Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Friendly Debate
The days of Noah

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tantei_Saru3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:33 pm
Those are the kind of days we're living in. Now, of course we can't completely sure, as it should be, but am I wrong to believe we're living in the last days? In other words, is the rapsher near? I believe it to be so. Personally, I don't even think we're gonna have to wait another 50 years, and to cover my bases, I most definitely believe we won't reach the year 3000.

And if someone could help me out, I remember hearing a story in the bible about a sick man, who was passed by a priest, and a some type of government official guy. This dude was dying and these guys just walked on, but then Jesus came, walking his donkey... or a mule lol Sorry, my mind's a little spotty xD Um, Jesus took the man and put him on his donkey, then took him to the nearest inn, and told the innkeeper that he would be back in two days. Does any of that ring a bell? And it doesn't HAVE to be a priest, but someone of that caliber.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:25 pm
Tantei_Saru3
Those are the kind of days we're living in. Now, of course we can't completely sure, as it should be, but am I wrong to believe we're living in the last days? In other words, is the rapsher near? I believe it to be so. Personally, I don't even think we're gonna have to wait another 50 years, and to cover my bases, I most definitely believe we won't reach the year 3000.

And if someone could help me out, I remember hearing a story in the bible about a sick man, who was passed by a priest, and a some type of government official guy. This dude was dying and these guys just walked on, but then Jesus came, walking his donkey... or a mule lol Sorry, my mind's a little spotty xD Um, Jesus took the man and put him on his donkey, then took him to the nearest inn, and told the innkeeper that he would be back in two days. Does any of that ring a bell? And it doesn't HAVE to be a priest, but someone of that caliber.

It's not wrong of you to think that. There have been a lot of news articles and stuff suggesting the end times coming. A lot of believers as I've noticed are feeling it in their gut that we're living in it or it's almost here. But we are all certain about one thing: the end will definitely come!

I honestly don't think it'll reach the year 3,000 myself. I'm uncertain if we're living in the end times, but I feel that what we're experiencing is like the prequel...like what is happening right before the end times and that perhaps it's showing of things that are bad, but we need to be prepared for much worse. In the end times, things will happen that most people couldn't have ever imagined.

What you are thinking about is The Parable of the Good Samaritan. This can be found in Luke 10:25 - 37 NIV:

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

“What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

“You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

*Jesus wasn't the one who helped the man, but a good samaritan that Jesus had talked about in a parable. Jesus was only telling the story, but that's an easy thing to get confused because Jesus was kind and loving and I'm sure he would've been that good samaritan smile  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:07 am
Tantei_Saru3

To me it seems kind of unfair that some would escape being tried, and executed while others have to suffer and die for their faith. I have some troubles with the rapture of the saints, but it is another topic all together so we won't take that here.

Paul also mentioned how the end time person will be;

2 Timothy 3:2 - 3:5
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Sounds a great deal like how people are now a days...
Another thing; In the days of Noah there were giants, the offspring of
human women and the Sons of God. It seems it was very common back then,
as we progress through the history beyond the flood they were less and less common. Not saying there will be another group of fallen angels impregnating women on earth again, but it is worth taking note of.

God said the heart of men were constantly filled with evil, there was no good in them, from they got up in the morning until they went to be all they thought was evil. When ever Jesus returns, we know how it will happen, and that it happens at a good and appropriate time.

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Zechariah 14:1 talks about Jesus’ return to the Mount of Olives. We read that as soon as Jesus’ feet touch the Mount of Olives it will split in two! Half of the mountain will move northwards and the other half southwards. As can be imagined, this will cause a huge earthquake which will affect the whole world. The central region of Jerusalem (Mount Zion) will be raised up above the surrounding hills.

Psalm 72:7,8
"In his [Jesus’] days the righteous shall flourish, and abundance of peace, until the moon is no more. He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:27 pm
It's not the time. The time now is the time of sorrows. Then the time.of Grace ends, then the time of Chaos, then the end of times. All referenced in scriptures. At this moment, we are in the book of Acts.  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

Knight in Borrowed Armor

Blessed Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:10 pm
For some reason I believe we won't even reach 2030 with all the natural disasters and wars.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:09 am
We have been and are in the "latter days/last days" since Christ appeared the first time:

Hebrews 1.2:
but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

and

1Peter 1.13 Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 15 but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy." 17 And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, 18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. 22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, 23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God; 24 for "All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, 25 but the word of the Lord remains forever."And this word is the good news that was preached to you.

====
The Bible speaks of Jesus first appearance and his second coming..... the "Rapture" is an erroneous doctrine, IMHO.... we don't have an escape hatch or get out of jail free card in this world, but I will leave off there, as I do not wish to engage in yet another debate about this topic (of which, I've had too many in my lifetime LOL!)

As you can see by the witness of scripture itself, we ARE in the last days ... anyone saying anything different is lying to you.

Peace and blessing  

SolaceSerenitySerendipity

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:19 pm
Tantei_Saru3

I believe that we are much closer than that. Jesus could return for His Bride the Church any day now. We need to be watchful and await His return.
Maranatha!

For a more in depth study here is a good link:
http://informedchristians.com/index.php/Articles/how-much-prophetic-time-is-left  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:40 pm
Tantei_Saru3

I believe we're in the end of times, for so many reasons.. However, there are certain things that need to happen before the rapture, which is the same day that Christ comes and the same day prophesied of as 'the great and terrible day of the Lord.'

The two places that most people look to understand the events of the end times are in Matthew 24 (and it's retellings in the other gospels), and Revelation. These may be a good place to start reading and learning about the the events of the end of times. However, they don't provide all of the puzzle pieces. (There are prophecies of the end times throughout the entire old testament. Nearly all of the prophets speak of it, I've found - Joel, Micah, Isaiah, Jermiah - these are the ones I know for sure.) The old testament carries so many end times prophecies that most people are completely unaware of.. Because, in truth, they are harder to understand. But I can help teach you something that can help you begin to piece things together.

You will find that the key to understanding prophecy is recognizing references to other books. Or recognizing when the same phrases are repeated. When this happens in the Bible, it provides a distinction to the reader. It's saying "hey, this thing spoken of here is the same thing spoke of in this other book."

For example, I will use the phrase "the sun and moon shall be darkened." This phrase occurs all throughout the Bible, and it's used to help the reader make the connections between different retellings of the exact same event in different books. The event spoken of every time this phrase is used is the day of the wrath of the Lord. So let's look at a few uses of this phrase (in blue):

Isaiah 13:9-10 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Joel 13:14-15 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Matthew 24:29-30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come

So we see that the repeated use of this phrase tells the reader "hey, all of these chapters are about the same thing" - the day of the Lord, which is the same day Christ comes. So you then know, whenever you see this phrase pop up in scripture - it's talking about the end of times and the things that come to pass near the time of the coming of Christ.  

CherieBunnie

Sugary Hourglass

CherieBunnie

Sugary Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:47 pm
MadamedeLaValliere
Tantei_Saru3

I believe that we are much closer than that. Jesus could return for His Bride the Church any day now. We need to be watchful and await His return.
Maranatha!

It cannot be any day because there are many things that must come to pass before He comes. The most clear passage explains that there must first come

1. a falling away (which I believe is currently happening), and

2. the son of perdition being revealed (this has not happened yet)

2 Thess 2:1-4 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.  
Friendly Debate

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games