Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
History of Magic IV (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:37 am
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 history class x 【 MOOD 】 bored x 【 COMPANY 】 fourth years, maisie x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Dmitri didn't mind history of magic, actually he was actually starting to rather enjoy the class...but that didn't mean he liked it so early. Knowing they were just going to be reviewing, as they always did, Dmitri decided to take a seat next to his sister in the back of the classroom instead of up front, so not to have a sort of requirement to participate. However, seeing as his sister wasn't going to participate, and that he'd actually found a bit of interest in the topics their previous year, Dmitri felt a need to raise his hand and answer "We learned about Muggle witch burnings as well..." It was better to give at least some answer that no answer at all, he figured.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:06 pm
There's a war inside of me burning red and honestly-
Any idiot could see that I killed all the hope that I had.
There's a war inside of me, and you watch it silently...
And I wave it constantly like a flag, like a flag, like a flag.
This knife that's in my back keeps twisting; anxiety attacks!
This is a battleground; I'm caught in the crossfire;
My words are weaponry and I'm waiting patiently...

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᶠᵒᵘʳᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander sat in the front, as he always did in History of Magic. All the topics they'd gone over last year had already been covered, to his disappointment. He didn't mind review in this class. If only it wasn't so early in the morning. At least he'd just had breakfast.

OOC:
Username

You win the battle now, but I will return the fire.
'Cause I'd crawl on broken glass to be the one who laughs last!
You're advancing mercilessly; unprovoked and needlessly-
And I'll march you into the sea just to watch you drown in the end.
I am used to these black eyes, to be bruised; antagonized;
But it overwhelms my mind to believe that I call you a friend.
Down the trenches I will go, fight the armies on my own...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

--------f σ υ я т н----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ---------
нυғғlepυғғ vιce capтaιn

Rider skipped into the History of Magic classroom. It was a little bit of dragging class, but Rider enjoyed learning about the history of the magical world. This was new to her... relatively, since once she'd learned she was a witch, she read as much as she could on the magical world. She spotted her friend Dakota sitting at the front, and with a wave to Maisie and Dmitri, she plopped down next to Kota. "Hey Kota, nice morning, eh?" She smiled at her friend. The sun was shining, the castle was bustling and her belly was full of tasty breakfast. It was definitely a nice morning.

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 pm
User Image

User Image User ImageLocation: History - Tuesday @ 9:00am

Dakota looked to Rider as she took a seat next to him. When she asked him about his morning he smiled. "Hey Rider, you bet. You seem in a good mood." he said smiling brightly as he continued to listen to all the answers around the room. He really needed to spend more time to Rider or so he felt. Honestly his Hufflepuff friend's never got the chance to see them other then classes. Maybe he should sit with them in the great hall or something.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class... Professor Powell, Rider

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
Not to mention quite inventive.
You'll find your home in...
Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:31 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:37 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson, unlike last year, was actually prepared to lecture when the students entered the classroom. He was seated behind his desk, but as people filed in, he stood and walked in front of it to stand before them all. He waited until the last of the students found their seats before speaking.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. Today, I figured we could review what was learned in the last class as a refresher for those that may need it. After all, an entire summer has passed, which means you might have had time to forget some of what you may have learned. Please answer one at a time and cover one topic each. That way, hopefully everyone will get a chance to answer and participate."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So do the kids still remember anything from last year or no?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:33 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fouʀth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅳ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅳ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina made sure she arrived in class early enough to have her notes and other materials ready for a lecture by Professor Powell. Being he was her teacher in two of her classes, she was of the mind not to earn his ire, and take care not to say anything which could cause an uproar in his class. Her hand went up when he asked about topics they discussed last year, and she said, after being acknowledged, "We discussed the burning of witches, including the case of Wendolyn the Weird, whom seemed to enjoy using a Flame-Freezing Charm a bit too much."

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Adaline Davenport
Gryffindor, Fourth Year

Arianna walked into History class. She couldn't help how much she hated this class it was dreadfully boring and they always did a recap at the beginning of each year. She should've just skipped the dang class. The girl plopped down into a seat and sat staring out the window with no intent to participate.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: History of Magic - Tuesday @ 9:00am

Heading to history right after muggle mythology, Grace was grateful for the nap she had before potions the day before. Finding a spot next to Selina like always, she took out her stuff for class. Despite the class probably being review she knew it was best to be prepared. Sure enough that’s exactly what history class entailed. With a smile on her face, Grace raised her hand to participate in the days review. “We discussed the famous alchemist and creator of the Philosopher’s stone, Nicolas Flamel.” She stated brightly before falling silent for the next person to go. She loved history no doubt about it. However, Grace couldn’t wait to cover new material.

User Image

With: Class... Selina

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:14 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, ready for another day of class to start. Taking a piece of chalk, he quickly wrote on the board. He then turned to face the class.

Professor Powell
                                            Ancient Egypt and Greece

"Today, we're going to be examining the ancient cultures of Greece and Egypt, and how they used magic. Specifically, we're going to be focusing on several points in ancient history to really get a feel for how they must have interacted with not only the world, but also with Muggles.

"In truth, ancient wizards and witches worked together with muggles, and muggles didn't fear them. Wizards were held in high esteem in that time period, and evidence can be found throughout the ancient world of interaction between the two groups. This particular piece,"
                                            he said, gesturing to the stone tablet that was displayed, "is actually a replica of another tablet that had to be removed from a dig site, as it clearly demonstrated several instances of real magic being performed, such as the curse that was placed on the tomb that this tablet came from.

"There were several notable wizards and witches during this time. Circe was a Greek witch that specialized in transfiguration, and was well-known both in the wizarding world as well as in the muggle community for turning sailors into pigs. There was another named Andros the Invincible, who was well-known for producing a patronus the size of a giant, for which he gained his title. There was also Mopsus, who was a Seer and defeated his rival in a competition of their powers.

"Most wizards and witches worked with muggles on numerous occasions. In Egypt, you can see the evidence for it in the tombs of rulers, as evidence of skeletons warped by magic have survived. These individuals probably ran across the curses ancient wizards placed to protect such sights from graverobbers."

Grayson looked around the room, studying each student before continuing. "Please feel free to ask any questions, or to make any comments. While I know that everyone here might not be interested, at least some of you might be."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fouʀth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅳ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅳ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina made sure she arrived in class early enough to have her notes and other materials ready for a lecture by Professor Powell. However, before she sat down, she took the chance to get a look at the tablets which were there. When she sat down, she started noting down some of the symbols she saw, figuring she'd research them when time permitted. The description of the curse on one of the tablets she thought might make good class discussion material for her Cursebreaking class.

"Were any of the pharaohs witches or wizards, professor?" Selina asked, "or were they usually the Court Priests?"

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: History of Magic - Tuesday @ 9:00am

Ancient times, wasn’t a bad topic for Grace. She had taken Ancient Runes after all and would have taken Ancient Studies as well if not for the fact she had to many electives as is. Seated at the front, the fourth year took detailed notes on the subject of Ancient Greek and Egypt. She was so focused on the lesson time flew by. When Selina asked her question, Grace looked over at her and began wondering about the answer to her question. Honestly her thoughts were that it was amazing how times had changed. Witches and Wizards meaning something once upon a time and now they hid their world away. It was like going into hiding only more for the muggle beings own good. Grace evidently shrugged it off and waited to hear the answer to her friend’s question. Despite not having any questions of her own Grace was still very much glued onto the subject.

User Image

With: Class...

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:28 am
~New Year~

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:30 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson, unlike last year, was actually prepared to lecture when the students entered the classroom. He was seated behind his desk, but as people filed in, he stood and walked in front of it to stand before them all. He waited until the last of the students found their seats before speaking.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. Today, I figured we could review what was learned in the last class as a refresher for those that may need it. After all, an entire summer has passed, which means you might have had time to forget some of what you may have learned. Please answer one at a time and cover one topic each. That way, hopefully everyone will get a chance to answer and participate."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So do the kids still remember anything from last year or no?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:55 pm
User Image
                                                    Take all of your wasted honor
                                                    Every little past frustration
                                                    Take all of your so-called problems,
                                                    Better put 'em in quotations

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

ℱ𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 || ℋ𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 || ℬ𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

════════════════════════

Zeph entered the class, taking a seat and sighing as he heard the word review. Not that he had anything against history, it was just hard to take notes and read them every class. Especially since Professor Powell just talked and talked. Propping his chin up, he just let everyone else speak for him and waited for class to be over.

════════════════════════

Location: History of Magic class
                                                    Thinking: Man, I'm bored...
                                                    OOC:
                                                    Snow

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even if your hands are shaking
                                                    And your faith is broken
                                                    Even as the eyes are closing
                                                    Do it with a heart wide open

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff