Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:47 am
Human, behave yourself, you have burst at the seams-
Let it all fall out; open your mouth.
Often I lie wide awake, think of things I can make...
But I don't seem to have the parts to build them.
Human, I wonder why you're a better make,
Than I could ever build or create,
You know not love or hate!

User Image
๐“‰๐’พ๐‘’๐“‡๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“ƒ
๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‡๐’พ๐‘’๐“‰
๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“๐“๐‘’๐“Ž

SECOND YEAR โ”‚ PUREBLOOD โ”‚ RAVENCLAW

Tiernan still thought History of Magic was an utter bore, especially when there wasn't any fighting going on, but she did perk up at the mention of the basilisk. She wished it was still here, just so she and her sisters could talk to it. She was sure it had probably been perfectly lovely, despite the reputation. It was hardly the poor snake's fault some miserable little boy had wanted to use it as a murder weapon because he hadn't the brains to do any of it himself. Oh, everyone had already covered everything they'd learned last year. Oh well. She masked a yawn with her hand.

OOC:
Username

I am so scared of what will kill me in the end...
For I am not prepared, I hope I will get the chance-
To be someone, to be human, look what we've done-
Human, I'm trying to come clean, I will be a better me!
I will not drink until I'm dead, I'll make the most of it.
I don't know what it's like to be alive, to say goodbye...
To cry a thousand times because my ears won't listen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:29 am
Get down to Paris; I know a chic restaurant-
Sip from a chalice; we can drink all we want!
We can dance up close, head to head...
My love I shall bestow-
Who says romance is dead?
Mmm, I'm a perfectionist, a perfectionist.

User Image
vฮนฯ„ฯƒฯปฮนะณ
ฯ€ฮนฯ‚ฯƒlฮน

ะฝฮปlา“ฯ‘ฯlฯƒฯƒd ะฝฮตฮนะณ โ”‚ sฮตฯ‚ฯƒฯ€d ฯˆฮตฮปะณ โ”‚ slฯˆฯ„ะฝฮตะณฮนฯ€

Vito took his seat in class and was a little disappointed that the would not be learning something new today and just reviews. He had been hoping to hear something good about his house, so far from what he learned is that slytherin is the black sheep of the school, starting from its head, Salazar Slytherin all the way to its a**, Thomas 'look at my stupid no nosed head' Riddle. And now because of them and the twits who followed them Vito was on some unwritten watchlist of wannabee darklords. Despite the fact that he had a loving relationship with his parents, one of which was a muggle and had good relationships with the muggle servants, well as good of a relationship as you could have with hired help that is. 'What did they expect, yea let's put the most likely to be evil pricks in the same house and hope for the best, what could possibly go wrong.' Vito knew before he was even sorted that he was not a good person, so he never bothered trying. The man he respected most of all was a criminal for christ sake it was not like he was going to try to grow up and be a cop or something but he did have morals that these death eaters all threw away. And if he was going to be a villain he wanted it to be on his own merits not because some stupid hat decided green was his color, but if he does follow through on his life goals he'd be seen as another Slytherin turned bad. Vito let out an audible sigh, he wished someone had burned that stupid hat long ago, would have saved him the headache of this existential crisis.

OOC:
Username

Nothing is more serious than pleasure;
Happiness is impossible to measure.
The only life worth living is leisure...
Nothing is more serious than pleasure.
I like a winner; someone who knows their game-
A truthful sinner; there's no rush to fan the flames.

Xistund

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:02 am
User Image

User Image

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Hษชsแด›แดส€ส แดา“ Mแด€ษขษชแด„ || Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€ || Sแด›แดœแด…ส แดา“ Aษดแด„ษชแด‡ษดแด› Rแดœษดแด‡s

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
                                            Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, I want everyone to take out your wands and take a god long look at them. I'm sure that you all remember what your wands are made of. I want you to write a short paragraph about your wands, and why you might think it chose you."

Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:12 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Huh, the Ollivander family, eh? His father always said they were a bunch of crackpots. Too willing to break tradition. Gavin never really understood what that meant, but his father would usually rant on about the Accionites and how all their progress had been slated clean. As if they didn't even exist anymore. Gavin didn't know how the Ollivander family fit in with the Accionites, he could only guess that his father had once known an Ollivander personally in his youth and nursed quite the grudge over the years. Oh well. Scribbling down most of his notes right away, he dug for his wand in his satchel and turned it over in his hands. He didn't know much about Redwood wands, but was quite familiar with its core, dragon heartstring. โ€Hmmm...โ€

Quote:

Gavin Selwyn, Ravenclaw Second Year

I don't know much about my wand, it is long though; thirteen inches. It's said most wands length can be attributed to one's personality. Well I don't really feel that large in life, maybe it see's something in the future I don't? It's redwood and dragon heartstring; the wandmaker said it was โ€œwhippy.โ€ Redwood is a rarer wand, considering the availability of the tree itself is scarce, much less magical trees. Dragon heartstring is said to produce strong, flamboyant magic; adapts and learns quicker than other cores. I think my wand chose me because it's quietly ambitious. I have big dreams, I think my wand does too.

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
History of Magic Class
Uniform
12 yrs โ˜ช 5' 1" โ˜ช 96lbs
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

[OOC://xXx]

[quote="]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:14 pm
User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

๏ผณ๏ผฅ๏ผฃ๏ผฏ๏ผฎ๏ผคx๏ผน๏ผฅ๏ผก๏ผฒ xxxโ™ฆxxx๏ผณ๏ผฌ๏ผน๏ผด๏ผจ๏ผฅ๏ผฒ๏ผฉ๏ผฎxxxโ™ฆxxx๏ผฒ๏ผฅ๏ผณ๏ผฅ๏ผฒ๏ผถ๏ผฅx๏ผข๏ผฅ๏ผก๏ผด๏ผฅ๏ผฒ

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

Rey took notes as Professor Powell spoke. She had to admit, she never thought much about her wand other than glee at finally having one. When she finished, she pulled it of her pocket and examined it. She still remembered what the wand-maker had said about her wand. After thinking about it, she grabbed an empty parchment and began to write.

Reyna Whyte
                                                      My wand is 13 inches long made of sycamore with a dragon headstrong core. While I can't say much about it's length, dragon heartsring is a popular core that provides a lot of power and is quick to pick things up. Sycamore is a prized wand-wood that thrives with adventure and is known to burst into flames when it's used for normal and mundane activities constantly. As I love to explore and learn and hate being bored, I believe that my wand suits me well and it is for these reasons that my wand chose me.

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
                                                          a txxthe HoM classroomxxxxxw i t hxxher fellow classmates
                                                          f e e l i n gxxrelaxedxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›

o o c
                                                      โ”โ”โ”โ”
                                                      - - - - - - - - -

username

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:31 pm
Get down to Paris; I know a chic restaurant-
Sip from a chalice; we can drink all we want!
We can dance up close, head to head...
My love I shall bestow-
Who says romance is dead?
Mmm, I'm a perfectionist, a perfectionist.

User Image
vฮนฯ„ฯƒฯปฮนะณ
ฯ€ฮนฯ‚ฯƒlฮน

ะฝฮปlา“ฯ‘ฯlฯƒฯƒd ะฝฮตฮนะณ โ”‚ sฮตฯ‚ฯƒฯ€d ฯˆฮตฮปะณ โ”‚ slฯˆฯ„ะฝฮตะณฮนฯ€

Vito took out his wand and looked at it for the first real time since he got it. To him it was just a tool, a very handy tool but a tool none the less. Something like a customized revolver made just for him in mind. He tried to remember what he could about the wood frowning a bit. Upon reflection he was not sure if it was a good sign but he set to work writing.
Quote:
Vitomir Nicoli, Slytherin.
Inflexible Smooth 13 inches made from Beech tree, with a Dragon Heartstring core.
While I'm not confident enough in the subject to say what the rigidity or the length of the wand are supposed to represent. The Breech is said to represent wisdom beyond one's years and are said to work weakly with the narrow-minded and intolerant. The Dragon core is said to be powerful but quick to change alliances. So my best guess to why this wand chose me is because it and I both understand that this is a temporary alliance at best, that sometime in the future either me or it will abandon the other. Though that might be my pessimism speaking.

OOC:

Nothing is more serious than pleasure;
Happiness is impossible to measure.
The only life worth living is leisure...
Nothing is more serious than pleasure.
I like a winner; someone who knows their game-
A truthful sinner; there's no rush to fan the flames.

Xistund

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:00 pm
User Image

User Image

Hษชsแด›แดส€ส แดา“ Mแด€ษขษชแด„ || Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€ || Sแด›แดœแด…ส แดา“ Aษดแด„ษชแด‡ษดแด› Rแดœษดแด‡s

Grayson strode into the classroom, ready to teach. So far, this class had seemed uneventful, however, he had some things in mind for today's class. He wondered about the students' resonses as he wrote the topic for the day on the chalkboard.

Professor Powell
                                            The Deathly Hallows

"Today we're going to talk about the Deathly Hallows. For those from Wizarding families, you may have heard of them before, usually as a bedtime story. However, it would do to inform your classmates of the topic, since they may not know.

"The Deathly Hallows are three highly powerful magical objects supposedly created by Death and given to each of three brothers in the Peverell family. They consisted of the Elder Wand, an immensely powerful wand that was considered undefeatable; the Resurrection Stone, a stone which could summon the spirits of the dead, and the Cloak of Invisibility, which, as its name suggests, renders the user completely invisible. According to the story, both Antioch Peverell (owner of the Wand) and Cadmus Peverell (owner of the Stone) came to bad ends. However, Ignotus Peverell's wisdom in requesting the Cloak was rewarded.

"According to legend, he who possesses these three artefacts would become the Master of Death. The story of the Deathly Hallows was originally told by Beedle the Bard and subsequently passed from family to family as a wizard fairytale. Few wizards ever realized that the Deathly Hallows were genuine items. Most people thought that there were things that Beedle had made up to entertain young wizards and witches.

"No one but Harry Potter has been known to have been in command of all three at the same time, though he was never in possession of them all at once. Albus Dumbledore had possessed all three, but not all at once, similar to Harry, but he was never the true owner of the Cloak. The Cloak was handed down to Harry Potter from his father through Albus Dumbledore, and the Stone was left to him in Dumbledore's will, hidden inside a Golden Snitch. Harry Potter gained the allegiance, but not physical possession, of the Elder Wand upon overpowering Draco Malfoy at Malfoy Manor. Although Draco had mastery of the Elder wand for a time, having gained its allegiance upon disarming Dumbledore before his death, he never knew of it. Potter never made use of more than two Hallows at once because he never had more than two at once.

"Now, here's the question for each of you. I know it's tempting for anyone, but out of the three, which one Hallow would you posess, and why?"

Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:19 am
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:20 am
User Image

User Image

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

Location: History of Magic classroom
                                              Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                              Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:47 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx๐”‡๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฒ๐”ฐ ๐”š๐”ฅ๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฅ๐”ž๐”ก๐”ขxx
โœš Second Year Ravenclaw โœš Muggleborn โœš Chaser โœšxxxxx

User Image

xxxHello darkness, my old friend- I've come to talk with you again
                                              xxxxxxBecause a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping
                                              xxxxxxxxxAnd the vision that was planted in my brain, still remains within the sound of silence
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxIn restless dreams I walked alone, narrow streets of cobblestone

xxโœ˜ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โœ˜ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โœ˜

Deaus was happy to be in the classroom, History was one of his favorites. He kinda wished it was still taught by that old ghost but Professor Powell was alright too. Just still not as cool as a ghost would have been. "Hello Professor, I hoped you had a good summer. We learned about founders of hogwarts." Deaus took his seat, he wanted to say more but he thought he should let other people have a chance to speak before he went on all class about all the awesome things they learned.

โœ˜ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โœ˜ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ โœ˜xx

'Neath the halo of a street lamp, I turned my collar to the cold and dampxxx
                                              When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon lightxxxxxx
                                              That split the night, and touched the sound of silencexxxxxxxxx
                                              And in the naked light I saw, ten thousand people, maybe morexxxxxxxxxxxx

(( ooc : text here ))

Xistund

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 am
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:06 am
User Image

User Image

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Location : History Class - Thursday @ 1:00pm

History wasnโ€™t Juliusโ€™ most exciting class. However, he wasnโ€™t going to skip out. Sitting in class they were just doing review. He remembered quite a bit about what they covered the previous year. From the history of the school to the chamber of secrets, they even talked about the Statute of Secrecy. Raising his hand he figured he might as well contribute if no one else would. โ€œWe talked about the Statute of Secrecy. It is a law written to keep our world hidden from muggles, to protect not only us but them.โ€ He said before leaving the floor open to anyone else. History was usually pretty quiet or at least it was for him last year.

With : Class...

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 am
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:43 am
User Image

User Image

OOC:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out