Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Powell's Office Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:02 pm
Professor Grayson Powell's Office
History of Magic

User Image
Former Ravenclaw

The History of Magic professor's office is quite simple, with the exception of the many artifacts and books lining the walls. A wooden desk sits on one end of the office with a rather comfortable chair behind it. Another chair, this one made of wood, is located in front of the desk. The entire office gives off the feeling of a sort of museum with all of the different artifacts from different points in history.

Concerning Missing Assignments
If you happen to miss a class or quiz, please come by the office, where we will discuss the material you missed or, if you missed a quiz, I will allow you to take it. Please be aware that you must complete any missed assignments before the end of term or I will count that against your grade.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Slytherin

• mood: curious

Between classes Juniper knocks on Professor Powell's door. Upon permission to enter, he can see she has a few textbooks with papers stuck into them in various points. "So you said in class to ask questions, but I didn't want to ask a dumb question which I had the answer to right in my book. So I started reading the textbook. Naturally," she gestured to her robe, "I wanted to read up on Slytherin first. And then I got to the part where he left... and that's IT. Literally... I've checked a few other books," she hefts a few books she found in the library. "It seems that someone as influential and noteworthy as he, and a few of the other founders it seems - have little to no information about them. I was wondering if you knew more? Or if that might be a worthy project? Or..." she smiles, "If I might take up more than I should considering I have five other classes... but it's interesting to find out at least if I found a question really worth asking."

{{OOC: .... }}

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:14 pm
User Image

Grayson looked over to the door as the knock sounded. Actually, more like jolted a bit. He'd been reading some material he'd need to go over for his classes, and the sound had jarred him. Straightening himself up, he called out, "Enter!" When he saw the girl that walked into his office, he frowned, trying to remember her name. First year, Slytherin. He nearly snapped his fingers, but stopped himself from doing so as her name finally entered his mind. "What can I do for you today, Miss Masters?"

He listened, curious as she outlined what seemed to be bothering her from class. "Ahh, you, my dear have just stumbled into the realm of detective work." He felt a bit embarassed to admit what followed, btu it was true nonetheless. "Actually, there's not much to go on with the founders. I know that Slytherin and Gryffindor had a falling out, and that Ravenclaw had at least one daughter, but unfortunately that's not much to go on." There was a bit of a glint in his eye as he considered something. "However, I don't think that there would be too much trouble if you decided to ask around." He snapped his fingers suddenly. "I have an idea. You could probably go ask some of the Hogwarts ghosts about the founders. I think at least two of them were around during that time frame." He shivered. "Honestly, I kinda never asked. I was terrified of ghosts as a kid."  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Slytherin

• mood: curious

She looks a bit wary at the mention of ghosts. "Yes, I can see why that would be scary." She thinks a moment, "I'm sure there must be information on the ghosts of Hogwarts, what their haunts, and personalities are - and how old they are. If any might be inclined to talk. They sound awfully scary, but if they were really a danger to students one of the headmasters would have done something, right? I am surprised no one has wondered these things. It seems pretty basic."

{{OOC: .... }}

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:37 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fifth year - ravenclaw
captain
- ravenclaw quidditch team
ravenclaw - female prefect

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi's drooped head glanced up at the pine door with heavy, dark eyes, almost surprised to find her first raised there in position. Swallowing anxiously, she lifted it just little higher and steeled herself before knocking slowly, but solidly three times. Hand immediately falling to the hem of her skirt - where the other was always nervously picking - once it had finished its duty.
The Ravenclaw's eyes staring down the door at a level where she guessed the professor's gaze would be once he opened the door.
If he opened the door.
Phi bit her lip dutifully, reminding herself of her purpose in front of her passionate History of Magic's professor's door. Pushing down the urge to knock again, more feverishly.

{hope you do not mind this unannounced intrusion C: }

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson's eyebrows rose as he heard a knock at his door. Evidently someone decided to come and see him, which was an unusual occurence. Well, might as well not let whoever it is just stand out there waiting.

When he opened the door, he was surprised to see a redhead he vaguely remembered from his classes.
"Hello, Miss... Ichval, correct? How may I help you?"

----------------------------------
State: Curious
OOC: Nope, don't mind, just sorry if I can't seem to live up to some of you guys and your writing abilities.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fifth year - ravenclaw
captain

– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

The girl had found herself having quite correctly calculated the height of the male professor's eyes as he appeared in the open doorway. Phi's fumbling hands stilled slightly at the sight of him, a small smile in greeting playing on her lips. The remembered image of kind, charmingly enthusiastic and dreaming painted by him in his classroom always seeming to be easily found whenever she caught his eye in the hallways. She found him one of the more endearing professors. "Errm, yes," she squeezed, blushing fiercely and clearing her throat and repeating over herself in a stronger voice, "Yes sir. I was, well I was wondering if you could...well, if you could inform me of the existence of a type of magic. A spell or a potion."
{aww, no saying that. you are fantastic. ps. i am going to be throwing a weird request at you so feel free to make up a spell/potion/history what have you if you feel comfortable doing so!}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson frowned for a moment, trying to consider the girl's odd question. That wasn't something usually in his purview, but he could help out if necessary. "It would depend on the potion. If you're looking for the particular history of a potion, I could probably help you out." He gestured into the office, inviting her in to sit down Seating himself, he looked inquisitively at the girl. "So, what potion do you need information on?"

OOC: Okay, I have no problem with that. Just have to figure out a history about it, is all.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:35 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fifth year - ravenclaw
captain

– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phinelia nodded mutely along with the professor's spoke train of thought. Thanking her meekly at his offer to sit. The cushion of the chair was lacking and strangely old, but the comfort and warm sinking her weight met upon sitting in it was oddly nice. Her dark eyes glanced up once more to the professor as she attempted to formate her question and inquiry more cohesively before speaking.
"I need, well, would like to know if there is any magic that could tell a person their ancestry. Tell them their blood type, even. Whether they are Muggleborn or Half blood or P-Pureblood." The temptation of casting her eyes down then, hanging her head, was warm and kind but Phinelia fought it. Keeping lingering eye contact with the professor until he spoke again.
This inquiry had fallen on the old professor of History of Magic with little result and not much pursuit. During that time it had been a curiosity, a wonder in the back of Phi's Ravenclaw mind whether it was possible to know what sort of witch she really was. Now they death of her entire adoptive family had left her yearning for the same answer again - now with a need.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:59 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

He thought for a moment, then rose and walked over to a bookshelf that seemed packed with books. Picking up an older one, he shifted through the pages, seeming searching for it. He at last came to a stop about three-quarters through the book and placed it on the table. "Ironically, there is a potion like that. It's mostly used in the Americas. There are a lot of wizards and witches over in that region that sometimes don't know, so they developed a potion for it. It's mostly useed in situations where the wizard's parentage is in question, and there were a lot of people back in the days that couldn't tell you because of all the moving around to the colonies and all." He shifted slightly, looking a bit worried about why it seemed so important, though he could guess. "You know, it's not such a bad thing being muggleborn, you know. Most muggleborns actually have a squib in their family history and inherit their magic from that. Also, there are quite a few pureblood families that might come up as half-bloods since it wasn't all that long ago that they decided to marry other wizarding families." He looked a bit thoughtful. "If you want to really ask someone, try the Potions professors. They might have more knowledge about the potion necessary to help you out."

OOC: I know that there are a couple of potion professors, but that's up to you to approach them, and I still have to make an office for mine razz

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:12 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fifth year - ravenclaw
captain

– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

She straightened up in every attention at the very word and breath of there being a chance. An option. Spine ridged and set and eyes wide with desperation to hear every word he had to say, her lips sealed themselves.
"Oh, Oh thank you," she breathed, nodding feverishly along with his thoughts being more than capable of imagining the circumstances that were set into the creation of the idea and the potion itself. It was not a large leap of logic to believe it to be found in the Americas.
"Oh no," she gasped, blush rising up to her face and competing in vibrancy with her hair, "No no, I dont think badly of Muggleborns at all! One of my best friends is Muggleborn no, i-its not that at all. I-I just wanted to know w-what I am." her molten eyes gazed up at the professor's tentatively, her teeth biting into her lip in consideration. Pondering over whether she should speak any further, explain any deeper. Express herself to the kind professor that seemed more than happy to help and perhaps even comfort.
"N-no, I am sorry Professor Powell, I shouldn't bother you with my problems. Thank you so much for your help, I will speak to a potions professor as soon as..." her voice had begun to quiet and drift into whisper and air the more she spoke. Rising quickly and fumbling with a part of her robe caught under the chair's leg, blushing again and muttering anxiously.
Rising and bowing and making her way to the door, hoping he would not immediately catch the curiosity that was the fact she did not know what kind of witch she was, where her magic stemmed.
With hand on knob she hesitated a moment, almost hoping he would call her back and ask further. Every other part hoping he wouldn't.

{she hasnt left yet, you can call her back for a heart to heart if you would like to c:
i do like your idea for the potion very much!}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:32 am
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson's eyes widened a bit at the girl's seemingly nervous reaction to his query. He cleared his throat, trying to bring the girl's attention around. "U-um, Miss Ichval, are you all right? You kinda seem out of sorts. Is there anything wrong?" He frowned a bit, trying to figure out the girl, but unfortunately he wasn't that good with members of the opposite sex, so he couldn't tell if it was hormones or something.

OOC: Awkward, thy name is Grayson razz

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:45 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fifth year - ravenclaw
captain

– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi turned on a dime at the voice of his inquiry. Staring at the young wizard silently with wide, darkened eyes that had grown accustomed to looking at little more than her own feet and the ground they stood on. Seeing the emotions and anxiety wave in flashes over the teacher's features, seeing the skin move and brows rise and fall in mixed expressions was beyond refreshing. The vibrance of life in skin and presence in comparison to the dryness of the ever-present ground was won in every instance. She had missed the signs of life in her constant thoughts of the lack of them.
"Oh I-I'm fine. Well not fine, no I am not fine, but I will be all right. I will be okay. Well," she bit into her bottom lip, "That is what everyone tells me I will be."
Her teeth sunk into skin as her eyes flashes with embarrassment at her outburst. She had said far too much, her shoulders stiffened and her eyes shot down to the ground where it was safe and neutral. "Oh Merlin, Im sorry sir, I didn't mean to, Oh god!" Phi shrieked as she felt the papers and books she had clutched her her chest slide out of her grasp, spreading over the floor. She jumped down to collect them, small hands reaching out to keep the notes from drifting any further.
"Oh," she sighed, all the fire from her blush and anxiety suddenly evaporated and leaving her limp. "You are right, I am rather off. I am sorry, I will work on it. Thank you," she whispered, catching his eyes as she rose up with everything once more in her grasp, "for answering my question. I hope I did not take too much of your time."

{precious powell, let me pet you}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:35 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson just shook his head, trying to figure out what was going on, and then mentally shrugged it off. Honestly, who knew women could be so much trouble? "No, not at all. I'm just hoping that you are back to your old self soon."

OOC: Gah, that was a crappy post, hopefully it isn't that bad.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:02 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
fifth year - ravenclaw
captain

– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

She smiled kindly, feeling her anxiety ebbing away. "Thank you Mr Powell," Turning and finally leaving in a proper way, managing it more gracefully as well.
Bowing in farewell before exiting through the doorway and into the cool castle hallway. Feeling the smile on her face lingering with her new lead and the thought of being able to pretend there was still life in her departed family members. That Powell's oblivion to the death of her Muggle Family allowed her mother, father, two brothers and sister to smile with as much life as he did. Spark of curiosity in their eyes as bright and passionate as it was in his.

[EXIT]

{all good man!}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Professor Offices

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items