Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
History of Magic V (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:23 pm
User Image

◥ ♒ ✖ ♒ Eugene "Jean" Windsor ♒ ✖ ♒ ◤

Ravenclaw Fifth Year Half-Blood Scottish Accent

User Image

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel or just the train?
Lift your arms only heaven knows, where the danger grows
And it's safe to say there's a bright light up ahead and help is on the way

-------- ✦ I forget the last time I felt brave, I just recall insecurity ✦ --------

Eugene arrived at class and sat on any random seat at the second row. He found it okay about History of Magic, maybe because the professor made it better. He sometimes found out how wizard react to witch burnings, wands about flying trending brooms, and about Alchemy. Actually, the Ollivander lesson was the main reason why he picked Wandlore Studies, curiosity got him about how the tree even have potential powers of something. He raised his hand and said enthusiastically, "Oh! Uhm, we learned about the Ollivander family--- who were from the Mediterranean and were one of the most well-known wandmakers in Britain." He withdrew his hand down and looked flustered about his likeness in wands and mysteries. He didn't know who to study with, maybe he and Elijah? After all they both took Care for Magical Creatures and Mythology, but he wasn't sure for now.

-------- Cause it came down like a tidal wave, and sorrow swept over me --------

Depression, please cut to the chase and cut a long story short
Oh please be done. How much longer can this drama afford to run?
Fate looks sharp, severs all my ties and breaks whatever doesn't bend
But sadly then, all my heavy hopes just pull me back down again

With: Fifth Years
Attire: Uniform

Username

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:48 pm
User Image

___________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

User Image

Camila was late, but she didn't even care. Having spent at least an hour longer in the Prefects Bath then she had expected too, she was fully relaxed and blissfully at peace. She didn't even rush to change into her uniform or summon her belongings, hardly hastened her pace to reach the class, and why should she? The first week is always the same, a lush welcome, a 'how was your summer', topped off with a 'refresher' for those who sat in front of the telly all day and let their brain rot (like her brother, for example.) She was confident enough in this class to smile breezily at the professor as she joined the room during mid-discussion, (thankfully he wasn't the type to lock the door like some professors.) So, sliding into a seat and swirling a strong breeze of lavender behind her, she wondered if Morven ever got a chance to try out the baths yet? She cracked and told her on their first night back once they were safe in their dorm rooms for the evening... Say, where is Morven, anyway? Ditching class already? Ballsy. ”We discussed Ancient Egypt and Greece, particularly, the Greek witch, Circe, and Andros the Invincible, and... Mopsus, I believe...?” She didn't know why she said that, she knew it was right, but she couldn't help but feel the doubt of paranoia creeping in.

[OOC:// xxx ]

╔════════════════════╗
═━┈ Fifth Year, Prefect and Vice Captain┈━═
History of Magic Class
Dressed in:
Slytherin Uniform
15 yrs5' 4"126lbs
╚════════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:16 pm
When I was young and unbroken,
I tried so hard to get under everyone's skin.
And so it begins; I braced myself-
Embraced myself, misplaced myself-
And all with a sh*t eating grin!
And the p***k of a pin!
It's a killer life, now on with the show!

User Image
M O R V E N
G R A I N N E
V A S S

SLYTHERINFIFTH YEARBLOOD TRAITOR

Morven slunk in late, with a decidedly unremorseful expression that had the air of 'you should ll consider yourselves lucky I showed up to grace you with my presence'. Grace, curse, same difference, right? "Last year we learned about dear old Herpo the Foul," she announced, rolling her eyes at the name. 'Herpo'. 'Voldemort'. 'Grindelwald'. What was with the ridiculous names for every nasty son of a b***h out there?

OOC:
Username

I built this house with walls of flesh-
And broken bones and skins!
And I must confess that I'm a sweet mess...
I change my guard with no regard;
And I'm not unscarred so far.
But I'm a success of bitter sweetness!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:54 pm
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:56 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Let's see where we have to be for review time...
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:24 pm
User Image
xWendy Madeline Chaistyxxxxx
xxxx<5th Year>

Time: 2030-2031
Dressed: As Expected
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
Wendy took a seat near the front, twirling her quill in her hand as the professor began his lecture. It was so boring. And some of it so basic of knowledge. Granted mudbloods at the very least didn't know the history and should. When he asked for review Wendy raised her hand and said, "We discussed Herpo the Fowl, who was one of the first and most famous dark wizards. He was the first known wizard to make a horcrux, was the first to breed a basilisk, and was a parselmouth. Which is one reason why parselmouths are known to be evil in general."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:25 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: History - Thursday @ 8:00am

Mira walked into history and totally wished she didn't have to sit through it. If she could have just skipped out she would but then she would have been no better then Benjamin. She couldn't bare to hear that one come out of Wendy's mouth. Seeing Wendy, Mira took the opening to take a seat next to her. This time Benjamin couldn't demand she take notes for him. Taking out her quill and parchment, Mira couldn't wait for class to be over and it hadn't even started.

Listening as class got underway, they were doing review. Like they weren't going to do that all year. When Wendy went first Mira listened to her talk about Herpo the Fowl. Once done, the blonde raised her hand after her friend.
"We also discussed Tom Riddle more known as Voldemort. He was a member of Slytherin and became a dark wizard. He also happened to be a parselmouth. He released the basilisk in the chamber of secrets twice on the school. It was ultimately Harry Potter who defeated him in 1988 on the castle grounds." Mira said figuring that was enough information to prove she remembered something.

User Image

With: Class... Professor Powell, Wendy

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:07 pm
User Image

User Image

Ravenclaw │ Fifth Year │ Chaser │ Prefect

Dylan walked into the History of Magic classroom, one of the only classes he had managed to legitimately enjoy over his five years at being a student. Of course, just like in previous years they were doing review, and while he didn't enjoy it, it was necessary. He took a seat in the back, noticing only Wendy and Mira had arrived so far. "We learned about Ancient Egypt and Greece, which kind of speaks for itself." he chimed in.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Emily Vanadeth ❤

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Fifth year|Ravenclaw|15

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin walked into class and sat next to Dylan, greeting with a wave and 'hello'. After that, he remained silent as the professor reviewed. It seemed that everyone had answers so he stayed silent. He was never one to participate in class like that; so he was perfectly fine with letting other people answer. He never was confrontational either; so he wouldn't try to correct anyone, not that any of them were wrong.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:21 pm
User Image

Arianna rushed into class she was running so late and it was so unlike her. She made it just in time and threw herself into the chair right as the professor began the review session. She listened as the other students recapped what they learned last year. She took notes silently not adding anything else to the discussion as she didn't have anything else to add.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:46 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:49 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Let's see where we have to be for review time...
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:40 pm
User Image

Taken By : Tori Macclallan

User Image User Image

Being an early class, Dakota didn’t mind since it was history and he did enjoy history. Taking a seat right up front he couldn’t wait to get into it. Of course he already figured it would be a simple review. With that in mind he’d grazed over the subjects they’d covered previously beforehand. When Professor Powell asked for participation Dakota raised his hand. “We covered the Dark Wizard of Ancient Greek, Herpo the Foul last year. He was the first wizard to hatch a Basilisk and the first to successfully create a Horcrux.” He spoke up before adding. “He was also the earliest known Parselmouth and invented quite a few curses.” How many people would remember that?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class... Professor Powell

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
                                        Not to mention quite inventive.
                                        You'll find your home in...
                                        Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:08 pm
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes.
I know it's daft, but I guess that I know it deep inside.
It feels like we're ready to crack these days, you and I;
When it's just the two of us, only the two of us, I could die.
We're gonna separate ourselves tonight...
We're always running scared but holding knives...
But there's a black chandelier, casting shadows and lies.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ᶠᶤᶠᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈˢᵉᵉᵏᵉʳʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander raised his hand for review with far less reluctance than he did in other classes, and said almost amiably, "We learned about ancient Egypt and Greece, specifically magical tablets being found in ancient tombs, the Greek witch Circe, Andros and his giant patronus, and Mopsus the Seer." He'd come to accept at some point that he actually enjoyed History of Magic, really all history classes.

OOC:
Username

I'll sit in silence for the rest of my life if you'd like.
Dressing our wings with industrial gloves made of wire;
Feel it penetrating the skin, we begin to relax,
When it's just the two of us, and a cute little cup of cyanide.
You left my heart like an abandoned car:
Old and worn out, no use at all...
But I used to be free.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:44 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked to the classroom and over to the chalkboard. He quickly wrote on the chalkboard and then turned to the class.

Professor Powell
                                            Albus Dumbledore

"Hello again class, and welcome back. Today, we're going to discuss probably the most famous headmaster that ever served Hogwarts, as well as the rest of the wizarding world. Albus Dumbledore. Yes, I can hear some of you now wanting to dispute that claim, but that is the opinion of most people. We will try and keep an objective viewpoint however about the topic.

"Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer, was the Transfiguration Professor, and later Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Professor Dumbledore also served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He was a half-blood wizard, the son of Percival and Kendra Dumbledore, and the elder brother of Aberforth and Ariana. His father died in Azkaban when Dumbledore was young, while his mother and sister were later accidentally killed. His early losses greatly affected him early on, even at his death, but in turn made him a better person. Albus Dumbledore was considered to be the most powerful wizard of his time. He was most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicolas Flamel.

"It was through Dumbledore that resistance to the rise of Lord Voldemort was formed, as it was he who founded and led both the first and second Order of the Phoenix. Due to the fact that he had a keen mind and legendary power, Dumbledore became the only wizard that Voldemort ever feared. He was the wielder and the master of the Elder Wand from 1945 until 1997 and considered by many as the greatest Headmaster to ever grace Hogwarts. As he was about to die by a cursed ring, he planned his own death with Severus Snape. Though he was no longer alive at the time, it was through Dumbledore's machinations that Voldemort was ultimately defeated and peace restored to the wizarding world. He is the only Headmaster that was laid to rest at Hogwarts. Albus Dumbledore's portrait still remains at Hogwarts."

He looked about the class, and continued. "Yes, I do realize that that was a generalization of the man, however to cover it all would take several classes, which is actually what I planned to do. Please, should you have any questions, I would be happy to discuss them."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC: ...

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out