Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:29 pm
Silenced Nocturne

Cain sat on the bed beside Rose as they both talked, though her compromise was the more relieving item to him. He leaned in to give her a brief kiss as thanks for that then turned to Brian.

"Well, I'm glad some good came out of frightening the whey out of me. Though it wouldn't have taken much to see what had caused her to pass out like that. Just one look at the piece on the table in the living room. Jumping to conclusions just causes too much trouble...

"And I fail to see why a witch would want to go off hunting other witches, just smacks of the blacker side of things, if you ask me. Still, as long as I'm not likely to get staked in my sleep, I don't see that there'll be any problems," he said with a shrug over the whole thing.

He turned back to Rose with another frown, "You need to get that pack into you before you even think of getting up. Then you're going to eat and rest for a bit longer. Helping out Tzzek can wait while you look over that diagram he found for you. Figure that out the slow way, then we can put it into action. Please, love, take it easy for a day or two at the very least..." he suggested to her, ending on a slightly plaintive note.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:29 am
Brain snorted when Cain mentioned his opinion of Jack’s witch-hunting “He was raised among wolves. I don’t know if he still carries any weight in the Church, but he used to. ”
Rose reached up a small hand to stroke her fiancée’s face at his pleading. “Alright, alright. I’ll keep by blood in my veins for now. Love you darling.” She used her hand to pull Cain down for another kiss. This one a bit slower, although still rather innocent considering what they were up to before Tzzek had crashed in on them.

Brian made a retching sound. “Excuse me, I would like to not be scarred for life.” Inside he was laughing, delighted that Rose managed to find someone who seemed to care for her as much as she cared for them.

James and Jack entered the main room, slightly surprised to find an animated wooden mannequin “Guess Rose has been getting better.” Jack muttered. He stroked his scruffy chin, technically he wasn’t on anyone’s side yet, he had just come down because he had heard from James that Rose had passed out again. His dark eyes rested on the elaborate construction lying on the table. It was clearly stamped with Rose’s particular brand of magic. Without a second thought, he smacked James on the back of the head with his small pocket bible.

Frowning, Jack stated “Good job idiot, you’ve lost yourself at least five ounces of gold.”

James turned red and muttered something. Defeated, he turned on his heel and left, likely to seek counsel in his coin collection again.

Jack shook his head then followed his ears to where Brian was currently checking up on Rose.
With a small smile Jack said “Well Mr. Albright, Rose… It’s good to see that you two haven’t become any less attracted to each other since we last spoke.” He was of course, referring the little incident over the mirrors.
Red Gypsy

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:47 am
Silenced Nocturne

Cain smiled as he came up from the kiss and traced a finger lightly over her cheek, "If anything, I've become even more enamored of her sweet siren's call... And never wish to be free of it," he said softly then raised her fingers to his lips for a brief kiss before he set about removing the iv from her arm.

He didn't get poetic very often, but when he did it, he did it with style.

He finally turned and looked Jack over a bit more carefully than he had over the mirror call. Before Rose, he would have given Jack serious consideration. He was certainly handsome enough. He shook that line of thought off then looked down at himself and noted that he was wearing considerably more than the last time he'd seen Rose's friends. Good thing too. He didn't think he'd wind up with any respect from them at all if he were only wearing an afghan...

He raised his eyes again and remembered he should probably say something else and faltered briefly before he remembered why they were all likely here, "I take it that James went to find you to say something that struck a blow to my character and care of Rose? If so, I do hope you set him right. I would sooner see the entire library burn before I hurt her," he finally said with a shrug of one shoulder.

Though only Rose would likely understand the significance of that statement...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:19 pm
Rose blushed slighly at Cain's words. He wasn't always so smooth, but when he was...

Honestly it was enough to make her want to push the date of the wedding up to tomorrow. She wrinkled her forehead when she felt the slight discomfort of the needle being removed. It was nothing much however.

Brain made another retching sound when Cain kissed her again. Jack elbowed him and with a small snicker said "Someone jealous? I saw you getting all sweet on that vampire earlier. And yes. He said that you had been using her as a food source, and... A stress reliever if you catch my drift. I'm happy to see that this doesn't appear to be the case."

Brain rolled his eyes at Jack's mention of Lumina, although no one could see it, then responded to Cain regarding his brother. "I'll set him straight, he's been a bit of a p***k all of our lives, slow to accept change... Very slow."

They would both address Jame's general behavior later, for sure he would be well-behaved at the wedding at the latest.
Red Gypsy

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:36 pm
Silenced Nocturne

Cain frowned back at Jack and knew he'd have to admit to something fairly uncomfortable but had to be honest at the very least, "I will admit that we've recently added a small blood donation in certain moments, but nothing that would harm Rose. Besides, she's certainly able to defend herself from any vampire trying to take her blood. She's a blood mage, for crying out loud. Blood is her specialty and she's wonderful with it in every way. But there is absolutely no way any vampire could do anything to her against her will. She's simply too strong-minded and powerful for any of that," he stated as carefully as possible so he wouldn't embarrass Rose.

But it would explain things if she turned up with a bite mark.

Then he turned his attention to Brian, "Which vampiress have you been speaking to? If she's new, I won't be able to advise you about her. But if she's been here for any length of time I can probably tell you a thing or two about her. I can also offer a book on what not to do with a vampire. It would make things safer for you and probably ease your brother's mind on that score," he offered then put his offer into action by collecting a leather-bound book from one of his bookshelves and offering it to Brian, "Do be careful with it, though. It's one of only two copies at the moment," he explained.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm
Rose turned slightly pink when Cain mentioned him biting her during certain moments, it was a fairly private topic as far as she was concerned. She stammered out "I-I can take care of myself. You two know that."

Jack narrowed his eyes when Cain mentioned that he had, indeed been feeding from Rose. He glanced at Rose, then back at Cain. Then luckily he smiled and said "Bacio de Piacere.*" He nodded "I've heard of it, got a chance to feel it once in Venice... Lovely vampire, such green eyes..." for a moment he was lost in thought, remembering a time of debauchery for him. Gambling, women, men, opulent items tossed away carelessly. The list went on. Every fifty years or so he'd get bored and live it up a little.

Just because he used to work with the church didn't make him a saint.

Brian had faded away into invisibility when he saw Jack's eyes darken for a moment, but rejoined the visible once that tense moment was over.
He happily accepted the book "Thanks! Don't worry, I'll treat it with the reverence that Jack treats his Gutenberg Bible."

He snapped his fingers and a perfect illusion of Lumina smiling appeared next to him. "This cutie is Lumina. Recognize her? I think she's still relatively new considering she was down at the inn." The illusion soon flickered out, putting that long term illusion around Morty had taken a bit of steam.

*literally, "kiss of pleasure" in italian
Red Gypsy

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 pm
Silenced Nocturne

Cain shook his head when he looked over the image of Lumina, "Don't recognize her. She must be new. Still, the book should help you out. Lists several things that would trigger a vampire's bloodlust and such that are good to avoid as well as areas that shouldn't be touched unless you plan to carry through with the intent behind it, like kissing or touching the neck," he explained to Brian.

Jack's mention of the Bacio de Piacere, though, did make Cain give a bit of a blush since that was the best description of the act. But he did get a distraction in the form of a servant bringing in Rose's meal and was more than grateful for it. He collected the tray and brought it in for her, setting it over her lap before lifting the tray for her before turning back to the men, "I think they sent up enough cider for everyone. I'm sorry but I only arranged for meals for Rose to be brought up here, that way I don't forget that she needs to eat," he explained then blushed again.

"I have a tendency to get distracted sometimes," he admitted with a small shrug of one shoulder. He wasn't talking about getting distracted by Rose, but the implication was there anyway. Of course, Rose could tell them about the times he'd walked into things when he'd been distracted since they were fairly comical.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:54 pm
Rose pecked Cain on the cheek and then dug in. She was starving.

Brian shrugged "Well, she's a sweetheart as far as I can tell... I've invited her as a date to your wedding by the way, the invitation did say it was alright." A dull chiming sounded from the depths of his pocket, and he drew out a slim gold pocket watch. "Ooh. I've got a conference to attend to, Hammish promised me an update. Sorry, gotta go! Jack, can you pick up the calls from the Blacks? They're supposed to sign in in about half an hour. Tell Matilda that she still looks smokin' in her top. Thanks buddy, bye!" Brian sped off to attend to his own set of mirrors, leaving Jack behind. Jack sighed. He was really looking forward to a nap too...

Rose snickered when Cain said that he was distracted easily. "That's a bit of an understatement dear... You are distracted very easily." To Jack she said "I had to get him steel-toed shoes so he'd stop stubbing his toes, the darling just loves his books. Almost always has his nose in one."

To Cain Jack smiled wryly and said "Well, I'm glad to see someone is making sure that she eats... What's your record Rose? Twelve days on nothing but coffee?" He laughed softly, the pulled another thin cigarette from thin air. He pressed it to his lips, and hazy periwinkle smoke lazily drifted through the room, although it's scent was undetectable.

Rose nodded and blushed "I got a bit wrapped up in a new theory..." Cain wasn't the only one who could get a bit side-tracked, although she wasn't nearly as bad as her beloved.
Red Gypsy

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:03 pm
Silenced Nocturne

Cain blushed a bit over the mention of him stubbing his toes but had to admit that she was right, "I have to admit that I'm a bit worse than she is on that score. I once got lost in a research project for about three weeks. Wound up falling asleep in a bad spot and woke up to half of me smouldering then fell into a bloodlust episode I'd much rather forget about. At least here Sebastet appointed a few others to look out for me. They make sure I feed regularly and double-check to make sure I haven't gone to sleep in a spot likely to become sunlit come morning," he said with a shrug of one shoulder.

He leaned over to give Rose a kiss as he collected her empty tray, "And I've made sure that Rose is taken care of no matter how distracted I get. Without her, all I'd have are my books and a few lovers who would only remain as long they could get something from me. So it's simply self-defense that makes me ensure her care. Without her, I'd have no heart," he said before he carried the tray back into the living room.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:43 pm
Jack looked at Cain skeptically, trying to figure out whether he was being serious or not. Before he could say anything though, Brain dashed into the room yelling about timezone differences and the Blacks being pissed off. Jack paled slightly, the Blacks were one of their more important contacts in the human underworld. Not even saying good bye, both men had soon run off to try and repair the damage that had already been done.

Rose frowned "No rest for the wicked I suppose..." she sighed, a bit disappointed that her friends were pulled away due to work so soon, but understood their muddle. She'd get to see more of them later after all.

To Cain she said "I'm surprised not one of them has challenged you to... Something to prove your worth, you're doing rather well." She smiled brightly at her fiancee, despite the bumps so far, she had a feeling that it'd all be fine in the end.
Red Gypsy

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:52 pm
Silenced Nocturne

Cain, however, let out a relieved sigh when they left and made sure to lock the main door after them before he returned to Rose and sat on the bed beside her, one hand reaching out to gently push a lock of her hair behind one of her ears before giving her cheek a light caress with the back of his fingers.

"I'm sure that will come up at some point. But I'll do it, whatever they come up with. You're more than worth it to me, Rosabel," he told her in a soft tone before he gave her a tender kiss.

He pulled back, though, knowing she needed her rest for now. But it wasn't easy for him. She just looked so beautiful in that moment, reclining back against the pillows with her hair a bit mussed.

He wanted to give her a much better kiss then show her how much he love her, but he restrained himself, "I'd better let you rest. I'll go read a book or something in the living room. If I stay in here I'm not likely to let you rest," he said in complete honesty.

So he gave her one more light kiss and stood as he arranged the covers over her so she'd be comfortable.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:13 pm
Rose frowned slightly at Cain's attempt to baby her.

She sat up and said "You know, I'm not made of glass. And I think I've had enough of laying down for a bit." She pushed the covers off and slid out of bed despite any of Cain's protesting. She stretched and then walked (with a bit of a wobble) into the living room.

Over her shoulder she addressed Cain "This is fairly routine remember? The first time I met you I passed out trying to break a binding..." she smiled at the memory, it seemed like it was ages ago it had happened. But really it had only been a few months or so.

She plopped down on the couch and whipped out a pencil and notebook, then started taking notes on the iron figure in front of her. Noting what looked familiar, what didn't, how the diagrams (supposedly) worked in conjuncture...

Not particularly fun, but necessary. An unbalanced equation resulted in messes. Potentially fatal ones.
Red Gypsy

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm
Silenced Nocturne

Cain started to protest her getting up but stopped himself when he realized it was futile. So he gave up on trying to get her to stay in bed and simply followed her into the living room and gave her a kiss on her cheek as she started taking notes on the diagram she'd made.

He knew attempting to keep her from doing anything would only get on her nerves so he simply poured her a cup of the warm cider that had been left and set it on the table for her before going to the bookshelves to select a book to read. As he looked over the titles, an idea occurred to him that he'd almost totally forgotten about.

He moved into her lab and checked inside the closet there. Sure enough. She hadn't found it yet.

He looked back into the living room and thought a bit as he watched her taking her notes, debating whether or not to disturb her.

In the end, he turned back to the closet and decided to simply leave it open for her to find whenever she went back into her lab.

Thankfully, he got a distraction from a servant knocking lightly then opening the main door to deliver a few packages for him. He went in and thanked the man then checked the packages over and grinned.

Those, he carried into their bedroom and laid them out on the bed for her to find. They held the wedding outfit he'd designed for her and the cord that would bind their hands. The cord he'd taken a great deal of thought with and had sent for the colors needed so they could braid it together; three cords, one in cream for Rose, one in dark blue for Cain, and one in a creamy blue to symbolize the both of them.

Now he just had to arrange for what he was going to be wearing.

That took a great deal of thought for him. He wanted to do right by Rose for their wedding and finally realized there was only one thing he could wear that would be appropriate. So he went into the black hole he called a closet and collected what he needed in a basket then headed to the main door to find a servant to get it cleaned up.

That accomplished, he went back to the bookshelf, "Whenever you have the time, Rose, the packages are on the bed for you. I thought you might want to look it all over in case you wanted to make any changes," he told her very simply as he pulled a book down and moved over to sit in front of the fireplace to read it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:03 pm
Rose smiled as she felt Cain's lips brush against her cheek, even if he had attempted to keep her in bed earlier (and didn't even plan on joining her). He was still the sweetest man a gal could ask for.

Rose kept her focus trained onto the iron construct she had built. There were two weak points she could see in the spell, unnecessary risks being taken in the construction of it. Several pages of diagrams had been carefully inscribed, making sure she didn't leave out a single curl or circle. Somewhere along the way, she began to note where a rune or two could be added in to stabilize it all. She'd get Jack to take a look at this later, he was much better at understanding complex equations than she was. Although she'd have to take time to explain precisely what it was first, there were some parts that were stunningly reminiscence of the failed circle so long ago. He might jump to conclusions and switch to witch-hunter mode again, and that would certainly not be good.

The cup of cider remained untouched, her mind too full of magic's workings to pause for a breather. She didn't notice when the packages were delivered, too wrapped up in her work for the moment. The only thing that registered a few minuets later was Cain's voice. For a moment, the English words didn't process, her mind stuck in Latin-and-Greek. She looked up and blinked at him "Quid est?"*She paused for a moment and tried again "Ti?" The gears in her mind turned for a moment before what he said registered.

"Oh!" she turned pink as she realized what had happened. "Yeah, I'll take a peek." Rose grinned at Cain "Although I have the feeling that it's all perfect." She stood up and gave Cain a quick kiss before disappearing into the little room.

Rose opened the boxes, delighted with what she found. Her guess had been right, it was perfect.
The open closet didn't spark any curiosity, she simply assumed that Cain had forgotten to close it after putting something away. So she closed it for him with a small smile, he really was adorable in the way small details slipped past him while he was in a book.

Rose padded up behind where Cain was quietly reading a book by the fireplace and lightly mussed his hair before kissing the top of his head. "I told you that it was all perfect." She loosely hugged his shoulders. "Have I ever told you how much I adore you?" she asked lightly, fully intending on distracting him from his book as much as possible.

*What?
Red Gypsy

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 am
Silenced Nocturne

Cain smiled as he put one hand over hers and looked up at her, setting his book down over the arm of the chair, "I'm glad you like the outfit I designed for you. I have to admit I was a bit worried. I've never used that seamstress before, but several others in the castle do, so I took a chance on her. I also sent my outfit for the wedding out to be cleaned up, so it should be ready in a couple of days. I got a message from Sebastet the other day that said she was going to combine our wedding with Desha's since we inadvertently planned it for the same day. I hope you don't mind that," he explained that much to her before he forgot about it.

Then he gave her very tempting lips a kiss, because he simply couldn't help himself, and gave her another smile, "Now, what did you think of your other surprise? I do hope you like it," he asked her, knowing she had to have seen it in the closet in her lab. He knew he'd heard that door close, but he hadn't heard any other sound from her about it. So he was justifiably worried about that one.  
Vampire Castle: Rooms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff