you a friend request, but I didn't want to feel like a creeper LOL I'm friends with Nilla on there. I think I liked a picture of Cowboy in front of PetSmart a while ago....

Ya, he actually drank prior, and I'm trying NOT to let him by feeding him liver till he's moving too much to do so, cause it is chlorinated after all. Once the speed goes up you can tell he gets super focused. And yes, it seems to help a GREAT deal me being in there with him. He's less stressed out for sure. He's so great at it now, he just goes right in the tank and waits for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:14 pm
Aaah! You guys are soooo cute in that video. I bet it helps Cowboy some to have his Mommy be the one doing the therapy now instead of a strange doctor.

And yeah, Akari, is on my FB friend's list, since we lived in FL semi-close by and trusted each other with our personal info when she sent me fish 0.0

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 pm
Vanilla eXee
Aaah! You guys are soooo cute in that video. I bet it helps Cowboy some to have his Mommy be the one doing the therapy now instead of a strange doctor.

And yeah, Akari, is on my FB friend's list, since we lived in FL semi-close by and trusted each other with our personal info when she sent me fish 0.0

Totally friending you lol. Well he loovveess Stephanie, but of course he'd rather work for mom  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:11 pm
Haha, have at Gabby.

Nilla, I'm mad at you for leaving me! XD  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:18 pm
Akari_32
Haha, have at Gabby.

I'm mad at me for leaving FL without visiting you ;-;  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 pm
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32
Haha, have at Gabby.

I'm mad at me for leaving FL without visiting you ;-;

You better be >=( LOL heart  

Akari_32

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:18 pm
About 1-2yrs till I come visit lol. At least one, then as soon as I'm certified I'm heading up for my CRI  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games