Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
History of Magic I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:18 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Katya was unsure how her first day in classes would go, since she hadn't really seen any of her teachers or other classmates aside from her fellow Hufflepuffs. Yeah, Hufflepuff; just like her father, and she was determined not to disgrace her family, even if she wasn't a Harcroft anymore. Faina told her the professor was a nice guy, and he certainly looked it to her, so she hoped this was so. She'd always been good at History at her old school, and so she hoping that would continue here. Raising her hand, and waiting to be acknowledged, Katya added hesitantly, "Because if we don't study our own history, we don't know how we became who we are now." She really hoped what she said made sense to the teacher.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
✠ Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering ✠ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <1st Year>
Time: 2040-2041
Looking: Nervous
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Quinn and Mary had the morning to catch up after their sorting and evening getting settled in their houses. Mary seemed happy with her sorting since she got the advice from the hat, and he supposed the hat was right and their father would be proud of them-just in his own way which was not the role of an active Dad. Either way, now was the time to start focusing on his studies and first class of his Hogwarts career was History of Magic I. Quinn looked forward to History of Magic but worried that since he learned American history that he might be behind. He had read most of the text book Quinn reminded himself and there would be muggleborns probably more lost than he was. Quinn took a seat near the front so he could easily pay attention and take notes. Professor Powell introduced himself and started the topic of 'why does history need to be learned' and the two blondes, one a Slytherin, the other a Hufflepuff girl seemed to sum up well. He wrote down his answer but did not provide it for fear of possibly sounding redundant: to not repeat history and to know where you come from.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                              Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                              A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                              Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                              {OoC: }
                                              Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:01 am
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <1st Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Looking: All American Girl in a Hogwarts World

Mary and Quinn had the morning as an opportunity to catch up. Thankfully the first night the two weren't right across the hall for them went well. They had been preparing themselves for the fate of being separated for a while so it didn't come as a shock they were sorted in separate houses. Quinn seemed happy with his sorting and genuinely happy for her and even the hat's advice. Mary was a good mood when she entered the classroom for multiple reasons: 1. She had a good morning. 2. She liked history well enough and 3. This was her first class at Hogwarts-a thrilling prospect. Seeing Quinn she waved at her brother and then decided to take a seat next to a quieter blonde girl in her house. Mary was pretty sure the girl's name was Kat something. Katya... yes that was it!

Smiling at Katya, Mary asked, "Do you mind if I joined you? I figured it would be nice to get to know some of my housemates better and you seem nice."

Hoping for the permission to be granted Mary took a seat next to the girl ready for class to begin which it soon did and it was on why history was important. Mary gave Katya a thumbs up at her answer but Mary did not provide her own feeling that the main reasons were captured by Cian and Katya.

My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                          You need to forge your own path
                                                          And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                          Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 am

( PurebloodFirst Year HufflepuffHarp Player ) xx

I ғeel yoυ ιɴ тнeѕe wαllѕ
                                                        Yoυ're α cold αιr creepιɴɢ ιɴ, cнιll мe тo мy вoɴeѕ αɴd ѕĸιɴ
                                                        I нeαrd yoυ dowɴ тнe нαll вυт ιт'ѕ vαcαɴт wнeɴ I'м looĸιɴɢ ιɴ.
                                                        Oн, wнo leт yoυ ιɴ? Yoυ wαlĸ αroυɴd lιĸe yoυ owɴ тнe plαce
                                                        Bυт yoυ ɴever ѕαy αɴyтнιɴɢ. I cαυɢнт yoυ wαlĸιɴɢ ѕтrαιɢнт тнroυɢн мy wαllѕ
                                                        Gυeѕѕ ιт wαѕ αll мy ғαυlт, I тнιɴĸ I leт yoυ ιɴ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mera walked into the classmate, quietly waving at her two blonde housemates before taking a seat beside Mary. She didn't have a single problem about history, being homeschooled by her Oncle and all. Though she was certain that the history of Britain was probably different from the history her grandma Ester told her. Oh well. The professor was okay for her so she guessed it's going to end well for her? Hopefully if she could stand memorizing dates and all. When Professor Powell asked why history has to be learned, Mera frowned when the usual answer was given: learn past mistakes and yadayada. There was much more than that. "We learn history because it gives us inspiration," Mera raised her hand, struggling to raise her voice and hoping that the teacher can hear it, "It can motivate you to do something that can change others, or maybe it can inspire you to become a better person, or maybe even discover talents and be inspired to pick a new skill," She shrugged with a blush, "I mean... if it wasn't for famous harp players in history, I wouldn't be playing harp by now so..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Never тнoυɢнт тнαт I woυld ғeel lιĸe тнιѕ
                                                        Sυcн α мeѕѕ wнeɴ I'м ιɴ yoυr preѕeɴce
                                                        I’ve нαd eɴoυɢн, тнιɴĸ yoυ've вeeɴ мαĸιɴɢ мe ѕιcĸ
                                                        Goттα ɢeт yoυ oυт oғ мy ѕyѕтeм, yeαн
                                                        Iт'ѕ мy нoυѕe! I тнιɴĸ ιт'ѕ тιмe тo ɢeт oυт
                                                        Iт'ѕ мy ѕoυl; Iт ιѕɴ'т yoυrѕ αɴyмore!
                                                        yeαн, I тнιɴĸ ιт'ѕ тιмe тo ɢeт oυт

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - SY 2040-41xx
                                                        wнere - Classroomxxxx
                                                        wιтн - classmates, Professor Powell
                                                        xxxxxx

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:27 pm
User Image
Katya Patrovna
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

As Katya settled in, and got ready for class, one of her fellow Housemates came over. Having spent her time talking to Lucien, she hadn't much chance to be introduced to the others whom got Sorted with her the night before, and she'd sat with Faina at the Slytherin Table for breakfast this morning. She smiled, and nodded, saying, "Thank you, I'd like that. I'm Katya."

OOC:
mc2

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:28 am
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
xxxx <1st Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Looking: All American Girl in a Hogwarts World

Mary had smiled when Katya thanked her and said she'd like the company. "No problem. I'm Mary. Nice to formally meet you." Mary smiling held out a hand for Katya to shake and soon Mera from the boats, who was also sorted into Hufflepuff joined the two girls.

My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                          You need to forge your own path
                                                          And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                          Graydon Ironshield

Julian Galaksylph

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:10 pm

ISOLDE BLODWEN _____.___
First Year, Hufflepuff, Pureblood ________
══════════════════════════ _____

Isolde was sitting in her seat when she added to the collective groans. No wandwork in this class? But why? Defeated, she slid her wand back inside of her satchel and slumped forward. A part of her knew she wouldn't need her wand, but it didn't stop the disappointment anyway. Iso glanced left and right as her peers spouted answers; she had none to give. The girl directly beside her gave the best response, in her opinion. Isolde turned to the girl with the dark bob hairstyle and smiled. ”You play the harp? Wow, that's different. Must sound pretty. I didn't even think people played instruments anymore, I mean, they're usually enchanted to play on their own.” Isolde's mother once had the brilliant idea to make Iso pick up an instrument, but when she wasn't an immediate prodigy, had just as quickly decided “you'll learn to charm them anyway” and given up. Much of her life seemed to follow that trend: 'don't worry, magic will fix you yet.'

════════════════════
WHEN:: Monday 1:00 – 1:45p
WHERE:: History of Magic
WITH WHO:: Mera

════════════════════

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:46 am

( PurebloodFirst Year HufflepuffHarp Player ) xx

I ғeel yoυ ιɴ тнeѕe wαllѕ
                                                        Yoυ're α cold αιr creepιɴɢ ιɴ, cнιll мe тo мy вoɴeѕ αɴd ѕĸιɴ
                                                        I нeαrd yoυ dowɴ тнe нαll вυт ιт'ѕ vαcαɴт wнeɴ I'м looĸιɴɢ ιɴ.
                                                        Oн, wнo leт yoυ ιɴ? Yoυ wαlĸ αroυɴd lιĸe yoυ owɴ тнe plαce
                                                        Bυт yoυ ɴever ѕαy αɴyтнιɴɢ. I cαυɢнт yoυ wαlĸιɴɢ ѕтrαιɢнт тнroυɢн мy wαllѕ
                                                        Gυeѕѕ ιт wαѕ αll мy ғαυlт, I тнιɴĸ I leт yoυ ιɴ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mera tried to steel her face when a dark-haired girl smiled at her and expressed her interested of the fact that Mera was playing a harp, but failed and broke a genuine smile instead. And a flustered blush to boot. "Yeah, me and uncle went to this orchestra play and they have a harpist, I loved it ever since." Mera did however frowned slightly when Isolde said that people nowadays just have them charm on their own. It seemed a little bit lazy for her, but on the other hand... She was pretty sure that if you just charm a piano and not know how to play one, it would most likely end in discord. "I don't think it's a good idea to always rely on magic," she said, "But I'm pretty sure that a person can only charm the instrument to play well if one knows how it actually works... Not sure, though, I think I'll ask my uncle; he's a spell inventor." And he was always in Hogsmeade tending his metallic shop, she was certain that Garnet can ask him for her. "Oh, and uh... You're Iso, right? I'm Mera. Short for Esmeralda."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Never тнoυɢнт тнαт I woυld ғeel lιĸe тнιѕ
                                                        Sυcн α мeѕѕ wнeɴ I'м ιɴ yoυr preѕeɴce
                                                        I’ve нαd eɴoυɢн, тнιɴĸ yoυ've вeeɴ мαĸιɴɢ мe ѕιcĸ
                                                        Goттα ɢeт yoυ oυт oғ мy ѕyѕтeм, yeαн
                                                        Iт'ѕ мy нoυѕe! I тнιɴĸ ιт'ѕ тιмe тo ɢeт oυт
                                                        Iт'ѕ мy ѕoυl; Iт ιѕɴ'т yoυrѕ αɴyмore!
                                                        yeαн, I тнιɴĸ ιт'ѕ тιмe тo ɢeт oυт

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - SY 2040-41xx
                                                        wнere - Classroomxxxx
                                                        wιтн - classmates, Professor Powell
                                                        xxxxxx

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:46 am
The rats are on parade
Another mad charade
What you gonna do?
The hounds are on the chase
Everything's erased
What you gonna do?

ƑƖƦƧƬ ƳЄƛƦ ƧԼƳƬӇЄƦƖƝ ¤ ƬӇƖƝƓ 1

Will walked into the classroom with Jack having had to save his twin from a vanishing step which apparently had him seeing his life flash before his very eyes. He could hear him still grumbling about it causing him to snicker before sliding into the seat near Cian and his brother did the same. When class started he wasn't totally surprised that they were told to put away their wands, but he was slightly disappointed and nervous since that just meant a whole lotta note taking. He was going to get so many hand cramps from this class, he just knew it! Then they were asked why they had to learn history which seemed like a quick question so he didn't answer right away. He did however snicker at Cian's answer and tell him "good job" only being slightly sarcastic. Will was slightly confused though when the topic got onto harp playing which he supposed could make sense?"It could also give inspiration on what to do better. We keep evolving things because someone saw something, took inspiration from it, and then built it again but better and then the cycle just kept going." he explained also thinking about if harps had evolved at all through the years.
Kungfudemoness

Julian Galaksylph

I need some room to breathe
You can stay asleep
If you wanted to
They say that's nothing's free
You can run with me
If you wanted to
Yeah you can run with me
If you wanted to

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:17 pm
She said "at night in my dreams
You dance on a tightrope of weird
Oh but when I wake up
You're so normal that you just disappear
You're so straight like commuters
With briefcases towing the line

ƑƖƦƧƬ ƳЄƛƦ ƓƦƳƑƑƖƝƊƠƦ ¤ ƬƛƤЄ ƧƖƊЄ ƛ

Jack was thoroughly convinced the castle was out to get him just because he might've thought some admittedly bad thoughts about the sorting hat but, c'mon give him a break! Just because he thought they'd get separate houses didn't mean he'd want for it to happen! Especially if it meant his brother would be a whole half a castle away from him! But at least he had Londy, and Izzy for that matter even if she wanted to pretend sometimes they weren't related. Still, he got to meet up with his twin after breakfast and walk to history together, before his near death. He flopped into his seat still disgruntled with the step and his brother's reaction not even protesting when they were instructing to put up their wands. He was halfway listening to the answers floating around mostly trying not to make it seem like he was eavesdropping on the conversation between the two Hufflepuffs about magical orchestra instruments. He was pretty sure if he went and told this to his aunt she'd have a fit from here to Mars

Quote:

Quote:

There's no residue of a torturer
Inside of your eyes
She said you're just like Mike Love
But you wanna be Brian Wilson, Brian Wilson
She said you're just like Mike Love
But you'll never be Brian Wilson

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 am
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:12 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson looked up from his book as he noticed the students coming in. He didn't know how long he had been sitting reading, but the effect was always the same. Usually it would end with him being confused about what was going on, but today was different. He was supposed to be teaching the class, and as usual, it left him a bit awkward as to how to go about it. He however decided to go about doing it the simple way.

"Hello, class, and welcome to History of Magic. I am your professor, Grayson Powell. In this class, there is no wandwork, since magic doesn't help you to learn about history. Therefore, your wands will need to be put away." He stood, taking his feet from off the desk and faced the children directly. "History is a collection of events, as I'm sure you are all well aware of. However, these events help to shape the world around us. If not for the witch burnings of the sixteen hundreds, we would not have the Statue of Secrecy. If not for the crises of the last century, we would not have cooperation of all magical folk." He glanced around the class, letting his gaze fall over each of the students. "Now, can someone tell me, besides what I have stated, why history needs to be learned?"

════════════════════════
                                              Location: History of Magic classroom
                                              Thinking: New year, new faces...
                                              Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Mr Nightmares

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:01 pm
User Image

User Image Will you 𝓈 𝓉 𝒶 𝓎 by my side
Will you
𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖 me
If I let go of your hand, you’ll fly away and ʞɐǝɹq
I’m scared
, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ of that

This was his first class as an official Hogwarts student. On a nice Monday afternoon. And it was history! Varus was excited; facts and authentic information always made him happy. He walked inside, hiding a grin on his face as he glanced at the teacher who didn't seem to notice anyone, and walked to a vacant seat. As he set his textbook and notebook on his desk, he looked around the room. There were so many books! He wondered how many years it took for the older person to collect this many. Had he read them all? How old was he anyway? He looked like he taught Varus's parents when they were here. Maybe even older people! He was never one to figure out a stranger's age, anyway. There was also the option of having a long life, so maybe the professor was there during, like, the Order of the Phoenix? Maybe he was even a member! He might ask later, but high chances he wouldn't. Varus looked at his textbook in front of him, and wondered about Ewan. He was surely excited for this class as well, right? He couldn't wait to see his reaction from all the books inside.

He'd been so distracted by the thought of it that hearing the professor talk made him jump in his seat. He hastily put his wand away and started jotting down notes. Varus felt Professor Powell's eyes go around the room, and it made him feel less invisible than he was used to. He didn't want to be the first one to answer on the first day of class. That would draw attention. So instead, Varus focused on the quill and his notebook, writing down answers he'd recite later.

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 you stop time
                                        if this ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ passes
                                        ħ †hðµgh it hadn't → ΉΛPPΣПΣD
                                        I’m
                                        scared, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ I'll lose you

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Diamond Wales

null

null

User Image
User Image

Rina took her seat and yawned a little, leaning forward on her desk and waiting for class to begin. It was just, well... History wasn't one of her favorite subjects, not as interesting as, say, Charms or Transfiguration. But, she would do her best to pay attention anyway..

The class seemed pretty quiet after the professor asked his question, so Rina spent a few moments thinking about it. "Well," she started, throwing a nervous glance around the room, "It's good to know where you came from, that's why people try so hard to keep traditions alive.. knowing your history helps people connect to each other and strengthens the bonds in families and communities.."

xo-SkittleFairy-ox

oceanblue272

Invisible Explorer

10,815 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 am
User Image

Rhona Finnea Dubhach
Halfblood | First Year | Gryffindor
Location: History Classroom | Company: Classmates | Mood: Dread

Why did her first class have to be history of all things? Quietly Rhona entered the room, sliding into a seat near the back of the classroom. It was probably going to be very boring, she just knew it. Sure her own father was a muggle historian, but he knew how to make his stories and explanations really interesting. In regular school it had never been as fun.

As the professor posed his question, she sighed, a question being posed to her and her brother Ewan at regular intervals. Her father would be ashamed is he found of she hadn't done well in history, of all classes.

Rhona raised her hand, reciting off what had been drilled into her several times by this point. "It's important to study the past so that we understand the present and why the world is the way it is today and how and why it's become that way." She paused, trying to come up with the proper words to use, ones that she'd only ever really heard from her father. "History also helps us understand people and... culture. And where a lot of our cultural similarities and differences come from. And those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it."

OoC:

Compassionate She feels a lot of compassion for other people, and especially animals when they are suffering. This leads to her wanting to do something about it or a very strong opinion towards the situation.
Independent Already used to responsibility and going off with her brother quite often already in early life, Rhona has a strong sense of self-independence.
Dependable She likes being seen as a responsible person who can be trusted, and that includes whatever someone may ask her to do.
Stubborn When she thinks she's right and gets into an argument with someone, she won't back down very easily. If someone tells her no, she very often resists. Commonly, this comes from her not liking being treated like and kid and she feels like people don't respect her opinions.
Stingy She really doesn't do sharing, no matter what it is. Having a twin and sharing so many things in their lives made her very protective of what little she could completely call her own.
Energetic She seems to have an almost bottomless source of energy to draw from, mostly when working on something she's interested in. But when she crashes, she crashes hard.

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff