Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:38 pm
Story

In the grand city of the Capital, people from all walks of life can find some place where they belong. However, things weren't always this way. Many centuries ago, guns were still the most popular weapon to produce and use, for those who could afford them anyway. As technology advanced, so too did the technology of guns. When gun violence increased to new levels, the Capital cracked down on the people and destroyed every last gun in the city, declaring that the city would focus on better technology.

Eventually, time passed and guns were a thing of history. People turned back to martial arts, archery, and swordsmanship to protect themselves and the ancient arts thrived. After things seemed to settle the Capital split, as any culture does, into Upper, middle, and lower classes. It became clear that the upper class citizens ran the Capital, and had only their interests in mind. The lower class struck out in anger and resistance, starting a war within the city. Caught between the two classes, many of the middle class moved to either help the upper class or lower class.

However with the loss of guns, the people went back to the old ways of killing, using swords and other crafted weapons to fight for what they believed in. After years of fighting, the upper and lower classes were able to come to an agreement and all three classes elected representatives to speak for them in the new republic, so everyone could be heard and to keep another war from happening and tearing the city apart. Five years have passed since the war ended, and while many warriors were able to just pick up their normal lives once more, others could not move on, whether by choice or by the fact that what they'd done and seen had been burned into their memory by guilt. But in a time of peace, what place could warriors possibly have?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 pm
Rules

1. My word is the ultimate authority, so what I say goes.

2. Absolutely no Godmodding. Those guilty will be put on the black list. See black list for policy there.

3. No AI characters. You can have a cybernetic arm or leg, but it will be held to the confines of normal human limits. You can't have a super strong robot limb. That being said, as I plan, you may have a fighting style that gives you seemingly inhuman speed or strength, but it will be for very short bursts if you choose to do so. You can't always lift a car off a baby or something crazy. You won't be strong or super fast all the time, just in a serious battle or something.

4. There are robots that can serve tables, staff hospitals, all that. It's the future, be creative, but your main character cannot be a robot that fought in the war or something.

5. If you fought in the war, you must be at least 23 years old. You can be no younger to have fought in the war.

6. Keep it PG-13. Romance is allowed, but you know when it's too much and you need to do a time-skip or something.

7. Be nice to each other, or if you're going to have an argument out of character with another roleplayer, pm each other because we don't need to be dragged into your fight.

8. I would like it if you posted at least 4-5 sentences. I will accept the occasional writer's block post, but no one-liners.

9. This is a lit-rp, so don't use *this* or something for actions. Write like you're writing a story.

10. Use ((this)) or [[this]] or something when speaking out of character.

11. I encourage having a background with at least some character. While the Capital is an immense city, your character should at least know some person, and if they were in the war, they should definitely know some warriors. You don't have to do the background in your profile, but work it out with someone through pms or do it on the fly and pm the person to give them a heads up.

12. Pm me your profile and title it, "Get the bows" so I know you read this. Also, include a heart somewhere in the pm.

13. I reserve the right to add rules as I feel necessary.

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:18 am
Profile Skeleton

For former warriors

I go by [color=pickacolor]((Name))[/color] now.
But I was known as [color=pickacolor]((Nickname))[/color] during the war.
I am [color=pickacolor]((Age))[/color] years old.
I am a [color=pickacolor]((Gender))[/color].
I've been told that [color=pickacolor]((Personality))[/color].
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use my [color=pickacolor]((weapons))[/color].
My fighting style allows me to ((Limit to two abilities)), but only during battle.
Besides my weapons and fighting style, people identify me by, [color=pickacolor]((Scars, any marks,etc))[/color].
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. [color=pickacolor]((Bio))[/color].
Here's what I look like. ((Appearance. I require a picture and I really prefer anime type picture. Real life pics bother me)).

For citizens

My name is [color=pickacolor]((Name))[/color].
But some people call me, [color=pickacolor]((Nickname))[/color].
I am [color=pickacolor]((Age))[/color] years old.
I am a [color=pickacolor]((Gender))[/color].
I've been told that [color=pickacolor]((Personality))[/color].
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use my [color=pickacolor]((weapons))[/color].
My fighting style allows me to ((Limit to two abilities)), but only during battle.
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. [color=pickacolor]((Bio))[/color].
Here's what I look like. ((Appearance. I require a picture and I really prefer anime type picture. Real life pics bother me)).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:00 am
Accepted Characters

Maya Freana
I go by Amaya now.
But I was known as Fear during the war.
I am 25 years old.
I am a girl.
I've been told that I am a cold killing machine. During the war, I made it my mission to kill any upper class solider or warrior I could find. I held a long vendetta against the upper class for years and took my rage out on them. Since the war ended though, I have reflected on what I did and I let go of what hurt me in the past. I have become kinder and softer appearing over the years, only letting Fear out when I am protecting those who can't fend for themselves..
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use my sword.
My fighting style allows me to exercise superhuman speed and reflexes, which I use to study and predict my opponent's movements in battle, as well as perform many powerful sword techniques, but only during battle.
Besides my weapons and fighting style, people identify me by, a long scar from the top of my right shoulder to the top of my left hip on my back..
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. I grew up in the slums of the lower class area of the Capital. My father was a blacksmith and was the best in the city. He worked hard to provide for my mother, older brother. and me, and even though we didn't have much, we were happy. My brother began learning smithing from my father and I watched them all the time. I was more interested in the swords they made than the process.

One day when I was four, some guards from the upper class area of the city came down to my father's shop and demanded that he give them all the swords he had made. He refused, and they left. We thought it was the end of it. It wasn't though...

They came back in the middle of the night to steal the swords. My father ran into the shop to stop them, and was killed instantly. My mom told my brother and me to hide and she ran in to see if she could save my father. My brother and I were hiding behind the door and we watched them rape her and stab her to death. By that point I screamed out for her, and they found us. My brother tried to protect me and struck out at them in his naive bravery and anger. They beat him until he was unconscious while I just cried. Once my brother was unconscious, they took the swords, and me with them. I became a slave in the Captain's house. I was no more than a nameless animal to those people, and I received the scar on my back during my time as a slave.

After four years, I killed the Captain in his sleep, took the last sword my father had ever made, and ran. I went back to the slums, tried to find my old home, hoping my brother might be there or might have left a clue to where he was, but he was gone, and I was alone. I wandered the streets for a few days, starving and cold until an old man took me in. It took a while for me to even look at him and even longer to speak to him.

Eventually I came to trust the old man and told him about my past. When he found out I liked swords and I wanted to fight to avenge my family, he began teaching me his fighting style. It turned out he was a master swordsman, and over the next ten years, I learned everything I could from him and when I turned eighteen I fought in the war to kill any upper class warrior or soldier I could find, using my father's sword to end each one of their lives.

After the war, I realized how many families I probably made suffer from losing a husband or a father or brother, and that I was no better than the monsters who killed my family. So I went around, using my skills and my sword to protect those who truly needed it and tried to find happiness for the first time since my family was torn apart.
Here's what I look like. User Image

omgIisonfiyah
I go by Dante Reid now.
But I was known as Genocide during the war.
I am 28 years old.
I am a guy.
I've been told that I'm a lot more quiet than I used to be.
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use my Katana and Knife.
My fighting style allows me to strike down multiple enemies in an instant as well as being able to read every move they make, but only during battle.
Besides my weapons and fighting style, people identify me by, My unusual hair color and a scar over my left eye..
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. Dante fought for the poor tooth and nail. And for the longest time he believed in what he was doing. Before his wake-up to reality, he was often perceived as loud, obnoxious and brutal. However, after a trap set by his own people that cost him his left eye, Dante could see what the world was like. As it turned out, Dante was in the way of "winning the war" and that the people "didn't need someone like him" so Dante vowed to elimnate everyone who had tried to kill him, learning a long forgotten art of the sword (Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu) He slew everyone he deemed his enemy, before long he became the target of both sides in the war, though his living presence today suggests that neither side could really handle him. Since the war he has had his left eye replaced with a mechanical one that works just as good as the old one. Nowadays he just wanders wherever he pleases, trying to find the rest of the people who condemned him to death all those years ago..
Here's what I look like.
User Image

Valiant Fenris
I go by Valiant Okami now.
But I was known as Vengance during the war.
I am 25 years old.
I am a male.
I've been told that Kind, peace-loving, loyal.
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use my A simple wooden katana lined with steel to reenforce it.
My fighting style allows me to either quickly disarm and beat an opponent or dispatch him without death, but only during battle.
Besides my weapons and fighting style, people identify me by, My animal-like appearance.
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. Before swords and bows there was a growth of science. Cruel people who sought gain in torturing and altering humans. This led to poor animal-human hybrids. But they were unrefined, so they were bred with normal humans, giving birth to Valiant and his kin. During the war they were sent out to dispatch scores of humans. Valiant, who probably had the purest heart, stayed by Amaya because he refused to kill. He was punished terribly. At the end of the war he led a revolt to free his kin. The uproar led to the Capital intervening and giving the animal-people a small area to live. Valiant lives free now, wandering the city, bothering Amaya, keeping the reason why he had to lead the revolt to himself. Scientists working on the project speculate that the death of his parents through euthanizing set something aflame, some inner hatred stored up during the war. He was his most violent then, but he still had sense not to kill.
Here's what I look like. User Image tattoos, tail and all.

Cerebral Perception
My name is Alixia Haven.
But some people call me, Nido.
I am 19 years old.
I am a girl.
I've been told that I'm rather odd. I collect random tidbits, seemingly insignificant slivers of information about people. I find these small facts useful at times, and doing this as a hobby keeps me busy. I record each new piece of information in a pocket notepad I keep with me at all times..
When I need to protect myself, I primarily use my halberd.
My fighting style allows me to redirect kinetic energy, but only during battle.
Well I don't know why you're interested, but I guess I'll tell you about my past. I was born into a middle class family. I was sheltered most of my uneventful life. So sheltered, in fact, that I was completely unaware of a war in the city until a day near the end of the war, a day when my parents didn't come home. During the war, we apparently lived in a building in the center of the city's no man's land. On their way home, my parents got caught up in one of the last of many battles fought between the opposing sides. Suddenly, I felt was alone in the world, caught in the center, and nobody could help me.....
Here's what I look like. http://ip2.mjv-art.org/jvwall_images/3c2/3c2b1588bb4c7b7fc6d9d7ac8327a2bd_bp.jpg

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:25 pm
White list
This is where you want to be. If I'm cool with you, your name shall end up here. heart

*omgIisonfiyah- First to join

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:49 pm
Black List
If your name ends up here, this is your warning to stop whatever behavior that got you put here in the first place. If you stop, in a week you'll be taken off this list. If you complain or argue with me about being placed here, you'll be booted immediately. Plain and simple.

*Boris_Badenov - Because he asked?....

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:56 pm
heart heart heart Accepting! heart heart heart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 pm
((bump))  

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:22 am
((Bump for at least one more before we start.))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:32 pm
heart heart heart Open! heart heart heart

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:45 pm
There was blood everywhere...spattered up the walls, creeping across the floor, dripping from the ceiling...like straight from a horror movie. The smell was strong and metallic, assaulting the young girl's nose almost more than the screams of her own mother filled her ears as she was violated. She felt her brother's hand clasped tightly over her mouth, trying to keep her from making a sound and alerting the guards...no...the monsters...to their presence.

When they were finished, she saw her mother laying on the floor, trying to maintain what little dignity she still could, though the woman was obviously ashamed and hurt, sobbing as she curled into a ball, her back to the monsters. They laughed before pulling out their swords and plunging them into the woman's flesh, over and over again, her mother crying out in renewed screams. The child's eyes when with terror as she watched them kill her mother, her father's body laying motionless on the floor a few feet away. Once her mother stopped screaming, the little girl began shrieking as tears ran down her face. "M-mommy! Daddy!" She cried, her brother no longer able to silence her.

The monsters heard the child's screams and began walking towards the childrens' hiding spot. At that point, her brother shoved her in a corner of the room and let her curl in a ball. She held her hands up to her ears, rocking back and forth as she just stared at the floor ahead of her. Once the monsters came through the door, her brother ran at them, trying desperately to fight them off, but they easily knocked him down and began punching and kicking him. The girl sat in the corner and watched with horror, grasping her head tightly. "It's only a dream, it's only a dream, it's only a dream, it's only a dream, it's only a dream, it's only a dream, it's only a dream, it's only a dream, it's only a dream!" She muttered to herself before they finished beating up her brother and turned to her.

Her eyes wide with terror still, she saw the evil in their eyes and the dark grins on their faces. She tried to run, but they grabbed her, making her scream and kick as the held her tight and started carrying her away from the house along with all of her father's swords. "M-Mom-my! Let go! You're scaring me! NO-OOO-Oo..." She sobbed as she tried miserably to get away. After that everything went dark.

Amaya shot up from her bed, the cold sweat dripping down the side of her face as her heavy, panicked breathing slowly fell back into a normal rhythm. Sighing, Amaya put a hand to her face, leaning forward as she calmed down. "It's only a dream..." She murmured.

Looking around the room now, the woman felt a sense of comfort wash over her as she spotted her sword, the last sword her father had made, leaned up against the bed, right where she had left it. Her sword was her most prized possession, and while she might have come to terms with the death of her parents, it still hurt to think about. Killing the ones that murdered her parents was the only time Amaya ever felt truly happy to have killed a person during the war, but even to this day, she was glad that she had done it, though she seemed to regret killing so many others.

It was still dark out, though it was usually dark in the slums, since they were located at the bottom of the city. Looking to the clock, she could see it was early morning, and the sun would be rising soon enough. Climbing out of bed, Amaya trudged into the bathroom and took a shower, getting clean for the day before stepping out, pulling her hair back and re-wrapping her chest before pulling on her pants and shoes. She didn't have much money since she chose to stay in the slums, though her apparel was about what one would expect from a poor person in the slums. She was regarded as a respected and feared figure in the slums, so she never really had to worry about being bothered or about where her next meal would come from.

Heading out the door now, Amaya tied her sword onto her belt and made her way into the streets, headed down to the local diner to find something for breakfast, enjoying the peaceful, early morning silence on her walk.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:59 pm
((*cough*))  

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Cerebral Perception

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:12 pm
((I'm a little intimidated by your.... novel....))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:04 pm
(( sweatdrop It's not really a novel...I've just been backed up on roleplaying for weeks and I REEEEEALLY needed to write. I was starting to go crazy...))  

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers