Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
History of Magic I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:34 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:35 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson looked up from his book as he noticed the students coming in. He didn't know how long he had been sitting reading, but the effect was always the same. Usually it would end with him being confused about what was going on, but today was different. He was supposed to be teaching the class, and as usual, it left him a bit awkward as to how to go about it. He however decided to go about doing it the simple way.

"Hello, class, and welcome to History of Magic. I am your professor, Grayson Powell. In this class, there is no wandwork, since magic doesn't help you to learn about history. Therefore, your wands will need to be put away." He stood, taking his feet from off the desk and faced the children directly. "History is a collection of events, as I'm sure you are all well aware of. However, these events help to shape the world around us. If not for the witch burnings of the sixteen hundreds, we would not have the Statue of Secrecy. If not for the crises of the last century, we would not have cooperation of all magical folk." He glanced around the class, letting his gaze fall over each of the students. "Now, can someone tell me, besides what I have stated, why history needs to be learned?"

════════════════════════
                                              Location: History of Magic classroom
                                              Thinking: New year, new faces...
                                              Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:20 pm
What if, what if we run away?
What if, what if we left today?
What if we said goodbye to safe and sound?
And what if, what if we're hard to find?
What if, what if we lost our minds?
What if we let them fall behind and they're never found?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ☀ ℙ𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 ☀ 𝕄𝕖𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕤

❃❂❁Chanda walked excitedly to his first ever history lesson, probably more excited than most would be. To be honest, he was still reveling in the amazement that he was finally at Hogwarts and had been across a gigantic lake and sorted by a talking hat! He'd sent a letter to his sister about that and hadn't gotten a response back but he was pretty sure she'd have something funny to say about it. After walking into the classroom, he found a seat in the front and pulled out his notebook, text, and pen to write notes. When class started he listened attentively agreeing that history was an important subject to learn. However he was slightly blindsided when Professor Powell asked them to tell why history was important. Chanda waited for someone else to go before raising his hand to answer. "History's important to learn because sometimes you only learn one side of a story or event and it's important to learn all sides equally or else we could end up repeating bad mistakes." he answered feeling a tad self conscious about his answer instinctively knowing his hair was darkening from it's normal red to a dark brown.

My youth, my youth is yours
Trippin' on skies, sippin' waterfalls
Runaway now and forevermore
A truth so loud you can't ignore
My youth, my youth, my youth
My youth is yours
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:53 pm

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

Eiji bounced into class and took a seat next to Chanda. He grinned at his fellow classmate. Eiji quickly un-packed his book, parchment, ink and sugar quills. He sketched a chibi of his teacher and jotted down what the professor said. He then sketched a chibi of his classmate and wrote what he had responded with. He nibbled on the end of his sugar quill while thinking on what to say.

Eiji waved his hand and hopped up from his seat. "I know we can learn both national and world history." He stated. "I know they are also important for different reasons. National history teaches us what is unique about our own land and people, while world history teaches us a better understanding of how and why the world got to be the way it is."

Eiji the flopped back into his seat and jotted down what he had said as well. He then offered a sugar quill to Chanda.

OOC: -

When | Fall 2042
Where | History of Magic class
With | Professor Powell and classmates
Feeling | Inquisitive

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:24 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageFirst Year SlytherinUser Image
▬▬"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. " ▬▬

Vespera sat in History and began listening to the lecture. She loved history, but didn't want to sit in a classroom for it, reading about it would have been better. She wondered if there was a way she could miss class and still pass. Maybe if she convinced someone to give her their notes? She shook her head and tried to pay attention. "You need to learn history so you aren't idiotic about what happened before you were born" Vespera rudely answered the question. She began to write her notes in a very paraphrased outlined form, she would read about it later.

▬▬ "Within each of us is the capacity for both good and evil." ▬▬

Where: History of Magic
With Whom: First Years
Thinking about: History
Vespera Description: Short 4' even, blond hair, green eyes and slight tan.
Wearing:School robes
OOC: Open for Interaction

_____

_____

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:56 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Jonah listened in to the conversation from his seat, jotting down notes in his notebook quietly. It’s not that he didn’t want to participate, but Chanda and Eiji had both answered so well that he felt no need to further elaborate, and Vespera… Well, he had to keep himself from snickering at the blunt answer. The last thing he wanted to do was disrupt the class with his laughter.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // History of Magic
With // First Years
Feeling // Eager to Learn
Thinking // I mean, she isn't wrong...

OOC:
Username

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:40 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Reserve Keeper

Her very first class at Hogwarts. Sonora took a seat at the front of the classroom next to a boy with--was he eating his quill? Does it still write? Watching the quill led her naturally to notice the little chibi in his notebook. wait! Is that Professor Powell? That's adorable!

She found herself sketching the front of the classroom as she took notes along with her classmates answers and jotted down their insights into a neat little column, but Professor Powell had taken her best reason. History was full of fun stories and that was reason enough for her. She glanced over at the chibi-professor again with a small grin.

Quote:

could be brighter tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:39 pm
What if, what if we run away?
What if, what if we left today?
What if we said goodbye to safe and sound?
And what if, what if we're hard to find?
What if, what if we lost our minds?
What if we let them fall behind and they're never found?

𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ☀ ℙ𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 ☀ 𝕄𝕖𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕤

❃❂❁Chanda smiled and gave a small wave to Eiji as he sat beside him for class and tried not to watch his talented friend draw. Which of course was a very hard thing to do, especially since all his drawings were really small and cute. And he even drew him! Wicked! After he said his piece, the Hufflepuff took his turn and taking a leaf from the other's book, he jotted down what he said and nodded in agreement. It was sometimes hard to focus on other important history matters rather than just the ones from your homelands since those could cause an effect. He was pretty sure he saw a program about that in primary but he couldn't remember it all too well. Chanda eagerly took the offered sugar quill from Eiji and made a mental note to make him something nice in exchange. Maybe a handmade bookmark? Or was that too bookwormish? Maybe if he added some nice beads or charms on a tassel it wouldn't matter. He was brought out of his thoughts by the rude tone of Vespera giving her own opinion on the matter. Chanda frowned because he supposed what she said wasn't technically right (it was basically what the professor had said anyway) but did she really have to be so mean about it? "Well...that's kinda harsh calling someone an idiot just because they don't know everything about everything from the times before they were born, don't you think?" he said aloud hesitantly. He didn't want to start an argument but she didn't have to be so mean!

Trippin' on skies, sippin' waterfalls
Runaway now and forevermore
A truth so loud you can't ignore
My youth, my youth, my youth
My youth is yours
Stefan Lee Salvatore

shadow_the_kit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

CEOxJOE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:45 pm
User Image

The classes were somewhat, 'enjoyable'. They weren't though he is wondering what the ones he didn't take were going to be. Especially this class. The professor introduced himself as this class has no wandwork and was going to be about history. After his introduction and example he asked why history needs to be learned?

Alex raised his hand and answered Professor Grayson Powell question. "By learning about the past we have a foundation to build from and influencin' the decisions we make in the future. And hopefully not repeat the same mistakes for years before."

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:02 am

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

Eiji couldn't help but nod to what Chanda said. Vespera did seem a bit harsh with her response. There was other ways she could have phrased it without it seeming like she was attacking others. He smiled encouragingly at Chanda. He the pulled out another paper and sketched a chibi of Vespera with dragon wings and breathing fire. He slid that over to Chanda with a wicked grin.

Eiji then grinned at the girl sitting next to him. He couldn't help but admire her sketch of the classroom. It always made him happy when he saw another person draw. He offered her a sugar quill too. I wonder if I can get Shiro to send me more sugar quills for Yule. Eiji thought, Not being funny, if I keep giving them away I might actually run out before the end of the year. I wonder if I bought any real quills. Oh well.

OOC: -

Yukina101

addaellis

When | Fall 2042
Where | History Class
With | 1st years
Feeling | Happy

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:54 pm
The sky we’re looking at today

♪♫ Sonora Li
first year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Reserve Keeper

Sonora accepted the quill with a but of tentative confusion but mimicked his nibbling. It was sweet! She grinned and nodded her thanks for the snack quietly, resuming her diligent notetaking and occasional doodling of the scene. She glanced over again at the boy's pages--he'd drawn another thing but she couldn't see it clearly. He seemed to be drawing primarily characters, which made her quite intrigued because Sona had never worked on characters as much as she had drawing scenery and backgrounds.

shadow_the_kit

could be brighter tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:20 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:21 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson looked up from his book as he noticed the students coming in. He didn't know how long he had been sitting reading, but the effect was always the same. Usually it would end with him being confused about what was going on, but today was different. He was supposed to be teaching the class, and as usual, it left him a bit awkward as to how to go about it. He however decided to go about doing it the simple way.

"Hello, class, and welcome to History of Magic. I am your professor, Grayson Powell. In this class, there is no wandwork, since magic doesn't help you to learn about history. Therefore, your wands will need to be put away." He stood, taking his feet from off the desk and faced the children directly. "History is a collection of events, as I'm sure you are all well aware of. However, these events help to shape the world around us. If not for the witch burnings of the sixteen hundreds, we would not have the Statue of Secrecy. If not for the crises of the last century, we would not have cooperation of all magical folk." He glanced around the class, letting his gaze fall over each of the students. "Now, can someone tell me, besides what I have stated, why history needs to be learned?"

════════════════════════
                                              Location: History of Magic classroom
                                              Thinking: New year, new faces...
                                              Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 am
User Image
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2043-2044
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie's first magical class didn't sound all that magical even though it had magic in its title. History of Magic? None the less Annie was thrilled to learn the history of the world she was just recently thrust into. Annie was the first in class and took a seat in the front, pulled out her notepad and pencil and eagerly waited for class to start. Professor Powell introduced himself he started with a little history and Annie quickly wrote 'witch burnings 1600s-Statute of Secrecy' 'crisis of last century? magical cooperation.' When Annie had a chance she raised a hand and said, "Well usually we're told that we learn history so we don't make the same mistakes as the past... I don't know how well that works though." To Annie it seemed history, even learned, tended to repeat itself quite a bit.

User Image
                                                            ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                            You're a lively one, for sure
                                                            Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                            Hm, this is a tough one
                                                            But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                            {OoC: }
                                                            Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:36 am
User Image
⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
Time: 2043-2044
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Margaux was confident going into History of Magic that the class would not be particularly challenging. Her tutors had drilled her on history for years. It was likely a class for the benefit of the undereducated or the muggleborns, Margaux decided. Either way she figured an easy O was much the norm, why should a class for the dumb and muggleborns be any different? Margaux noticed the Hufflepuff twin of Jessalyn Prescott, her unfortunate dormmate. They weren't really twins but looked it and acted like it when together. Also one actually spoke and could hear. Thankfully, Margaux thought, she got the quieter one. She was sure she'd learn more on why she didn't like either as the week and years go on. Taking a seat on the other side of the room from the redheaded Hufflepuff, Margaux listened and took notes on parchment with quill as the Professor began.

His introduction proved to her about her assumption of the class. For dullards and muggleborns. Margaux listened to Annie's answer and raised a brow. That seemed awfully cynical for a person of a house that is supposed to be as peppy as Hufflepuff. Margaux offered, raising her hand, "It also shows us where we come from so we know where we can go from there."

User Image
                                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
                                                Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
                                                It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers