Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Around the World
Where you from? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pink Slowpoke

Liberal Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hey, I've gotten curious, where's everyone hailing from? is there anything you love or hate about where you live? Anywhere else you would like to go?

I'm in the UK personally, I'm bouncing around all over the place so it's hard to say a city, but I love it.
The weather sucks though, especially in the past few days its been Rain, Sunshine, Hail, Rain, Sunshine, Snow, Sunshine in that order in one day.
My boyfriend has an dream to go work and live in New Zealand, I think it'd be nice to visit and see first.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:46 pm
Well I'm from a small town in Virginia, United States. I don't mind the state I live in, it's quite nice, but my small town is EXTREMELY boring. There's nothing here to do, unless you like forests, fields, and run down old buildings. The summers are also pretty hot too. But I hope to eventually move closer to the city to attend a university, so that'll be nice. Plenty of amenities also like eating places, museums, parks, etc. And as far as my country is concerned, I'm happy living in the United States. If I could though, I'd like to travel to Japan, all across America and Europe, and maybe even Canada someday.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

Athena-Marie2009

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:09 pm
I"m from a small town in Georgia call Covington, where they are currently filming Vampire Diaries and have also filmed Dukes of Hazzard and In The Heat of the Night. Its a nice small town, but definitely growing a lot, with nothing really to do, but hang out at walmart or in the waffle houses or at the park. we pretty much ahveto go to Conyers if we want to do something.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:05 pm
I'm from Michigan, though I am Canadian by blood.
It's been a pretty great place to grow up, it's our little Liberal bubble.
I would most definitely like to move to Canada or Britain at some point though.

New Zealand!
It is quite beautiful there, at nearly all times.
An old friend of mine moved there after coming to America from Australia.

grandaire

Ursine Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sweet_Little_Red89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:45 pm
Hi, I'm from Manchester in England it's an ok place the weather isnt too brilliant at the moment though, there's nothing much i really like or hate about the place except it's a bit boring and there isnt much to do confused  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:20 pm
I hail from Oahu, its an easy going place where everything is laid back. There are tons to do here since the weather is sunny most of the time, but due to the month of April its been raining lately. I like sunny weather sometimes but its nice to get rain and cool down from time to time.  

On_A_Cold_Stormy_Night

Beloved Phantom

cajunantichrist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:24 pm
I'm from Metarie Louisiana. That is way down south, like Jefferson Parish south. I currently reside in Oklahoma but I am moving back to Louisiana, probably in Lake Charles.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 pm
Spent most my life in North Carolina. Love it hear and have no plan on moving anytime soon.  

Raleigh_Ronin

WolfDweller

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14 pm
I hail from Louisiana, To be more precise the swamp's of Shreveport&Bossier.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:13 am
somewhere in southeast asia. neutral  

Maiden Vachina

Versatile Man-Lover

vann-haal13

Fashionable Explorer

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:53 am
I'm from Japan. Daddy's military and mom's Japanese. Of course, I'm adopted so my birth parents are both Americans but I'm in Japan for right now during the summer. During the year, I attend uni in America.

It's nice. I like it more than the States because it's so easy to get around without a car. If you can't walk somewhere, there's the city buses, taxis and the trains. There is literally no need for a car and it's super rad. But I kind of like being with my boyfriend in America so it has its tradeoffs.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 am
I'm from Connecticut in the United States. I live in a city but I plan on moving to Massachusetts in the near future. I'm actually an Italian-American (parents from Italy) and I am fluent in English and Italian.
I hate the people in the city that I live in because they are rude and ignorant though I love that Connecticut allows for same-sex marriage.  

sRAHXASc

Demonic Warrior

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

woopslap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:49 pm
I'm from Arkansas, in the United States. I live in the buckle of the bible belt (my hometown used to hold the world record for churches per square mile) so it's EXTREMELY Christian. It's disgusting what people can get away with saying and doing around here. Because of that, though, the trans/queer community at large has become very close-knit and supportive of each other. So I guess it has its ups and downs.

Also it's super hot and humid and the deer are murderous. But that's another story for another time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:03 am
woopslap
I'm from Arkansas, in the United States. I live in the buckle of the bible belt (my hometown used to hold the world record for churches per square mile) so it's EXTREMELY Christian. It's disgusting what people can get away with saying and doing around here. Because of that, though, the trans/queer community at large has become very close-knit and supportive of each other. So I guess it has its ups and downs.

Also it's super hot and humid and the deer are murderous. But that's another story for another time.

Man that hella sucks! My brother lives in Arkansas so I totally understand about the offensive s**t people say all the time. My brother says it too sometimes without thinking about it. The bible belt is such a sucky place for any LGBT+ people to grow up.

Hang in there and I promise it gets better when you get out to a better place.  

vann-haal13

Fashionable Explorer

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alastor-Frost

Ruthless Werewolf

7,300 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:05 pm
Im from Washington, united states.............super rainy + gloomy here right now in the winter  
Around the World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff