Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:50 pm
Maybe you have a little S & M game going on between right brain & left brain. wink They can’t agree which side is Dom. xd

Re the animation looks good. Can’t wait to see the finished piece.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm
Kairanha

Before you quit

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

Your art is wonderful! I was wondering what art program you use to animate and draw with.

-Lil Brat's IRL child.

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

Remember why you started!

Zelliz
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:42 pm
Lil Brat's IRL child? eek Are you even old enough to be here?!!! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:36 pm
Psyzapp
Lil Brat's IRL child? eek Are you even old enough to be here?!!! gonk

Before you quit

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

gonk Sadly! I'm 23 crying

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

Zelliz
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:01 pm
Greetings Lil Brat's IRL child. We use Adobe Elements for everything and it's terrible for all of this, but it's what I learned to use because it's what I could get a physical copy of way back when. I do not recommend. It fits into my theory that you can learn to make what you want with whatever with enough persistence and a good understanding of the basics. Also affective hermeneutics.

I've heard good things about Clip Studio Paint. I was actually looking into this for the ease of making stylish background art. There's also Paint Tool Sai. That because of the brush settings. Then Corel Painter because it's about as close as you can get to the methods and feel of physically painting on a digital canvas.

I don't know what you intend to make so those are just a few suggestions that cover a lot of ground. Something there should fit what you want to do.

This is unrelated to this conversation, but I don't want to make another post just to put a random sketch I was doing to help someone visualize body construction better. It was made with a few paragraphs of explanation, but I don't feel like retyping it to make it fit into Gaia's ToS... It involved a lot of talk about nsfw topics so yeah... can't just copy and paste that.
へ(。•ิ‿ -〃)

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:04 pm
Also this is neither here nor there, but in animation you're going to have to draw some frames that look very questionable, but the animation wouldn't work without them. And I haven't even started using animation smears yet lulz emotion_0A0

User Image  

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zelliz
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:48 pm
Before you quit

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

I use Fire Alpaca for animating. They have a setting called potato mode and it makes the animation layers really easy to use. I'm not particularly good at drawing but animation I'm good at.

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:41 am
I don't particularly draw a lot. My main wheelhouse is painting so I'll do a quick sketch that's done well enough then spend a month or so on and off coloring it. This is all I really know and it's a terrible way to approach animation. I just wasn't prepared for the crap ton of drawing I'd have to do to get the feeling of hand drawn animation. Then throw in that I've never had to worry about keeping a character model consistent when viewed from any angle while they are moving at the same time. It's a completely different skill set that I'm having to learn while trying to pick up my drawing pace so that doing even simple animation doesn't take forever. It all adds up to my current project being quite a bit above my skill level to produce. I'm just too slow and my process needs more refinement. My usual approach to painting is far from adequate to produce the kind of animation I'm interested in making. I'm going to put my current project on hold and do some simple stuff to build up more experience.

That being said, I'm going to do a few drawings of my OCs to destress and put out some content to my social medias because I've disappeared for a while working on animations with really nothing to show for it.

User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Zelliz
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:58 pm
Before you quit

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

I feel that! I don't have a lot of drawing experience, and i've got no real talent for it. I'm however really good at animation. It's one of the few things artistically I'm good at. However my big sister is a very talented artist. yum_puddi

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 pm
I don't know what compelled me to do so, but I just went through every page of this thread, looking at all the old art and watching the growth. And then I suddenly realized I haven't done any art in forever emo As slow as you might think you are at times, I'm way slower rofl sweatdrop  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Zelliz
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:12 am
Before you quit

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

I feel that Soul. I'm really slow with what I can do too. -cri

¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸¸.*¨*.¸

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 am
Ah, maaaan. Don't look at my old stuff. I usually go back and delete my old work where it's easy enough to do like my social medias.

Did some practice earlier this week trying to draw as many arms as I could in a set period of time to get faster and then wanted to render a butt and then my attention span started going off the rails.

User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:55 am
Your first arm looks kind of like a leg to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:40 pm
I never delete old work. It's nice to see that I am, indeed, making progress. If I only look at my newest work, especially with how infrequently I do art, then it seems like I'm not just stagnating, but actually getting worse. It's depressing. If I've got old work that I can still look at and refer to, then I can tell myself "well, at least it's not as bad as -that- is."

Also, maybe what looks like a leg is actually an arm to some other species of creature!

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:12 pm
I got into the habit of deleting old art because I'm pretty ashamed of how unethical I was at one point. I used too much of other people's art in my own drawings that I can't really even consider it mine. I only consider myself starting as an artist when I started referencing real people and found out how little I actually knew about drawing. I don't really care to pat myself on the back for the things I've done right in the past. I'm going to have my favorites sure and sometimes I'll redraw concepts I liked to see how much I've improved, but the way I improve is by honestly looking for the things that I didn't do as well as I wanted and putting my design elements under a microscope to find out why. The vast majority of my problems come from just not going through the rigor of life studies enough and doing that over and over to ingrain a knowledge of anatomy in my memory. It also helped leaving behind the childish concept that everything I drew needed to be some big life changing event. Getting better isn't just some thing that happens to me. I have to go out and get it and I'm also getting better at knowing how to do that.

Speaking of creature designs having body parts that serve a different purpose; Death Stranding's creature designs uses hands in a lot of different ways and it's one thing in a long list of uncanny things that's going on in that game.

Practicing my portraiture. I got my completion time down to two days. It simplifies things for me when I can use a color palette I'm used to, but I probably should try to paint skin tones as I see them so I can get better at color selection for normal people. I actually kind of hate even the idea of it honestly, but if didn't need to take commissions every now and then I wouldn't even bother.

User Image  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces