Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
History of Magic I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:56 am
History of Magic
Professor Grayson Powell

User Image
Everyday 10:00am to 10:45am
(Updated on Sundays)

Grayson Powell had his feet propped up on his desk as he was seated reading yet another book. Next to his desk was a globe the size of a stove, while a stone tablet covered with hieroglyphics sat on the other side. A list of rules and expectations was listed on the chalkboard behind him, and two bookcases sat on either side of it brimming with books. He seemed totally engrossed with what he was reading, and didn't seem to notice any students filing in.

Rules of the Classroom
Do not come to class late.
No disruptive behavior, fighting, or swearing.
Do not interrupt lecture.
Raise your hand if you have any questions.
Please feel free to speak openly only when open discussions are permitted.
Come to class prepared with paper, quills, and a copy of A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in loss of points and/or detention!

History of Magic Knowledge List
First Year
[ ] History of Hogwarts
[ ] The Chamber of Secrets
[ ] Statute of Secrecy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 pm
User Image

Former Ravenclaw

Grayson looked up from his book as he noticed the students coming in. He didn't know how long he had been sitting reading, but the effect was always the same. Usually it would end with him being confused about what was going on, but today was different. He was supposed to be teaching the class, and as usual, it left him a bit awkward as to how to go about it. He however decided to go about doing it the simple way.

"Hello, class, and welcome to History of Magic. I am your professor, Grayson Powell. In this class, there is no wandwork, since magic doesn't help you to learn about history. Therefore, your wands will need to be put away." He stood, taking his feet from off the desk and faced the children directly. "History is a collection of events, as I'm sure you are all well aware of. However, these events help to shape the world around us. If not for the witch burnings of the sixteen hundreds, we would not have the Statue of Secrecy. If not for the crises of the last century, we would not have cooperation of all magical folk." He glanced around the class, letting his gaze fall over each of the students. "Now, can someone tell me, besides what I have stated, why history needs to be learned?"  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana was the first to arrive to this class, yet again. She noticed all the books on the two bookcases. Ariana sat down in the first row as she did in a majority of her classes. As Professor Powell spoke, Ariana listened intently. I should try to get house points, she thought, remembering that participating in the class can get you some, so she stuck her hand up in the air.

wearing

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

When Amanda walked into the class, she sat in the back, as usual, and stared at the professor. This is gonna be a long class, she thought. History is just so boring. She took a chocolate frog out of her bag and popped it into her mouth as Professor Powell spoke.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:36 am
User Image
User Image

Shina filed into the class a bit early, and found a seat right up front. Notebook, textbook, and quill were neatly arranged in front of her. When the teacher started speaking, she began writing notes. At his question, her hand immediately rose into the air.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:59 am
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

User Image

Ben sat in the front row as always. History was an extremely important class. "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it's mistakes." Ben had forgotten who had said it, but it had a ring of truth to it. The only sad thing is that their wands wouldn't get much use. It would be terrible to teach the class. How do you get a bunch of first years excited for History? Not an easy task whatsoever. Ben raised his hand slowly to answer the question asked. With any luck the house cup would stay in Ravenclaw for a second year.

User Image

...little friendly competition?

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

History would be a piece of cake for Chase. What else was there besides memorizing dates and facts? Well, getting the big idea was also important, but you didn't need to practice anything for history, right? Then again, this was a magic school, not the regular school back in London.

He took a seat up front, like all of the other classes. He raised his hands slowly after Professor Powell asked his question. Chase knew the answer, no doubt.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:29 pm
User Image

Former Ravenclaw

Grayson looked about as he noticed the hands. So far, it seemed as though only one student wasn't interested, though the others could have been because they wanted to to either earn points. It didn't matter. He gestured toward the first person to raise their hand, a girl in Hufflepuff yellow. He figured that he'd give the entire class a chance to answer at some point, and he knew one good way to do it. "Please, go ahead and tell me your name, and why you believe that history is important."

((ooc: Just letting you know, I may not respond too much since a family emergency came up.))  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

aliciazee

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:48 pm
User Image
User Image
History of magic, to the arrogant and manipulative Selene, was something she did not need study. Having been taught the importance blood purity, the sanctity of magic, and of knowing one’s lineage, and the elite family to which she belonged, Selene was certainly not lacking knowledge in this area. It was important to the Gillette family to remember their roots, as they came from such noble ones. But, being that Selene was a student, in a school, and her proper place, the place that would bring her family and blood status most ride was at a table, Selene stood straight-backed in her chair and listened politely, if not intently.

Frankly, she was less interested in what the professor had to say than what her other students had to say. This life, her classes, were as a game of chess to it’s player. She would observe the board and carefully plan her move. She watched as a student’s hand shot up in the air to answer the professor’s question and wondered whether the Hufflepuff would surprise her.

--------------

WITH:
OOC:

Thanks to Song of Aoede for graphics.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: What a very barbaric professor. Obviously he's another pathetic Mudblood tainting our world.

MOOD: Stuck up and Snobbish.

User Image
Matt glided into the History of Magic classroom. Knowing full well where it was because of his two cousin's having to take the same class through their years. So he swiftly moved to a chair near a fellow Slytherin, Selene Gillette, he believed she was called. Benjamin St. Cloud was sitting up front like a typical little Ravenclaw, a place that Matt would never sit in his right mind. Finally he took his attention away from Benjamin as he looked at the professor and he couldn't help but sigh at the fact that this teacher was a very barbaric individual. Leaving his feet on the desk and reading. He obviously wasn't trained in the proper way and taught manners. So he just shook his head as he didn't reply to the question he asked. His arms instead crossed in front of him and he leaned back in his chair. This was going to be a piss poor class wasn't it?
User Image

What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:20 pm
Leonidas Henry Reedling
First Year Slytherin

User Image

Leo trudged through the door to the classroom, at the back of the rush of students. His first class at Hogwarts was History... Great... He'd never liked History, and had never seen any use for it. What was the point of learning what had happened when you could be spending the time learning how to make things happen? Oh well... There was nothing he could do about it...

He scanned the classroom, looking for a seat. Many were full, primarily with familiar faces, the Slytherins. He looked toward the back, not wanting to sit up in the front where everyone could see him. There, in the back with a mouthful of chocolate was the pretty blonde girl he had sat across from at the feast. Since she was the only person he was slightly familiar with, since they had stared at each other for a while, he shuffled down the aisle of seats and took the one to her right. He searched through his bag for a quill, hoping that she would speak to him this time.

Age:11 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses: None

Wearing

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Once Professor Powell called on Ariana to answer the question, she cleared her throat. "I'm Ariana Hawthorne, and I think History is important so that we don't make the same mistakes that were made in the past," she said, lowering her hand.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda turned her head to look at the Slytherin boy who sat down beside her. "Hey," she said, not really paying attention to what was going on in the class. She realized it was the boy who sat across from her the previous night during the feast.

wearing

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:02 pm
Leonidas Henry Reedling
First Year Slytherin

User Image

She acknowledged his existence!!!! This was the first time in two or three years that someone of his own age had spoken to him. Suddenly, at the simple one-word greeting, Leo froze, panic starting to overcome him. What was he supposed to say? Did she want him to say hey back? Maybe she wanted him to introduce himself? What was it like the last time he spoke to a peer? Searching his mind, he... Couldn't remember. Leo realized that the girl was still staring at him, waiting for a reply. Clearing his throat, Leo somehow managed, "Hey."

Age:11 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses: None

Wearing

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Amanda Davis

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda didn't notice that the boy was nervous because he said 'hey' casually. "Want some chocolate frogs?" she asked, offering him two that lay on her desk. A fellow Slytherin, why not offer him any?

wearing

First Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces