Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Professor Offices
Professor Powell's Office Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:50 pm
Chloe Clarisse
Hufflepuff
Third Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Professor Powell's Office

Chloe walked down the halls to her history professor's office. She had a question she wondered if he could answer. She hadn't wanted to bring it up in class mainly because she didn't know how to word it and didn't want to come off sounding stupid. Chloe wasn't sure if he could answer her question but she was sure that he would be willing to give it his best shot. Bringing her hand to the door she knocked on it hoping that he was in there.

With: Professor Powell

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Whiskers the Cat

Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:33 am
User Image
User Image

Now where did I put that wand?

Powell looked up as he heard a knock at the door. He had been working on notes for his next class, and was slightly surprised to be getting someone at his office. He put the quill down and looked over to the door. "Come on in." He placed both hands on the table, fingers interlocked as he waited.

----------------------------------
State: Distracted
OOC: Sorry about the lateness of this post, was exceedingly busy all of May >_<

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:25 pm
Chloe Clarisse
Hufflepuff
Third Year

At the sound of Professor Powell's voice Chloe let herself in. "Hello Professor." Chloe said as she walked in. "I have a question. It's probably a little bit out of the ordinary and you may not even be able to answer it." she told him. "Last class started getting me thinking... How is it that some muggleborns have magical talent?" Chloe asked him. "In fact, how is it that any witch or wizard has magical talent like where did it even come from?" she added. These questions burned in her mind magic was a very mysterious thing.

OOC: That's quite alright.

User Image
Whiskers the Cat

Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:43 pm
User Image
User Image

Powell cocked an eyebrow at the young teen. Well, that was something he didn't hear asked everyday. It took him a bit to think, since this question kind of hit a bit close to home for himself, too. "Well Miss Clarisse, it's actually kind of interesting. There's obviously those that scream about muggleborns stealing magic from purebloods and creating squibs in the process, but I recall something about someone postulating that there was actually some magical blood in muggleborn families that cause them, under the right circumstances, to have magical children. They also speculated that a squib in the family tree was actually responsible for the magical trait, and it was suppressed in them, but wound up revealing itself in later generation." He looked appraisingly at the teen. "Does that answer your question?"

State: Curious
OOC: ...

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:22 pm
Chloe Clarisse
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Chloe told him it was an odd question. Listening to the Professor's answer she was fascinated by it. "So basically the magical trait is dormant and then somewhere down the line it reveals itself. That makes sense." she said realizing that that theory could very well be true. "Thank you so much for your help Professor." Chloe loved magic but more so in how it showed itself.

User Image
Whiskers the Cat

Diamond_Wales

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:05 pm
May I please have make-up assignments for Corabell (2nd year), Daniel (3rd year) and Shina (6th year) for this semester? Thanks!  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:04 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 13
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Third Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

TIME: THURSDAY EVENING 1st WEEK OF CLASSES, between Block 7 and Block 8

David walked to Professor Powell's Office, shaking his hand. The writing of the essay wasn't too terrible for him-actually he was pretty sure he went a bit over the 500 word requirement. You couldn't say he didn't know what was going on in classes, after all there was a reason he particularly didn't care for review-he didn't need it because either he had retained the information or had done the review on his own, like he generally felt he should. After dealing with the charged healing class, and the Snow girl after class the day before, he hadn't managed to squeeze in stopping by Professor Powell's office to drop off his punishment assignment.

Actually the only thing that was particularly inconvienent for David was the fact after writing thirty repetitive lines of what he didn't consider was entirely true, his hand was killing him and he couldn't get the stupid line out of his head... he kept seeing it in his own hand writing repeating on the parchment again and again. The disadvantages of having a good memory for what was written he supposed.

With a sigh he knocked on the door and held out his folded piece of parchment which included the following:

The Ollivander Family:
The illustrious Ollivander wand family, the last Ollivander, Garrick Ollivander owning the famous wandshop Ollivander’s, arrived to England in 382 BC. This was approximately the same time the Romans had arrived to England. At the time the quality of wands used by Briton wizard and witches was considered far inferior to other wands used by other nationalities. The first Ollivander upon seeing this problem decided to begin his illustrious wand business in England to provide far superior wands to the Briton wizarding community.
It should be noted that the Ollivander family was primarily responsible for providing all witches and wizards of England their wands into the Second Wizarding War. The last Ollivander owner of Ollivanders, Garrick, was responsible for providing a variety of famous wands such as the wand of Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort’s original wand which he used throughout school under the name of Tom Riddle and for most of his lifetime.

Garrick Ollivander, also, had the notable knack of being able to remember every wand ever sold in his shop. He was also very particular about the quality of the wands he sold and particularly the core of wands he used. Garrick Ollivander felt that three cores were superior in wandmaking-unicorn hair, dragon heartstring, and phoenix feather- therefore he focused his wandmaking on wands with those cores, while other wand cores also are more popular by other wandmakers.

The Deathly Hallows:
The Deathly Hallows refers to three objects which according to the children’s tale once combined would make one the ‘Master of Death’. These objects were said to be created by Death and given to the Peverell brothers. Regardless of their origins, all three were located by Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ronald Weasley by the end of the Second Wizarding War. The first object is referred to as the Elder Wand and was owned by the oldest of the Peverell brother and it over the years exchanged hands often through a bloody history and its belief to be an ‘unbeatable wand’. The wand was once owned by Albus Dumbledore and for some time had its possession taken by Lord Voldemort. The second item is the resurrection stone which was originally possessed by the second Peverell brother. The resurrection was originally changed to a ring which was taken possession by the Guant family, which is Lord Voldemort’s mother’s side. The Resserection Stone, in its ring form, was one of Voldemort’s many horcruxes. Finally, there is the Invisibility Cloak which was owned by the youngest of the Peverell brothers. This was believed to grant the wearer invisibility from death itself. What is known for sure about the cloak, is unlike other invisibility cloaks the power of the cloak to render the wearer invisible to the human eye remains unchanged.

Beedle the Bard:
Beedle the Bard was a 15th Century writer of wizarding fairy tales, most famous for the writing of The Tales of Beedle of the Bard which included the story “The Tale of Three Brothers” which is the story of the acquiring of the Deathly Hallows from Death. He was born in Yorkshire, England and unlike many of his contemporaries seemed to hold muggles in higher esteem than other witches and wizards of his time.

1-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”

2-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
3-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
4-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
5-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
6-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
7-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
8-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
9-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
10-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
11-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
12-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
13-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
14-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
15-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
16-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
17-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
18-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
19-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
20-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
21-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
22-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
23-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
24-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
25-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
26-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
27-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
28-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
29-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”
30-“I will not lie in Professor Powell’s class and cause other’s to lie in class as well.”

He wondered how Leonette managed on her own assignment as he waited for the professor to answer the door. His dark eyes narrowed as he crossed his arms. Leo probably would have gotten off without the punishment if she hadn't spoken up. He still hated review and he wasn't particularly fond of the subject of history-even if it was easy enough for him to memorize. Just because you were good at something never meant you liked the class. And, he kept neutral enough about people it wasn't like any punishment Professor Powell doled out would influence his opinion on the subject one way or another.

User Image
Pet: Annabella

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

{OCC: And to have David turn in the assignment, because he's the type to do so... rolleyes Though, on the bright side with my computer there's copy and paste for those lines. sweatdrop }

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:42 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Professor Powell's Office (Thursday Evening Week 1)

Leonette made her way to Professor Powell's Office around dinner hour. She needed to hand in her assignment if that's what you wanted to call it. She'd certainly learned her lesson never to talk in class again while things were going on. Turning down the hall she noticed David had the same idea she did. Rushing down the hall and over to him she stopped beside him.

"Hey David I see you had the same idea I did." Leonette said as she glanced at the door. "I managed to get it done of course not without the book attached to my head the entire time." she added before glancing down at her parchment. Man did she hope it was good enough...

Leonette Mitchell
Last year we covered three topics: Ollivander Family, The Deathly Hallows, and Beedle the Bard.

The first I’m going to write about is the Ollivander Family. The Ollivander’s were known for making the best wands in the world. They’ve been making wands since 382 B.C. The first of the Ollivander family to establish the business of wand-making was Geraint Ollivander. The business was set up in Diagon Alley and it is the place where many wizarding families go to get their wands, my family included. There is also a shop in Hogsmeade that is branched off of the shop in Diagon Alley.

The Ollivander family was known to use primarily three different wand cores: Phoenix Feather, Unicorn Tail Hair, and Dragon Heartstring. They also use other cores but those three cores are what they’re known for. Garrick Ollivander was the last Ollivander to own the wand shop before he passed away. However when he was alive it was said he could recall every wand he ever sold.

Next topics go hand in hand, are as followed Beedle the Bard and the Deathly Hallows. Beedle the Bard was a fairytale writer in the 15th century. He was born in Yorkshire, England and during his life he wrote the Tales of the Beedle the Bard which includes the following tales: The Wizard and the Hopping Pot, The Fountain of Fair Fortune, The Warlock’s Hairy Heart, Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump, and The Tale of the Three Brothers which brings us to the last topic of discussion, the Deathly Hallows.

The Deathly Hallows, are three very powerful magical objects that were said to be created by Death himself. Some believe The Tale of the Three Brothers refers to those three objects and that the three Peverell brothers were the inspiration for the story. In the story the objects otherwise known as The Elder Wand, The Resurrection Stone, and the Invisibility Cloak were given to three brothers by Death upon their asking. All three wanted to cheat death and ultimately died because of it, although one of the three died of natural causes unlike the other two.

The Elder Wand is considered an undefeatable wand with immense power, the Resurrection Stone could summon any spirit from the dead, and the Invisibility Cloak makes you invisible. It is said that whoever has the three objects would become the Master of Death. Rumor has it that Harry Potter is the only one who has had command over of all three of the Deathly Hallows. During class last year we were asked which one we would choose if given the choice, many said that they wouldn’t want any of them which I found hard to believe. Then there were quite a few that said they wanted the Elder Wand. I still believe that as great as the Elder Wand would be I’m happy with my current wand and would much rather have the Invisibility Cloak. Like the third brother in the story I’d rather not make myself a target for death to come find me.

1. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
2. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
3. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
4. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
5. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
6. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
7. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
8. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
9. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
10. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
11. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
12. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
13. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
14. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
15. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
16. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
17. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
18. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
19. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
20. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
21. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
22. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
23. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
24. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
25. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
26. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
27. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
28. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
29. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.
30. I will not lie in Professor Powell's class.

Status: There on the bright side there's no way I'll forget what I wrote
With: class... David, Professor Powell

Wearing: Gryffindor Uniform

mc2
Diamond Wales

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:50 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

"Well, if anything from second year shows up on your OWLs, you can be confident to get those answers right," David said, seeing Leonette, and commenting on the essay they had to write. "The essay wasn't that bad... but I the lines are what killed me. I still don't think my hand has recovered, entirely. Actually, I was half tempted to get an enchanted quill to write the lines for me. Problem is I'm fairly sure Professor Powell would have caught on to the differences of handwriting."

"Actually, I wonder if I just write an essay for any of my reviews in the future, I could just get out of attending review classes," David said with a shrug. "Seems preferable to me. Anyways, I hope that your time with the textbook didn't make you forget what I said before Professor Powell caught us."

"And, no, I didn't make any first year cry. That was someone else. Actually, it was a bit of an over-reaction on the girl's part to an overly harsh statement. Someone merely sided with my chastising of the first years and the fact I obviously wasn't in the mood to deal with them. She claimed I wasn't being a jerk," David said with a shrug. "Actually come to think of it, this has been an odd week. I got a Slytherin in my Healing Class to tell off the professor about how she was out of line for her blunt statement that 'even non-notable healers can save lives' and 'notability in the field doesn't necessarily make one qualified to treat patients'. The professor has a point, but it wasn't like she said you couldn't be notable or the best and not be qualified to treat patients, as well."

He shrugged, "Odd week so far, like I said. Well, we better hand these in. Since I did my essay from memory it should be fairly evident that we didn't work together on these things."

User Image

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:37 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Professor Powell's Office (Thursday Evening Week 1)

“No kidding.” Leonette said knowing the chances of her forgetting her second year material was slim. “I’d rather just stuck with the lines personally.” She replied. It took less time for her to write the lines then the actual essay. As such she’d preferred the one versus the other. Not that she enjoyed lines but it beat writing five hundred words on a page about things she’d already learned. “Why didn’t I figure that was something you would say?” she said laughing a bit at David’s way of getting out of review. Yeah write a report so you don’t have to come to class. That was David for sure.

Leonette shook her head. “No, I didn’t forget don’t worry I promised remember. Trust me I don’t break promises but I don’t think I’m going to need that quiz on the way there at least not for second year history topics.” Leonette smiled. She couldn’t possibly break her promise not to David of all people. “Man she sounds brutal.” She said before added. “It sounds to me like you’re having one superb year what with the sorting feast, your healing Professor, and us in History class. Anything else causing you grief this year…?”

“Oh and I believe it wasn’t your fault.” Leonette added before nodding in agreement. “I’m not worried about that.” She said knowing that comparing them they should be different so it would be a fair indicator that they didn’t work with one another. “You’re right the sooner we hand these in the better.” Leonette couldn’t wait to get it handed in and out of her mind for good. With that Leonette knocked on Professor Powell’s door.

mc2
Diamond Wales

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:52 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

"Well, I mean I take my notes from the textbook before every class, anyways, so I more or less have the foundation of any essay already," He said with a shrug. "And, then I just add anything in lecture that wasn't already in my notes or mark the most important points. And, since my notes are all organized by subject and date, it isn't that hard to find what I need if I do forget something. Hmm... maybe my sister is right about me needing to lighten up on my study habits as they are border-lining obsessive by this point... of course I did pretty much the same back in prepatory school," He said added. When Leonette said she hadn't forgot her promise he couldn't help but smile and say, "Well, we should figure out a time, then. I have the far more flexible schedule than you do, so I would say it is more dependent on your schedule."

"And, about my healing professor, she isn't particularly brutal but more serious about her field, from what I can tell. Besides her poor sense of taste-she has a vulture as a pet of all things- I really don't have any complaints. She's organized and seems fairly competent. I'm more worried about having to deal with Sapphire Snow than the professor. Besides, we lucked out in having a metamorphagus as a professor. She's fairly easy to read in the end." He chuckled when Leo added about him having a supurb year with everything going on so far, "Anyways, the year is just beginning, who knows it just might get more exciting. And, most things don't cause me particular grief or not. I'm more worried about the holiday break than anything that could happen at school. Dad may luck out and be able to avoid seeing my grandparents, but I'm pretty sure I can't dodge that one this year, especially since they will pull the sympathy card of not getting to celebrate Christmas or the birthday of one of their favorite grandsons. Mum will buy it, Cathy will eat it up, and Dad, well, he'll figure if he can get out of going and the less of the family that has to show up the better. Someone's got to be the scapegoat and almost surprisingly, their story is partially true."

He shrugged, "Anyways, I have some time before worrying about that and I guess I'll probably get something of interest out of seeing them... always do." With a sigh he watched as Leonette knocked on the door and waited for the professor before adding, "Couldn't we just push our assignment under the door and leave. It isn't like Professor Powell said we had to see him, right? Or I think so... I'm sorry I have those stupid lines stuck in my head still. I'm pretty sure the word count for my lines was over the number of required minimum of words for the essay." Pausing he thought about it doing the math in his head, "Oh, right it was. 510 words verses a required 500 word essay. And at least writing an essay I could stick purely to facts and actually could put a little creativity in to it." It was obvious, that to David the only thing that really bothered him about the punishment was the lines and the lines were a pretty big aggravation to him. An essay at least served as extra review-though unnecessary he felt- the lines were just monotonous torture.

User Image

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:32 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked up to his door, his nose in a book as he navigated the hall with ease. It wasn't until he got to his own door that he looked up and realized that there were students. At his door. Blinking a bit, he allowed himself a moment to recall what exactly the situation was with the two he was seeing before it clicked. Talking in class. They had been asigned an essay and lines. And now he was standing there staring at the students for a bit probably not making the best impression. Sighing, he closed his book and tapped his door with his wand. "Mr. League, Miss Leonette, I see you got here on time. I trust that you happened to bring what I assigned to you?" He let them into his office, and when he got to his desk, he didn't sit behind it. Instead, he leaned against it and crossed his arms, looking from one to the other. "I also trust that the experience at least taught you that you shouldn't speak suring review unless it is on the subjects you happen to be reviewing. I don't care what you two were discussing, but if it had nothing to do with the class, then you might want to do it outside of classes. Am I understood?"

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Well, at least they both came on time...
                                            OOC: ...

mc2

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 am
User Image

“No offense your study habits are the best I’ve ever seen but I kind of agree with your sister on that one.” Leonette told him before thinking about when she’d be free. “Well I’m free pretty much all weekend aside from Saturday mornings.” She answered him. “So if you want we can get together and head off to Hogsmeade Saturday afternoon if you wanted too.” She suggested. She’d never been to Hogsmeade aside from the station so she was kind of excited to see what it was all about.

Leonette blinked a moment as the fact that his teacher had a pet vulture. “Um… that’s an interesting choice for a pet I got to admit.” She said before realizing something. “Sapphire Snow that’s the Slytherin you got to tell off your professor…?” Leonette couldn’t believe that her cousin was dating Sapphire’s cousin it was just weird and there was something about Sapphire Leo just didn’t like.

“I hate when family pulls the sympathy card. Luckily I don’t have family that does that all too often.” Leonette said remember she’d probably be heading home this year for Christmas well unless her Dad decided to work again. It was always a last minute thing but usually she’d either go home or stay with her cousins if they decided to stay behind.

“David, we can’t do a thing like that…” Leonette told him. “Um, honestly I don’t remember but I’m sure we better be safe than sorry right?” she told him before giggling. “Don’t worry David I’m sure you’ll push the lines out with more important information.” She added with a smile. “Is he even in his office…?” Leonette added before seeing their professor come down the hall.

Leonette gave a light nod before being let into Professor Powell’s office. Listening to her history professor she knew what she did was wrong. Granted review was boring and she’d much rather talk through it but perhaps that’s why she liked more hands on subjects. “Yes Professor.” Leonette said. She was just grateful her father didn’t hear about this.

mc2
Diamond Wales

Gryfindor you say?
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:44 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

David shrugged when Leonette answered with a time, "That time works for me." When David asked about the girl's name who told off Professor Dechering. "Yes, Sapphire Snow. It's hard to forget the name considering, the professor's reaction. The professor was annoyed enough for her hair to turn red. And, then of course, when I ran into Miss Snow later she had the audacity to challenge to best me in healing class at the very least. It is almost comical. Anyways, why? Do you know her?" He ended curiously, then again, if Leo and Sapphire knew each other it might explain the Slytherin's entertainment at the rumor connecting him and Leo from the year before.

He didn't bother answering about family pulling the sympathy card. Honestly, considering where his birthday fell he had never remembered anyone but his mother's parents or his sister bothering to specifically mention his birthday since he was around six or seven. However, Leo's appalled reaction at David's suggestion just to ditch the assignments and disappeared made him chuckle some and her confidence that he could push out the lines with more important information. And, at that point Professor Powell called both of them into his office and stated he trusted that they brought the punishment assignments required of them and then gave them a short speech about speaking during review. Leonette answered with a polite 'Yes Professor' but David couldn't quite let the issue rest.

He handed the assignment over and said, "I learned to bring extra readings to keep me busy during review so I don't drag anyone else into my dislike and disregard for in-class review." He nodded his head to Professor Powell and said, "And I hope you have a good evening, Professor."

Pausing at the door, he said, "That is all, correct, sir?"

User Image

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:15 pm
User Image
𝔸𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕒 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // fancying Grayson Powellspace
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely in Grayson's Officespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Graysonspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Determinedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This has gotten completely ridiculous...' spacespac

დ დ დ The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes
But we are hiding in a safer place.
დ დ დ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata had been deliberating over this for a while now; particularly with the coming and going of the holidays. Winter always had an odd way of making her reflective... and happy. The last of the oppressive cloud that'd been lingering over her since her father's death had finally moved on. With that, a sudden clarity had settled in... and made her realize she was being completely ridiculous. No wonder Ciaran spent the majority of his time rolling his eyes at her, honestly! She'd been tiptoeing around her feelings for Grayson for ages now, all because she was afraid that if she were up-front with him, he'd... what? The worst thing he could do was reject her, right? Of course, there was that increasingly annoying thought that if she made an actual move on the man, he'd just blink and go back to his books... which would be completely humiliating, but she'd suffered far worse. Hell, after some of the break-ups she'd had, that sounded like a walk in the park. Except that she found she was rather more fond of Grayson than she was of her exes, and she hadn't particularly cared about maintaining a friendship with them after the fact, whereas she'd be rather upset if she ruined her friendship with Grayson...

spaceThe blonde frowned and gave her head a shake; she was going to talk herself out of this if she kept that up, and she absolutely refused to talk herself out of it. She was a Gryffindor, dammit! She wasn't supposed to shrink away from things just because they scared her! It'd been a rather long time since her more lion-esque traits had made an appearance, but over the break, she'd suddenly began berating herself for being so timid. It wasn't in her nature, not really. She didn't quite know what'd gotten into her. It stopped now, she'd decided... a week ago. Of course, the reason she'd taken so long to actually get around to this was that she'd been busy... well, and she hadn't really known what exactly her move should be. A date sounded so... juvenile. But, then, so did saying she had a crush on a coworker. And really, what else was she going to do? She'd already thrown herself at him once... which she doubted if he even remembered, since he'd been rather disoriented. Or, maybe she just hoped he didn't remember. She certainly liked to pretend it hadn't happened.

spaceThe knock on his office door was firm, hopefully loud enough to draw his attention. She had no doubt that she'd walk in and find him with his nose buried in some book, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even notice her presence for a moment. She entered the office with a light flush and coughed a bit for his attention. "Ah, evening, Grayson," she said with a light smile and a wave. If she were lucky, she'd manage to do this without looking like some idiot teenager. She had to admit, she rather felt like one. And, it'd been a very, very long time since she'd asked a man out. Hell, it'd been a long time since she'd had a date at all, let alone been the one to do the asking. After a while she'd just... given up. Which was ridiculous, and part of why she had talked herself into this. Besides, there was no time like the present, right?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          დ დ დ Under covers staying dry and warm
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore.
                                                          დ დ დ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Professor Offices

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff