Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:48 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Second Year Twelve Years OldSingle

History of Magic was a class Fianna okay in. She liked her teacher, and the subject was interesting, but the names and dates were sometimes hard for her to keep straight. At least her teacher wasn't like the ghost teacher she'd heard stories of whom droned on about the Goblin Wars, whether any students were present or not. No, the twelve-year old Gryffindor would be happy if they could get through the class without it devolving into a drama-fest.

Raising her hand, Fianna offered, "We studied the founding of the school, sir, and why the Founders had certain things they looked for in the students who came here."

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

-YEAR // Second
    -AGE // 12
    -APPAREL // Schooling Robes
    -ITEMS // Pack, wand, books and note taking items.
    -COMPANY // Professor Powell, and Fianna Grey
    -RELATIONSHIP // Single
    -THINKING // 'A new year, a whole lot of new possibilities.'
    -FEELING // Excited.
    -LOCATION // History of Magic II Classroom - First Row - Next to Fianna Grey

══════════════════════════════════════════

XXXBenjamin had taken a seat next to his friend from last year, Fianna, and smiled when he saw her. He had seen her from across the hall at the sorting ceremony but was never able to catch up with her. He thought at some point that he could maybe go to the library again and see if she was there, but he figured he would run into her sooner than later.

Over the summer he had experienced a major growth spurt, and all of his romping and exploring through the fields and woods by his home seemed to make for excellent work outs; even if he spent most of his time studying and reviewing for this year. He was much more mature by physique now, and his feet even touched the ground when he sat in chairs. Where he normally had a "cowlick" of hair at the back of his head, it was now all trained and smoothed down, and where his face was round, it was now a little harder, with more edges rather than soft curves. All of this he, of course, didn't take notice; but what set him apart from last year the most, was that his completion was now a golden tan, that showed his love for hikes through the woods and fields.

'Hey, have a good summer?' He said quietly to Fianna, after she offered up her one subject per student answer to the professor. He finished unpacking his book and writing utensils, and thought hard about what he learned last year.

He honestly couldn't remember much from last year, besides the fall out, and the discussion about the founding of their school. So from this, he pulled from that awful debate, seeing as the only other relevant topic was already voiced by Fianna.

'The practical use of our education from here, and how we can translate it into the wizarding workforce for our careers.' He said after had raised his hand. It wasn't a particularly bad subject from that awful debate, and if anything, it was a very good subject that he had learned from the discussion, especially if he wanted to work in the Ministry like his father; although he would have to get excellent marks, and maybe avoid another fall out.

((OOC: Graydon!! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to keep up RPing in the library, life has been super hectic.))

══════════════════════════════════════════

Diamond Wales

Graydon Ironshield

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
      • Gaian 50
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Statustician 100
      PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:02 pm
      User Image
      Fianna Grey

When Benjamin sat down beside her, it took a moment for Fianna to remind herself whom it was. Given how much he'd changed from last term it was no wonder she'd been unable to pick him out at the Hufflepuff Table at the Sorting Feast. Even that cowlick of his was gone. "It was fun," she told him, before the professor started his lecture. "I'll have to show the pictures after class."

scurd

OOC: No worries, there was a lot of that issue over the last few months.

OOC:
      Username

User ImageUser Image
                      That's what she told me

We are diamonds"

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:54 pm
      User Image
      User Image
      𝓼𝒆𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝒆𝓪𝓻 𝓻𝓪𝓿𝒆𝓷𝓬𝓵𝓪𝔀

Monika calmly approached the History of Magic classroom, ready for one of her favorite classes. History was one of her favorite classes, only second to Charms, mostly because there was so much to read and learn. It was a class that didn't focus on how well you could wave a wand, and took into account personal opinions from every student. Of course, those opinions usually led to heated debates that broke out into verbal fights, but it was still nice to hear the voice of every student in the class. Taking her seat, Moni set up her notes and her textbooks, just in case they would have a lesson that day, but she knew they would have a review. They typically started the school year with one. Listening to Fianna's and Benjamin's inputs, she waited until it was her turn to speak up. "We also discussed the International Statue of Secrecy, which is a law that laid down the segregation of Muggles and the wizarding community. It also states, quote, 'Each wizarding governing body will be responsible for the concealment, care and control of all magical beasts, beings, and spirits dwelling within its territory's borders. Should any such creature cause harm to, or draw the notice of, the Muggle community, that nation's wizarding governing body will be subject to discipline by the International Confederation of Wizards.' That is from Clause seventy-three of the Statue," she replied. That was one of her father's lessons, she remembered. He had it memorized, and thus, so did she.

I am moving through the crowd. Trying to find myself.
                                                                    Feel like a guitar that's never played. Will someone strum away?
                                                                    And I ask myself, who do I wanna be? Do I wanna throw away the key?
                                                                    And invent a whole new me? And I tell myself, no one, no one.
                                                                    Don't wanna be no one but me.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
      • Millionaire 200
      • Treasure Hunter 100
      • Dressed Up 200

Mephis Inferni

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
      • Money Never Sleeps 200
      • Tycoon 200
      • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
      PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:59 pm
      User Image
                                                                    They're gonna 𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫 𝔲𝔭 your looks
                                                                    With all the 𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰 in the books
                                                                    To make a 𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔫 out of you

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                    Where?History of Magic Class
                                                                    Who? Second years
                                                                    Thoughts?I love this class.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

xxx
                                                                    Jack took a seat nearest Professor Powell's desk, for he absolutely adored this class as it was his favorite, right next to Transfiguration.. But the debacle in the previous year still weighed heavily upon him and he didn't want to actually speak to anyone other than the professor in this class. He was worried that he might get too out of control again and cause another headache that he'd have to someone endure for the next year.

After the professor asked his question on what they had learned from the previous year, Jack spoke after the others. "We also learned about the history of the Triwizard Tournament, as well as important events surrounding them. I truly wish we could have another during our seventh year, just to showcase some outstanding witches and wizards in our world." He straightened and pulled out his scrolls and quill, ready to take notes one whatever would come next, as well as refreshing his memory on what the other students had already stated and would state in the future.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                                    OOC:

Quote:

Quote:

Because they 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭 with a gun
                                                                    And keep an 𝔢𝑦𝔢 on you, son
                                                                    So they can 𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥 all the things you do

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:32 pm
      User Image __________

User Image User Image

Aria hadn't made up her mind one way or the other about History. While it wasn't an interesting subject, it was still all very new to her. The wizarding world seemed as divisive and diverse as the muggle world. Albeit, the same problems always seemed to persist. Racism, prejudice, wars, and disease. Yeah, that usually covers everything other than the “invention of this” or the “discovery of that”. Couldn't history class just shake it up for once? Wrinkling her nose at the thought, Aria decided to take a seat beside Monika and greeted her with a chipper, ”Hullo. 'Ow've ya been blud?”

”We talked 'bout the Chamber of Secrets, too. How it was built like... a thousand years ago or somethin' and tha' it one of Salazar Slytherin's secrets. Until.. the snake thing...” Aria's voice faded awkwardly into silence and glanced around the room. Would another debate start? Maybe. But she wasn't sure which was she was leaning more towards. On the one hand, it's always fun to watch. On the other, it would be nice to learn a little without ruffling feathers.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
      ATTIRE:: house robes 】 【STATS:: 12yrs, 127lbs

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[OOC: ]

The Shiny Furret

Essy ze Ninja
      Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
      • Dramatic Shipping 25
      • Treasure Hunter 100
      • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100
      PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:27 am
      User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
                                                Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, I want everyone to take out your wands and take a god long look at them. I'm sure that you all remember what your wands are made of. I want you to write a short paragraph about your wands, and why you might think it chose you."

════════════════════════
                                                Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                                Thinking: ...
                                                OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:39 pm
      User Image
      Fianna Grey

Fianna was reminded of Jack's wand backfiring during last term's free-for-all class discussion when Professor Powell brought up the topic of the Ollivander Family. She was pretty sure most witches and wizards hardly even gave their wands a second thought most days. She also knew her older sister was studying Wandmaking as a possible career choice.

Looking at her own wand, Fianna started to write her short paragraph.

My wand is eleven inches long and is made from cedar, with a core of Unicorn hair. I was told it was a good wand for Charms work, which is part of the reason why I think it chose me, because I'm pretty good at Charms. I was also told, my wand might be good with Healing Charms, as Unicorn's blood can save somebody from death, and their horns have healing properties, and Cedar wood symbolizes the duality of life.

OOC:
      Username

User ImageUser Image
                      That's what she told me

We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
      • Gaian 50
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Statustician 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100
      PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:03 pm
      User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson strode into the classroom, ready to teach. So far, this class had seemed uneventful, however, he had some things in mind for today's class. He wondered about the students' resonses as he wrote the topic for the day on the chalkboard.

Professor Powell
                                                The Deathly Hallows

"Today we're going to talk about the Deathly Hallows. For those from Wizarding families, you may have heard of them before, usually as a bedtime story. However, it would do to inform your classmates of the topic, since they may not know.

"The Deathly Hallows are three highly powerful magical objects supposedly created by Death and given to each of three brothers in the Peverell family. They consisted of the Elder Wand, an immensely powerful wand that was considered undefeatable; the Resurrection Stone, a stone which could summon the spirits of the dead, and the Cloak of Invisibility, which, as its name suggests, renders the user completely invisible. According to the story, both Antioch Peverell (owner of the Wand) and Cadmus Peverell (owner of the Stone) came to bad ends. However, Ignotus Peverell's wisdom in requesting the Cloak was rewarded.

"According to legend, he who possesses these three artefacts would become the Master of Death. The story of the Deathly Hallows was originally told by Beedle the Bard and subsequently passed from family to family as a wizard fairytale. Few wizards ever realized that the Deathly Hallows were genuine items. Most people thought that there were things that Beedle had made up to entertain young wizards and witches.

"No one but Harry Potter has been known to have been in command of all three at the same time, though he was never in possession of them all at once. Albus Dumbledore had possessed all three, but not all at once, similar to Harry, but he was never the true owner of the Cloak. The Cloak was handed down to Harry Potter from his father through Albus Dumbledore, and the Stone was left to him in Dumbledore's will, hidden inside a Golden Snitch. Harry Potter gained the allegiance, but not physical possession, of the Elder Wand upon overpowering Draco Malfoy at Malfoy Manor. Although Draco had mastery of the Elder wand for a time, having gained its allegiance upon disarming Dumbledore before his death, he never knew of it. Potter never made use of more than two Hallows at once because he never had more than two at once.

"Now, here's the question for each of you. I know it's tempting for anyone, but out of the three, which one Hallow would you posess, and why?"

════════════════════════
                                                Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                                Thinking: ...
                                                OOC:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:52 pm
      User Image
      Fianna Grey

Fianna knew the story of the Deathly Hallows, she read the stories of Beedle the Bard when she was little. It was kinda scary to think these were real items and not faery stories, though. Raising her hand, she answered the question the professor posed. "I wouldn't want the wand, because it's a cheat. Besides, if it really made the owner undefeatable, then that Draco kid wouldn't have lost it. If I had the stone, I'd be afraid of starting a zombie apocalypse, and that wouldn't be good. So, I think I'd like to have the Cloak, sir, because it would be too cool to be invisible.

OOC:
      Username

User ImageUser Image
                      That's what she told me

We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
      • Gaian 50
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Statustician 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100
      PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:32 am
      ~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:34 am
      User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                                Location: History of Magic classroom
                                                Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                                Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100

Yukina101
      Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
      • Vocalizing Hisser 25
      • Hellraiser 500
      • Friend of the Goat 100
      PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:06 pm
      Crazy world
      Full of crazy contradictions
      Like a child.
      First you drive me wild,
      And then you win my heart
      With your wicked art.
      User Image
      User Image

𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ℝ𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕒𝕨 ✦ ℂ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕒 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕒𝕤𝕥 ✦ 𝔸𝕝𝕥𝕠 𝕋𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕣

Alby raced to class to get there early and secure a good seat near the front (not directly in front, he'd seen enough comedies especially teen rated comedies to know what could happen to those sitting in the front row). Plus he was excited about being back in the classroom after his long horrendous stay in the hospital wing. And people knew his name now! Some of them at least, which was a helluva lot more than last year! He pulled out all his supplies for notes as well as his textbook and felt ready when the professor started class asking for a review. Trying not to seem too eager he slowly placed his arm in the air to be called upon and when he was chosen he didn't realize he had been grinning until he felt a pinch at his cheeks. He'd have to work on that. "Last year we learned about the Chamber of Secrets which was, or is I mean since no one has actually proven to disprove it, a secret chamber made by Salazar Slytherin for when he just wanted to get away I guess and it housed a giant snake-Basilisk! It'sabasilisk-to kill all the muggleborns and those he felt weren't deserving of learning magic. Then he threw a temper tantrum and left because that's what adult wizards do, so sayeth the Wizengamot." Alby concluded with a cheeky grin before smothering it and returning to his seat with a slight blush.

One minute tender, gentle,
      Then temp'ramental as a summer storm.
      Just when I believe your heart's getting warmer,
      You're cold and you're cruel,
      And I, like a fool, trying to cope,
      Trying to hang on to hope.
      User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:33 pm
      User Image
      User ImageUser Image

Always introductions and always reviews, Gavin didn't have to be a seer to see it now as he found his seat in the History of Magic class. Pleasantly surprised, they skipped introductions and moved straight on in. Puffing out a breath and thinking back to last year, which felt so, so long ago, Gavin perked up with the recollection of one of their lessons (and something other than “some guy” did “something” during “uh.. way back when?”) Still chuckling from Alby's comment, he said ”We learned about the Statute of Secrecy, a law passed to separate the magical and muggle world.”

╔════════════════════╗
      History of Magic Class
      Uniform
      12 yrs5' 1"96lbs
      ╚════════════════════╝

[OOC://xXx]

[quote="]

Essy ze Ninja
      Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
      • Dramatic Shipping 25
      • Treasure Hunter 100
      • Tipsy 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
      • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
      • Rat Conqueror 500
      • Candy Fiend 150
      PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:27 pm
      User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

SECONDxYEAR xxxxxxSLYTHERINxxxxxxRESERVExBEATER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Rey hurried into the class, glad she was on time. She'd stayed at lunch longer than she should have but after chasing Olive around the dorm most of the morning, she'd been hungry. Thankfully, she wasn't late since but had to catch her breath as soon as she sat down since she'd run the whole way to the class.

She read one of her books as she waited for the class to start, putting it away when she heard Professor Powell speak. When he asked them about what they'd learned last year, Rey's mind flashed back to the argument she'd had last year during their first lesson and her cheeks reddened with embarrassment. She was distracted by one of her classmates, a boy she vaguely remembered talked about the Chamber of Secrets, and she giggled at his joke. Gavin then mentioned the Statute of Secrecy and she raised her hand as well. "We also learned about the history of Hogwarts, sir," she gave her own input.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

]c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                              a txxthe HoM classroomxxxxxw i t hxxher fellow classmates
                                                              f e e l i n gxxrelaxedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                          ━━━━
                                                          - - - - - - - - -

username

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items