Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
Judgment Is Coming

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:51 am
"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:12)

There is only one thing that is absolutely sure to happen to every person--everyone will have to face God some day. Not even "death and taxes" are certain for every one, but meeting God for an accounting of one's life is certain!

Therefore, as the prophet Amos warned some 2,500 years ago: "Prepare to meet thy God, O Israel" (Amos 4:12). "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).

To the Christian believer, of course, there is no need to fear hell, for there is "now no condemnation |that is, 'judgment'| to them which are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). The Lord Jesus has paid for our sins and purchased our redemption with His shed blood. He "was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification" (Romans 4:25).

Nevertheless, we as Christians still "must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ" (2 Corinthians 5:10), where "the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide . . . he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire" (1 Corinthians 3:13-15).

Those who die in unbelief, however, not having trusted Christ as their Savior, will face a different meeting with God. The apostle John describes the awesome scene as he saw it in his prophecy. "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works" (Revelation 20:12). But no one can ever be saved by his works (Ephesians 2:9). Therefore, "whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15). HMM

With thanks to
Icr.org  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:10 am
The judgement is a bit closer every single hour.

It's a comfort to know about salvation and to accept it. I only wish everyone could be saved and sadly, that isn't possible or how it works. However, if we can help save 1 soul and lead them to Christ in a group of 1,000 people, we have succeeded.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

taki-ziku-chiri

Super Soldier

14,800 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:13 pm
Wait, so even saved Christians will be judged?  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 pm
taki-ziku-chiri
Wait, so even saved Christians will be judged?

Hmm yup. To be judged is not only of a bad account but also whether you have been consistent as a christian. Here's what it says in the Bible:
John 12:48 (CEB)
"Whoever rejects me and doesn’t receive my words will be judged at the last day by the word I have spoken."
But what I know is if you really call yourself a faithful Christian, then you won't go back to your old ways.
2 Corinthians 5:17 (CEB)
"So then, if anyone is in Christ, that person is part of the new creation. The old things have gone away, and look, new things have arrived!"  

ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:33 pm
Question: So to those who have died before the judgement day haven't been judged at all then, but will be along with the others on that very day? The final decision given to them I mean. Does that mean they aren't situated in heaven or hell yet coz that was taught during my bible class?  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:04 am
ll-0RACL3_kun-ll
Question: So to those who have died before the judgement day haven't been judged at all then, but will be along with the others on that very day? The final decision given to them I mean. Does that mean they aren't situated in heaven or hell yet coz that was taught during my bible class?
I think your class had it right.

It is hard to say how it will come to pass. If there are two judgment. One of the wicked, that is not written in the book of life, or one judgement where both wicked and just are judged. I have not been able to find a good answer to that, but I know the dead in Christ will wake first, before those that are condemned.
So to me that kind of is an indication that there will be two judgments.

We are told that to die is to be present with the Lord.

Philippians 1:23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;

Proverbs 14:32 When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous have a refuge.

You are already judged (maybe the unbeliever haven't heard the reasons for the sentencing and that this will happen at the White Throne Judgement?), which is why those who reject hell go there right after death, they are not written in the book of Life. It seems only reasonable to me that the believers that then die go to heaven:

Hebrews 9:27
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

John 3:18
He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Psalm 9:17
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

At the finally White Throne Judgment Jesus will even judge Hell, and death.

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

I hope this answered your question, as you can see it is a somewhat difficult topic. smile Either way we know for sure there will be judgement, and that there will be a new earth, and the effects of sin will be no more. Jesus will rule forever, and that is what we should cling to. I'd love to hear other views!  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Inspiration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces