Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
History of Magic I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:43 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
Ravenclaw โ”‚ First Year โ”‚ Eleven Years Old โ”‚ Single

Canaan was always good at History at his old school, and so he looked forward to History of Magic here, though he doubted he'd be called upon to list off the previous winners of the World Quidditch Cup. Yeah, he was pretty solid in regards to Muggle history and sports history, not so much about Magic History, but then that was the reason he was taking the class.

When the professor asked the question as to why history should be learned, Annie and Margaux pretty much summed things up so far as he was concerned, enough that he couldn't come up with anything else to add that sound like something other than repeating what was already said. Instead of trying to add to a question already answered, Canaan chose to simply listen, and maybe get a shot at contributing later on.

OOC:
Username

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:00 pm
User Image
                                                  ๐”ธ ๐•Ÿ ๐•Ÿ ๐•’ ๐• ๐•š ๐•ค ๐•– ๐•„ ๐•’ ๐•ฃ ๐•š ๐•– ๐•‚ ๐•ฆ ๐•ฃ ๐•ฅ ๐•ค
                                                  ___โ•˜โ•โ•โ•โ–ถ ๏ฝ†๏ฝ‰๏ฝ’๏ฝ“๏ฝ” ๏ฝ™๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ’ ๏ผš ๏ฝ‡๏ฝ’๏ฝ™๏ฝ†๏ฝ†๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ฝ„๏ฝ๏ฝ’

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

Her first ever class at Hogwarts. Annalise hurried into the classroom with her classmates, sitting among them, choosing a seat near the middle of the room. She wasn't sure how this class was going to go, seeing as it was a history class. Back home, she always hated history. It was so boring, and seemed to drag on forever. Taking out her notebook, Anna made sure to take decent notes. Thus far, all they had was a question. Why was history important to learn? Annie chimed in first, saying that it was important to avoid making the same mistakes that were made in the past. That made sense. She jotted it down in her notes. Margaux spoke up next, saying that history showed us where we came from and where we should go in the future. Anna shrugged, scribbling that down as well. Maybe things worked differently in the wizarding world, but history classes back home were mostly about wars and expansion. Only time would tell if that were true here as well.

ใ€ OOC: . . . ใ€‘

โ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. โž

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:20 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:22 pm
User Image

User Image

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Hษชsแด›แดส€ส แดา“ Mแด€ษขษชแด„ || Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€ || Sแด›แดœแด…ส แดา“ Aษดแด„ษชแด‡ษดแด› Rแดœษดแด‡s

Grayson looked up from his book as he noticed the students coming in. He didn't know how long he had been sitting reading, but the effect was always the same. Usually it would end with him being confused about what was going on, but today was different. He was supposed to be teaching the class, and as usual, it left him a bit awkward as to how to go about it. He however decided to go about doing it the simple way.

"Hello, class, and welcome to History of Magic. I am your professor, Grayson Powell. In this class, there is no wandwork, since magic doesn't help you to learn about history. Therefore, your wands will need to be put away." He stood, taking his feet from off the desk and faced the children directly. "History is a collection of events, as I'm sure you are all well aware of. However, these events help to shape the world around us. If not for the witch burnings of the sixteen hundreds, we would not have the Statue of Secrecy. If not for the crises of the last century, we would not have cooperation of all magical folk." He glanced around the class, letting his gaze fall over each of the students. "Now, can someone tell me, besides what I have stated, why history needs to be learned?"

Location: History of Magic classroom
                                              Thinking: New year, new faces...
                                              Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
First Year Classes