8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:41 am
╀ ╁ ╂
M o c h i ۞ S a v a g e
╀ ╁ ╂
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wolfe Garm

Red Gypsy

Mochi Fixed her pupils back on the dwarf, and felt like she was being lectured. Is that it? Or maybe a scolding? She slowly slumped her head down and raised her shoulders as if a child had just got caught stealing. But, he held some key points, this was uncharted territory for this Shadowling, and even though she could be back in the realm of her own kind.....And be as corrupt as them.....She had a goal of her own. Mochi went to sign, but after his comment about how she would stand out more....she already broke one vow, and that was to never use her voice, yet she spoke to the scrawny man without a thought. Her own voice was unsettling as is.....Her tail whipped in frustration, while in mid thought as to how to speak to this man. Slowly, she started to speak by altering her voice. "Sorry....." She spoke in a soft-whisper tone of voice. She readjusted herself to sit with a better poster, and looked down at her food. She simply picked up the meal, and placed it all in her mouth, that's right, the plate too, swallowing with ease. It felt weird having to eat something, but developing tastebuds was also something new, and it tasted good! She looked back to the dwarf an smelt a sour smell, was that his drink? She slightly climbed over the table, sniffing the air, her animalistic behavior probably wasn't helping her case at all. When her face was right next to his, she lightly licked the rim of his mug before sitting back in her seat, then sniffed her own mug that held the same smell. "Curious!" She said in surprise. Before lifting her mug, and chugging it down for the very first time. The burning sensation excited her, and she quietly placed the mug down. Goosebumps trailed up her spine before shaking it off. "I'll travel with you then." She spoke softly again. But, when Mochi looked up to look at the dwarf, the room was spinning...was she? Was she drunk!? What a magnificent feeling! She felt so warm, and fuzzy all over. What a unique sensation! Her tail, curled , and whipped around, finding herself lightly giggling. "Travel with you.....Learn to become human......hic" she placed her hands over her face, feeling it become to heated. "Ahh.......curious...."She sighed in a soothing tone of voice. Her body rocked left to right, this was all new experiences for her.

User Image

xxxWE are made of all
xxxxxxthose who have
xxxxxxxxxxxxBUILT and b r o k e n us

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:49 pm
Vintag3Tacit

West Chuckled a bit and smiled “ah so first time having a drink eh lass, trust me there is a far better brew out there than this, the flavor divine, but has a strong kick to it” West watched the Shadow a moment as he considered her words a moment before he finally nodded “alright, I’d always welcome the company, the road is quiet when alone especially when you’ve got a ways to go. Though I suppose if we’re to be travel companions I should probably introduce myself…” West cleared his throat and bowed slightly “I’m West Stevis a blacksmith and gunsmith by trade” West smiled and glanced around a moment and simply sat down his eyes focused on his new friend, he spent plenty of time within the demon realm but seldom did he ever see one like the shadow, was curious if someone there would likely know anything worth hearing.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:14 pm
╀ ╁ ╂
M o c h i ۞ S a v a g e
╀ ╁ ╂

Wolfe Garm

Red Gypsy

Mochi turned her head to the side, resting the left side of her face on the wooden table, feeling the fuzzy-dizziness fade away slowly. She managed a toothy smile when the patron agreed to allowing her to travel with him. When he spoke his name, the Shadowling mumbled her name in the soft tone, and again but her tone was male, and the more times she repeated her name "Mochi" the more unsettling the tone came off until it sounded like multiple people were saying it in the undertone of a whisper while her actual voice, as androgynous and soft spoken. But, realizing how silly....or unsettling she must have looked, and sounded, Mochi quickly sobered up and raised her head, a bit embarrassed, but also worried if other Shadowling's might have heard her. Looking to her new companion, sheepishly- "Sorry....Did I frighten you?"

User Image

xxxWE are made of all
xxxxxxthose who have

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:39 pm
Vintag3Tacit
apologies for the delay been busy

West was a bit surprised by how Mochi acted especially her question and simply shook his head “not at all lass” He looked at Mochi with genuine curiosity and sat there looking at her trying to figure out why she had been there to begin with as well as why she seemed nervous? Maybe that wasn’t the word for it, perhaps she was on the defensive, maybe on the run would almost make sense but that was provided that he could reach someone who might be able to shed some light on the situation, ordinarily it would likely be a simple case of just making a special trip to the castle in the demon realm and having a chat with a few people there but the way this shadow acted perhaps that wasn’t the best choice. He did seem to recall that there was a demon residing at the castle of vampires, perhaps that was the best course of action. Regardless he had a companion that would travel with him throughout the lands, and eventually he continued “well lass whenever we’re ready we’ll head off and make our way to the gate, I’ll have business at the island village and perhaps the vampire castle there. I’m sure you’ll enjoy that, there is plenty who would welcome an unfamiliar face readily, plus it would give you an opportunity to see me work within my trade, plenty of people at the island village who would be needing my assistance at some point, I tend to make my rounds around the realms before I head back to the land of the Dwarves and Drow in the Demon Realm, you’re more the welcome to accompany me that far if you like, though there is time yet before I head that way as the island and the vampire castle is usually among the last few places I visit to offer my service to anyone who might need them before I head home.” West sat there vaguely aware that a few people were watching them slightly but decide that it wasn’t going to be an issue at this point in time.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:03 am
╀ ╁ ╂
M o c h i ۞ S a v a g e
╀ ╁ ╂

Wolfe Garm

(That's okay, I picked up a second job myself ) Mochi flicked her tail on the ground, all to eager, but happy to know that her company was wanted. Mochi sat up with better posture, and listened to how the Dwarf goes about his routine, and that she is welcome to journey alongside with him all the way or even just partly. True that while they would be venturing off into the world, at any time she could leave, but why would she? Is that to much to ask? To just stay where it's welcomed? Assuming she doesn't annoy her new friend of course. But it would also be a learning experience on her part. For as long as she can remember, she has stuck to the shadows, mastered the art of pickpocketing, or at least she thinks so, and only had the one interaction, and that was with a child, many years ago. It has not been easy, usually people who see her run in terror because of what her kin are known for....and it isn't pretty.....feral little monsters.....Her postured stiffened as she watched her friends composure shifted, what was wrong? Not wanting to draw any more attention than she probably already did, Mochi shifted only her gaze around the room, and noticed some on lookers before locking her eyes with her friend. "Should we leave then?" She feared that maybe it was her fault, but since he agreed to let her travel, she vowed to herself to protect this man.

User Image

xxxWE are made of all
xxxxxxthose who have

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:46 pm
Red Gypsy

Shale arranged the time of departure to be before dawn but spoke little, leaving most communication between him and his lady to a certain level of openness in the bond. This sudden move caused some disruption among the servants but they performed well enough. They had not yet become accustomed to their new lord's manner but they did their duty and there were no delays. This was a good result, for their sakes.

The time of day was important. The uncertainty of twilight would make the impact of his address all the more potent. Besides, there were a great many types of magic as well as racial abilities that were strong either during the day or during the night. Few were strong during the twilight. Security was mostly dependent on planning rather than power... though power did help.

Riding through the tainted forest with Ilea by his side and his gifted honor guard around him was a new experience. Baron Shale knew the feeling of power... intimately. However, the feeling of stateliness, possessing rightful authority over others and the responsibility associated therewith was very new. He needed a little time to grow comfortable with the concept and the sensation. He had to be able to put on a show, a show that would establish his authority in the village and lay the groundwork for his long and effective rule of the territory.

The pace of the ride was steady and the woods were quiet. Even the beasts of these woods knew to avoid those with power. But, the quiet extended far beyond the normal distance. It was as if the whole forest had gone mute. The silence was only broken by three sounds, the footsteps of the party, the approaching early morning sounds of the village, and a slowly growing rustle that seemed to spread in all directions like signal static.

The forest floor, thick with leaves and rot, roiled like boiling water. Movement without breath or song spread through the ground and along it. By the time they reached the village, the oblivious place would be surrounded and infiltrated by uncounted eyes, ears, teeth, and venom. Those who lived in Darkness Village might keep secrets from each other but soon there would be no secrets that would be hidden from their lord. Their Baron who approached in dignified and formal attire, staff resting across the back of his golem mount, with a small and gentle smile. It was nearly time to begin training his new possessions in proper conduct.  

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm
Red Gypsy

Haeo

Vintag3Tacit

West looked at Mochi and nodded as she stood up “aye lass might not be a bad a idea, we’ll start heading towards the gate to the island” West collected his gear and put on his pack his shield had been braced up against his pack until he put it on and simply held his shield as was traditional for a dwarf warrior and drew his short barrel rifle briefly checking it before he holstered it, his sword was on his back sheathed and easy to get to if he needed it, the armor and gear he had was usually enough to keep most people from bothering him and wondered if that would continue to be the case, what few eyes that were on them had obviously weighed their options and decided that it wasn’t worth it though there was obviously a couple who had taken an interest in them both and gestured for Mochi to follow “come along lass I’ll lead the way” West took the lead and walked towards the door and out of the tavern onto the streets and noticed that something seemed a bit more unusual this day than had been in the past and started to wonder what was going on. Not going to let that deter him from getting to the gate he looked at his travel companion and smiled as he started walking down the road toward the gate to the island being a bit more alert than usual but not letting his pace slow at all as he walked towards the gate.

Felix and Titus had been busy preparing to leave until someone approached them with a job, one not so unusual for them but at the same time a bit odd that the one’s requesting their expertise were surprisingly the very abominations that they had been busy purging from the world of the living. The Money was abundantly good, and the target was simple, one who was from the castle, a woman was to be killed and the village freed in the process… well… as freed as it can be until they’ve come back to cleanse it of the abnormal beings. Felix agreed on the mission and based on all the talk it sounded like that this woman would likely be making an appearance in the coming days. Both of them had settled in around the village square, from there they could relocate to other areas as the situation called for it, Titus had found a good sized tower to sit in with a clear view of the area, but most of all the square below it, while Felix had opted to stay on the ground and run offense as the situation calls for it, he kept hidden in the alleyways around the square being very aware of every possible movement around him and staying low until such a time as he was needed.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 pm
Wolfe Garm

Haeo

Vintag3Tacit

As Ilea and Shale got to the center of the village, she signalled the guards and golems to keep Shale protected. Then she held her hand, palm down, over the ground and gave a simple silent 'call' of sorts. Instantly, basic skeletons pulled themselves from the ground and turned to look at her. Once she had enough, she let the 'call' go and eyed what she'd raised.

"Assemble them," she said simply and watched the skeletons move off to every building in the village. The residents knew what those skeletons meant and started moving towards the center of the village.

The golems set up a stopping point, not allowing anyone else past that point.

Ilea had told Shale about the two demon residents that were of no concern to them. One had been cast out and the other was here for his own reasons. She'd promised to send them a polite invitation to dine later. For now, it was the rest of the residents that were of concern.

Ilea waited a few moments, then left her mount standing beside Shale for an added protection as she moved forward. She was dressed for the occasion, of course: crimson leather pants, heeled boots that laced up her calves, full leather bodice, gloves that moved up to her elbows, and her hair pulled into an intricate braid that was as alluringly beautiful as it was efficient. In short, it was obviously Ilea...

Once everyone was assembled, she looked around at the crowd, making sure that her eyes moved over each one before she spoke, "Goh is dead. Baron Shale is your new master. And mine. He now rules Darkness Abounds," she stated firmly as she looked at them all again, then moved to stand beside one of his guards.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:59 pm
╀ ╁ ╂
M o c h i ۞ S a v a g e
╀ ╁ ╂

Wolfe Garm

Red Gypsy

Mochi watched very intently on her new friend, as he gathered his belongings, her tail, still wrapped in loose gauze, flicked left and right, almost in a playful manner. If anything at all, she was very excited. Even though she is capable of just traveling fast through shadows, possibly take him along too, she'd much rather do it by the books, by his way. Be it walking, carriage, running, jumping, whatever it is that is considered "Normal" to travel by, she wanted to do it with him. Even if it meant walking, she is willing to do so. Perhaps on their journey, they could build a bond, become legends like in those plays! Once he stood up, and addressed the situation, Mochi did the same, that's when she realized a height difference. He looked human, but is not....dwarf yes? YES! How forgetful! Rude! Mochi could not contain her smile, when he called her lass. She got a nickname now! LASS! When he made way for the door, her excitement stopped, as a cold chill ran up her spine. The eyes on them.....no.....no this was a gut feeling....she remembered this feeling... When she went to address her concern to her new found friend, he had already left the tavern, and fear struck her. She quickly followed suit, only to see that he didn't get to far.

Hurrying over to his side, she remain close to the shadows. "Psst....Hey....." She started trying to get his attention but not anyone else's. While keeping her eyes on the current area surrounding them.....she REALLY didn't like how dense the air felt now, than it did when she first started out here. "I'm Scared......" She pouted. While doing what she could to slow her pace, and match it to his, before she could make another statement, ahead of them were.....skeletons or something? Mochi, disbursed, and hopped in her friends shadow. Now out of sight, but hidden in plain sight. "I can't be found....please....." Mochi whimpered. This energy was similar to her kin...but different. Still just as intense...and she isn't like any of them, and she doesn't want to go back to how it was then. Where she would just murder "just because" The idea of loosing herself to her cannibalistic blood lust was terrifying. She had a goal to become human, and that's what she'll see through to the end! But hearing a woman's voice speak out in a very dominant tone of voice, Mochi recoiled, but poked her head out of her friends shadow to look upon the fancy dressed lady......Wait.....There's a new master?.....What's going on?

User Image

xxxWE are made of all
xxxxxxthose who have

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:56 am
Red Gypsy

Haeo

Vintag3Tacit
we'll be posting in village streets for West and Mochi

West Glanced over his shoulder and weighed the options for the skeletons moving about collecting the villagers along with the fact that mochi was hiding in his shadow and spoke up “it’s alright lass, we’ll just be on our way, I don’t like the looks of this” West paused as a couple of skeletons started walking towards them obviously with the intent on ushering them to the crowd and no wasn’t an option so the only option he had was reach the gate and get through before anything serious happened, and darted down the road with all the strength his legs could give but his quarry was intent on catching so he was intent on evading and dealing with them if he had to. It was obvious these weren’t your run of the mill skeletons so he had to be careful and slid around a corner into an alleyway and darted down the alley with all haste, like most he knew quite a few routes that would get them to the gate.

Felix and Titus didn’t have to wait very long before their target arrived which was a nice change of pace, Felix had already evaded the skeletons that had been collecting everyone and knew they were going to have to put this woman down fast. Titus didn’t have to get the “all clear” from Felix since he was the point man for this operation and shifted slightly so that he could get a clearer view of his target as she had been moving around. Having been on top of a tower hiding in the shadows had kept him from being noticed by the skeletons and made things simple for him. Bringing his rifle up to bear he took aim and waited for the right moment to take her down in one shot. Not really sure what to expect from his target, he’d loaded his silver munitions on the off chance that the target would have an allergen towards that kind of metal. The moment that his target had stopped moving about he took steadied his breathing his eyes purely focused on the target that he hadn’t realized that he had company. The moment he fired his rifle he had been jostled by something behind him which threw his aim off significantly. What was supposed to be a clear hit to the target’s head ended up being a impact to her shoulder, the shot going straight through her shoulder. Titus had been pulled down by a couple of skeletons who’d not been so fooled by where he was after all and simple squeezed off a couple of rounds into their heads to cause them to collapse. Titus got on his feet immediately and ran towards the other side of the tower where a repelling line had been established for a quick retreat and didn’t waste any time getting off that tower planting his feet on the roof of the building whose tower he had been using and ran across the roof and dropped down onto the ground and darted “Felix shot failed to connect, was disrupted” Felix was annoyed by understood and broke cover running through the alley he’d been hiding in. Slinging the rifle he had he drew his handgun and mace as a couple of skeletons came around the corner in front of him and charged him, Felix raised his pistol and squeezed off a couple of rounds into the first skeleton dropping it, and swung his mace at the other shattering it without much trouble.

West slid to a halt when he heard the shot, the skeletons had either lost him or they found someone else worthy of their efforts it was hard to say but he knew a gunshot when he heard one and drew his sword while he looked in the direction of the shot which came from the village center “not good looks like someone’s up to nothing good” he looked down the alleyway he was in and figured he was at least a couple of blocks away from the gate and continued to the run down the alley fully aware that Mochi was still in his shadow. West ran without stopping, not willing to rest until they got through the gate and someplace safe. And slowed his pace when he neared the gate taking cover around a corner when he caught site of a couple of men nearing the gate, both well geared and if he had to guess was likely the shooters. West watched for a while as they collected some additional gear that was likely being hid behind the gate and simply walked through it disappearing through the other side. West sighed in relief and walked towards the gate pausing slightly to see a group of skeletons moving towards them and the gate. Not wanting to hang around any further he rushed towards the gate and went through it without hesitation not willing to let those undead catch up.  

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Vintag3Tacit

8,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:47 pm
╀ ╁ ╂
M o c h i ۞ S a v a g e
╀ ╁ ╂

Wolfe Garm

Red Gypsy

Hearing the reassurance from her companion, eased some tension, but she still had her concerns. Who were those people, and what's up with these skeletons? Keeping an eye on their surroundings, she began to doubt if they were ever going to make it out. Entering some ally ways, it seemed dark enough for her do emerge from the shadow, but the look on her friends face said otherwise. When a gunshot was fire, it caused Mochi to jolt up in surprise. "¿¡Qué fue eso!?" Which translates to What was that!? Shaking in the shadow, it gave her flashbacks of the day when she was known by Savage. The memory came so clearly, as if reliving that very same day, hearing the shouting from both sides, screams of agony, cheers of victory, gun shots, magic fired at both ends, and Mochi in the center, feasting on the living, or dearly departed, making ungodly roars. Her breathing became heavy, and her shadow form became uneasy. Mochi quickly got out of her companions shadow, growling, she was on verge of becoming feral.

The sounds of the skeleton solders bones shambling along the way, made her attention fall on them. Her snarl became a little more audible, but as soon as her unclothed foot stepped into the spot light of a street lamp, she quickly yelped and snapped back to her docile self, whimpering. Turning her attention back to her companion, she hurried to his side, almost apologetic, as if she had done him harm. "I'm sorry." She cried. Mochi knows how unstable she can be, and worried if she had frighten him in any way, but as they near the gate, freedom never felt so nerve wrecking.

User Image

xxxWE are made of all
xxxxxxthose who have

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 pm
Wolfe Garm

Haeo
This should help

Ilea spun as the bullet hit her, not really feeling it as she worried more about Shale than herself. She saw the bullet hit one of the bodyguards as they piled on top of him to protect him, thinking that he was the target instead of herself. Pure adrenaline poured through her as she turned back and watched the crowd as the golems started trying to move through them to go after the attackers.

Other golems started moving for the gate and only managed to watch the dwarf disappear though it.

The crowd started to get the point that something had gone horribly wrong. Some started to run for the cover of the buildings as Ilea's eyes started to give off a crimson glow and her temper went off.

She'd never had the freedom to lose her temper before, so this was a major first for her.

She didn't need her hands to raise the dead. They simply answered her call when she let loose a scream of pure rage. Dead rose from the ground that even Goh couldn't have called up, dead that dated back to the beginning of the realm's creation. They pulled themselves from the ground and formed a barrier of flesh and bone that was pretty much impenetrable. Still more rose from the ground and turned on those villagers unable to flee.

Ilea finally turned to pull the bodyguards away from Shale, desperate to make sure that he hadn't been hurt. In the process, she acknowledged that her right arm wasn't working as it should have. Once he was pulled free and she knew that he hadn't been hurt, then she felt a twinge from her shoulder.

She, of course, tried to ignore it. She looked into his face for a bare second, then turned to the bodyguards with a harsh look, "Back to the castle! Now!" she called out then looked out over the dead she'd raised and gave a growl, "Destroy the Gate. Then tear them apart!" she added, giving the dead their tasks.

As she'd turned, only Shale would realize that she had, in fact, been the true target. Especially as the blood began to drip from her gloved hand...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:42 pm
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

The approach and encirclement went smoothly. Ilea took initiative to gather the villagers and Shale took the chance to gather his thoughts for his presentation. Then, he heard a sound that he had only heard a couple times before in his life.

The report of a gun being fired rang through the village but, before he could analyze the situation, his mind stuttered to a stop. Ilea was hit, nearly spun off her feet. Her shoulder was spattered with fresh blood. Blood that Shale could feel, her blood, his blood was seeping out of that wound.

Then he was buried alive under a pile of bones and armor. Yes, it was indeed going to take some getting used to... this having bodyguards business. Being buried under well-intentioned guards was distracting. Ilea was taking steps to protect him. He knew this. But, the sniper had a clear shot and Ilea had been hit. From what little Shale knew about long range shooting, it seemed clear that the attacker had not been aiming for him. This village wasn't big enough for the place they fired from to be far away enough for such inaccuracy. It was far more likely that they were targeting Ilea.

Of course, she was enraged by the possibility of a threat to Shale's life. He loved her. But, he hoped that she wasn't going to go... overboard. Yep, there it was. The massacre order. Shale's heart was going nuts. He couldn't seem to calm down. She was bleeding, hit by who knows what and ordering the mass execution of all the villagers while he... who had been preparing to take authority of them, was pinned under a pile of potential protective potency.

Worry and shame combined into a sickening slurry in his gut as he fought to regain control. The guards took their orders well and began a well shielded retreat to the castle while the screaming started in the village. Shale's mind finally became clear enough for him to think, though his voice failed to respond. The bond began to thrum with his feelings and his understanding of the situation. Finally, his magic began to answer him and their rate of travel increased greatly even with the large number of undead that had nothing to do in the village and were following them in a clattering train.

His serpents and worms, meanwhile, began to flow into the village as his orders became more coherent and forceful. In the midst of the carnage there were some who had not been gathered, others who had hidden, and some who were in no position to have had any influence on this incident. These... these were Shale's possessions. They were most startled when the ground under their feet suddenly opened up to swallow them and they were bitten by snakes. The venom used was quite effective for both causing paralysis and slowing metabolism. It also kept them from being detected by the undead who continued their assigned task with satisfying thoroughness. It was true that the assassins had likely been hired by a villager or two. But, not all were in a position to have the necessary wealth and connections.

The few who were being directly preserved from trauma and death by the golems were merely a few orphaned children and badly abused women, perhaps 20 or so in all. They were in no position to have had an influence on this. Besides, with a little work, their loyal service could be quite useful indeed. However, saving them for later took little more than a fleeting thought. Two other orders pulsed out with enough force to make the bones of the undead tremble. The first was to restrict the targets of their slaughter to the wealthier minority and their direct connections. The second was to direct the undead in the village who were left with no tasks to pursue the assassins that Shale's golems were tracking. They were to strike to capture, not kill.

Shale's attention centered on the road, Ilea's condition, and the two barriers that he was maintaining. One around the whole group in case of ambush or hostile spell, the other around him to keep the bodyguards from blocking his view and preventing his actions again. They were capable and well made... but if he had been the target and the enemy had known that he would be defended, a mere body defense would have achieved little beyond holding him in one place.

The castle came into view quickly, and Shale took that moment to look back. There really were a lot of them, several hundred undead were following tirelessly behind them. Some were old enough to perk his interest. But that was for another time. For now, he uttered a single enforced command that rippled through the group like an impacting wave.

"Stop." His voice was heavy with a complex alloy of rapidly resolving emotions as he looked forward, toward the castle where the servants were beginning to scatter in preparation for their arrival. "Ilea, put these young undead back to rest. Keep only the oldest of them, no more than the oldest ten. They have something of interest to both of us." During the ride, his eyes had been fixed on their destination. Now, they focused on Ilea with an intense stare as a thread of magic began to twine around his staff in glittering amber. "You were shot, in the open, while not moving. They were either the worst marksmen in the realm... or they were aiming for you."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:11 pm
Haeo
Exit into the courtyard

Wolfe Garm

Ilea felt the command in his voice and simply obeyed. She didn't think about what she had to do to lay the dead, simply commanding them to sleep again. Except for the oldest ten, as he'd told her. Those continued to follow them to the castle.

Behind them and in the village, the dead simply followed the command and moved back to their resting places, sliding back into the ground that wrapped around them like a warm blanket. The ground smoothed over them until no one could tell that anything had happened. It was so seamless that it was actually shocking for her. Or, would be when she paid attention to what she'd done...

After a little bit more, he pointed out that she'd been the target and she frowned at him over that. It was then that she noticed the pain in her shoulder and looked at it, touching the wound with the fingers of her other hand in confusion.

"Me? Why me?" she asked softly as they moved into the courtyard...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:45 pm
Red Gypsy

Haeo

The act of destroying the gate shatters on both sides of the gate as a shockwave of energy was unleashed at the collapse of the gate. The gate had been sealed as a result, though when another was closed a splinter of another formed elsewhere at both ends. The south eastern part of the island a splinter formed, and in the that which was once Goh’s realm a splinter formed at the furthest away from the village in the southern region of the realm.

Deep within a realm of unknown origins creatures of unknown make discover the two splinters that had somehow formed in their realm and immediately went to work on creating a larger path for their scouts to get through, a large beast larger than most around the splinters stood there watching as his underlings stood by as a gate keeper was summoned from the capital to establish a foothold on whatever places had the misfortune of opening a gate to their realm, the very last thing they’ll wish they hadn’t done. As he waited a larger creature still showed up with an escort “Report General!” the general turned around immediately and bowed down lowing his head “Baroness, our scouts have discovered two new rifts to establish a gate from, two new realms to conquer” The baroness smirked with glee as she relayed the information up the chain to the Matriarch who in turn approved for the gate keepers to be summoned, The baroness bowing her head as the command to begin caused her to look over her shoulder and shout out a command “Summon the Gate keepers for these rifts, have them moved and established back at the capitals Grand gate Hall” a couple of summoners bowed their heads before they went about to summon two new gate keepers for which to link to these rifts.

No one there wasted any time moving the rifts to the grand gate hall where other active gates were currently in use, troops moving back and forth through the other gates could be seen, some going in and others coming back with newly acquired material as well as slaves of races unknown, though to the Xig’dramoth their race meant little to them and would make for good slaves or food either or. The Impress stood by towering over all who were there, the General whose subordinates had discovered the two new rifts stood by with a detachment of forces waiting to enter through the two new gates. The gate keepers towered over most except the Impress and they’d collected the rifts and having brought them to the gate hall started molding the rift into a proper gate, their hands slowly ripping the rift open causing a larger opening to occur, until finally the rift was big enough to at least send scouts to discover what await them on the other side. The General looked at the Impress waiting for the command to come until finally she spoke “send forth our scouts” the general bowed his head briefly before he stepped forward and started shouting orders “GO! Find out what is on the other side and report back” the infiltrators rushed forward a pack of them splitting off towards both newly formed gates a small group of six rushing through the first one without trouble, though the second one did give them trouble as the first infiltrator slammed into an invisible wall that caused him to fall limp, the others rushed forward and attempt to go through it but failed to do so having discovered that something was keeping them from entering into gate, likely some barrier of some kind, one of the infiltrators spoke “this one is blocked” the general irritated stepped forward towards the gate drawing his sword and slamming it into the infiltrator who spoke killing him instantly as he growled he swung his sword at the opening of the gate and found that it sparked with energy, clearly this wasn’t going to be an easy one to break into, and yelled “Bring me a slave we shall test this barrier’s capabilities to repel” a warrior didn’t waste any time dragging a slave along, Kalani having been trying to keep her head low while she worked was being dragged by the throat by one of the guards and appeared to be taking her to the gate room she’d been in once before when she was initially captured, for what reason she had no idea but Kalani wasn’t about to be their plaything as she struggled and resisted with every fibre of her being yelling as they dragged her there “Let me go!” the guard clearly annoyed by her yelling and struggling stopped momentarily to slam a armored fist into her stomach taking the breathe right out of her causing to her stop fighting entirely and was helpless as the guard continued dragging her to the gate hall.

Once there the guard approached the general and offered the slave to him who willing took her and growled as he approached the gate though not before slamming a fist into Kalani’s face and then yelling as he threw her at the gate flying straight into it and onto the other side, the General growled as he stepped towards the gate again and slammed a fist into the gate when he couldn’t go through it, clearly angered he spoke up once again “SUMMON THE BIOMANCERS BREAK THIS BARRIER DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!!” the guards took off to collect the biomancers so that they could begin breaking down whatever barrier that was before them.

Kalani flew through the gate and into what appeared to be a forest as she hit the ground coughing for a while before she struggled to get up, her eyesight blurry as she looked around and for the briefest of moment thought she was home but then realized it was not anything like home and started walking in no particular direction away from the rift that was much larger than before.  
Darkness Abounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff