Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:08 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
                                              Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, I want everyone to take out your wands and take a god long look at them. I'm sure that you all remember what your wands are made of. I want you to write a short paragraph about your wands, and why you might think it chose you."

════════════════════════
                                              Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                              Thinking: ...
                                              OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 pm
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:31 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                              Location: History of Magic classroom
                                              Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                              Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Fellow 2nd years
Mood
Anxious

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Jin watched Professor Powell listening intently but doing his best to not bring attention to himself, the last this he wanted was for his Professor to call him out by name even if he did know the answer. He vaguely remembered bits of the former year but not enough to feel comfortable answering any questions about the year itself

So instead, Jin took to subtly glancing around the room to see if any of his classmates proved that they were braver than him. A thought crossed his mind that there were Gryffindor's in this class so of course at least one
                                                          of them should be brave enough to speak out in class.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Speak here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

username goes here

Fuzzymelonlord

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                              OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:31 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:32 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                              OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:16 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Gryffindor Second YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick went into History of magic, and sat in the first row. This class was probably the best one that was offered that was required, most people thought history was boring, but it was a thrill if you just looked into it deeper, all the people who did marvelous things in their life. "We talked abotu the statute of secrecy and it's relevance to well... all of history." Aldrick was going to continue on, but that would ruin the only one thing per student that was requested by the professor.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Class
With Whom: Second years
Aldrick Description: 4'8" Blond boy with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: School Robes
OOC: Open for interaction

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:35 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
second year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August headed to History with a rare smile-- his lunch had involved an inspired peanut-butter dish and he had just finished writing another scene for his little story project after finishing review of last year’s History notes. As class started, he nodded solemnly--one could never review too many times.

August raised his hand to add to Knapp’s introduction. ”Yes. Established in 1692 following witch hunts, the International Statute of Secrecy has continued to influence wizarding life and muggle-wizardkind relationships."

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:53 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:54 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                              OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27