Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
History of Magic V (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:02 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindor purebloodcaptain & keeper fifth year

Pru had to fight to keep herself from nodding off. But it was so early, and she was sitting right beside a window full of sunlight... She really needed to stop sitting by windows. What if this was on the exam? Was the exam going to focus more on events or on historical figures? She didn't know. She groaned internally and rushed to catch up with her notes.

OOC:
Username

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:37 pm
User Image

Taken By : Tori Macclallan

User Image User Image

Dakota slid into history a tad on the late side. However he was there and he was seated. Listening to the lecture the Ravenclaw realized that he at least knew a thing or two on Albus Dumbledore. Why? He luckily got researching it since Alchemy mentioned him as well. Taking down detailed notes, he was at least grateful to have done advanced reading on the subject. Sadly they’d be going over Dumbledore for several weeks, which was fine to a point. While it made things less complicated, Dakota knew that he studying a topic for weeks at a time might take a while. Of course Dumbledore was known to be the greatest wizard that had ever lived and as such it was to be expected. Finishing up his notes Dakota remained silent having nothing to say.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Status: Thank goodness I did advanced research...
                                        With: Class...

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
                                        Not to mention quite inventive.
                                        You'll find your home in...
                                        Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:08 am
~New Year~

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:10 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: Let's see where we have to be for review time...
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:16 am
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: History of Magic - Thursday @ 8:00am

Grace never had a problem with history even if it was first thing Thursday morning. "Hello professor." She greeted Professor Powell as she took a seat at the front of the class. As class got started she was reminded of her OWLs. She had been preparing for them seemingly all summer as something to do. It would be hard for her to forget.

Today was review a good way to get the brain working first thing in the morning. Grace thought back to the previous years before raising her hand. "Last year we covered Tom Riddle and how became Voldemort after he finished here at Hogwarts. He went around killing people until he went after a baby and then disappeared. That baby was Harry Potter and they fought here on the school grounds." She answered. Perhaps she read a lot or studied a lot... or maybe she just paid attention.

User Image

With: Class... Professor Powell

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:54 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fifth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅴ Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅴ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina took her customary seat in the front row, next to Grace, shortly before class started. After Grace mentioned a certain Dark Lord, she raised her hand, and offered, "We also covered the exploits of Herpo the Foul, whom was a Dark Wizard in Ancient Greece. He was the first wizard to ever successfully breed a Basilisk, the creator of the Dark Magic device known as a Horcrux, creator of a plethora of curses still in use today, and is one of the earliest known Parselmouths." Selina smiled slightly after giving her answer; nobody could claim she slacked off in her studies over the summer.

════════════════════════
                                            OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:52 am
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked to the classroom and over to the chalkboard. He quickly wrote on the chalkboard and then turned to the class.

Professor Powell
                                            Albus Dumbledore

"Hello again class, and welcome back. Today, we're going to discuss probably the most famous headmaster that ever served Hogwarts, as well as the rest of the wizarding world. Albus Dumbledore. Yes, I can hear some of you now wanting to dispute that claim, but that is the opinion of most people. We will try and keep an objective viewpoint however about the topic.

"Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer, was the Transfiguration Professor, and later Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Professor Dumbledore also served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He was a half-blood wizard, the son of Percival and Kendra Dumbledore, and the elder brother of Aberforth and Ariana. His father died in Azkaban when Dumbledore was young, while his mother and sister were later accidentally killed. His early losses greatly affected him early on, even at his death, but in turn made him a better person. Albus Dumbledore was considered to be the most powerful wizard of his time. He was most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicolas Flamel.

"It was through Dumbledore that resistance to the rise of Lord Voldemort was formed, as it was he who founded and led both the first and second Order of the Phoenix. Due to the fact that he had a keen mind and legendary power, Dumbledore became the only wizard that Voldemort ever feared. He was the wielder and the master of the Elder Wand from 1945 until 1997 and considered by many as the greatest Headmaster to ever grace Hogwarts. As he was about to die by a cursed ring, he planned his own death with Severus Snape. Though he was no longer alive at the time, it was through Dumbledore's machinations that Voldemort was ultimately defeated and peace restored to the wizarding world. He is the only Headmaster that was laid to rest at Hogwarts. Albus Dumbledore's portrait still remains at Hogwarts."

He looked about the class, and continued. "Yes, I do realize that that was a generalization of the man, however to cover it all would take several classes, which is actually what I planned to do. Please, should you have any questions, I would be happy to discuss them."

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:19 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:21 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson watched over his book as his students entered the classroom. This year was OWLs for them, and they definitely needed to make sure that they were up to speed. He didn't know how much they knew, but it was his job to make sure they were prepared for the exams ahead. He was prepared to give it his all, allowing all the students to at least have a good chance with the exams.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. As I am sure that you all know, this year marks your fifth year at Hogwarts, as well as the year that you take the OWLs. I expect that you all will be prepared for the exam, and that is why today and later on this year, we will be revisiting everything you have learned in this class. That way, I know precisely what to focus on for the exam. Today, I would like for each of you to please tell me about each topic that has thus been covered over your years in Hogwarts. One topic per student, and I wish to have everyone please give a response. It will help me to determine what we need to go over before the exams are here. Yes, I do understand that all of your other teachers are also probably giving you this same lecture, but that is so that you are prepared to face the exams and do the best you can in them."

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:50 am
And if the karma patrol take control-
I'm gonna be in trouble.
And if the moral police ask for receipt-
I am gonna burst their bubble.
Richen, smidgen, muddy, smutty...
Who’s your god; I'm not the type to pray-
Except when I fall; I'm only human, after all.

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

ˁᴸʸᵀᴴᴱᴿᴵᴺᶠᴵᶠᵀᴴ ʸᴱᴬᴿᴾᵁᴿᴱᴮᴸᴼᴼᴰᵀᴴᴵᴿᴰ ᴮᴼᴿᴺ

Cy didn't quite hate History of Magic; you couldn't really hate a class like this. Loathe it, maybe, for being presented so mind-numbingly dull. The professor wasn't interesting enough to despise. The material wasn't interesting enough to detest. He would have slipped into a nap had he not been required to say something. "Last year we covered Herpo the Foul. Unfortunate man, unfortunate name." He smiled wanly, and resisted the urge to put his head down on the desk. And possibly bash it against it several times.

OOC:
Username

I played the devil's advocate-
I played into his hands!
I played the fool; I played the victim...
And if you bump into the devil;
Tell him I understand.
Rather the devil you know.
Than the devil you don't.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff PrefectFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingle

Hannah like her history classes, and Professor Powell, as he was her teacher in both History of Magic and Ancient Runes. The stories of how their world came to be were interesting, way more than being just mind-numbing collections of dates and names. She made a point of not sitting anywhere near Cyrus, as the boy gave her this creepy vibe. He'd never done anything to give her reason to fear him, but the little voice in her head told her never to trust him. Raising her hand, Hannah added, "We also studied how Tom Riddle became Lord Voldemort, sir."

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:51 am
~New Year~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:52 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                              OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain