Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm
I am not interested in fathering a child because I would feel like I was only involved in .01% of the process or experience. I would REALLY feel like I was missing out on something.

But I don't have any interest in being pregnant because of how long it takes and how unpleasant the side effects are (not to mention how large you get and how much it shifts your center of gravity). And you're stuck with that thing and the side effects it brings until it's time to feel like you're passing a volkswagen out of your body.

Love or no love, I wouldn't want to go through the second one at all. But I would feel so out of the loop if I did the first one.

For me, it's adopt or marry a single parent. No making babies for me. Love is more important than blood anyway. :3

I purposely left out any indication of my gender or sex. Please rate or judge me as a person, not as a man or woman.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:48 pm
It is your right whether or not to bring a child into this world. If all you want is a good spouse to love, and to be a loving parent to their child(ren), then I wish you well with that endeavor.  

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am
We're not exactly hurting for humans, at the moment. Hell, unless something drove us to the brink of extinction, I can't really understand anyone caring whether someone ever has children or not.

Besides, better childless for honest reasons than a parent solely because you caved into peer-pressure; isn't fair to the child.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:20 am
You sound like me, sort of.

I don't want to have children because I don't like children. I don't like being tied down. I like to be able to leave when I want and not have to really think of anyone else. I don't want to carry another being inside me or growing into something I may never be able to manage again.

I'm a selfish individual, but as others have said here, it's better to know what you want than to give birth to appease a parent.

My husband just got a vasectomy, so we are all good now!  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Diamond Wales

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 am
You sound a lot like my sister. She doesn't want to have the kids herself, but if she wanted to have one, she'd discuss it with her partner and adopt. There's always children that want a safe, happy home where they can grow up, and just because you decided not to have the children yourself doesn't mean that if in the future you want a kid, you'd be a bad individual for it. You'd rather take care of someone that needs a parent rather than bring another kid into the world.  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games