Picking Out A Parrot?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ParrotTamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm
Hi, everyone!

First. I want to start of with the fact that I have tons of experience working with birds/parrots of all kinds.

I feed a high quality diet to all of my birds, and love all of them. I've cared for birds from Budgies to Hyacinth Macaws.
However, I'd like some other 'parrot people' advice on which bird should be MINE. razz

I currently own a Sun Conure, and he is my baby, along with a breeding pair of Green Cheek Conures, but I would very much like to get a larger bird now. But not as big as say, a Green Wing Macaw.

I've dealt with hundreds of different species of birds. But I can't decide on which bird I want for me. I've considered Alexandrines, Severe Macaws, Citron 'toos, etc but I'm having a hard time deciding because, well, I honestly just love all of them.

Here are some traits I'm looking for:

First and foremost, I want a tolerant bird. One that I can 'play with'. (Grab, pet, touch, etc.)

I can deal with noise, but I'd like to steer clear of noise makers like umbrella 'toos if you know what I mean.

I love tons of personality.

Finally, I really want a bird that will mostly bond to me and give affection. And I'd like it to at least tolerate being held by others.

I'm sure I'm leaving some things out, (it's late) but if you have any additional questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:08 pm
I believe that parrots are wild animals and should not be pets. Plus a lot of parrot species are going extinct because of the over exploitation of the exotic birds.  

KissJohnnyDepp

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff