Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Why is acceptance the hardest thing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

13ULL3TZ

Hilarious Businesswoman

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 pm
My best friend cant accept me for who i am. My name is Nikkay and im Les.
my friend thinks differ of me. she doesnt mind if im gay in private but in public she wants me to act completey straight no matter if my gf is around.
That pisses me off because how are u supposed to know the true me if u dont accept it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:29 pm
the only true one that accepts me is my own self and my girl friend evryone else is iffy about everything  

13ULL3TZ

Hilarious Businesswoman

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kialoca

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:54 am
In all honesty, ******** what your friends say. If your les and like your gf then enjoy your life and not worry about your friends actions toward you. This is your life, not theres.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:40 am
His-Pleasure
In all honesty, ******** what your friends say. If your les and like your gf then enjoy your life and not worry about your friends actions toward you. This is your life, not theres.

Thanks smile that made me smile .. lately ive seen all the different sides of my friends for some strange reason  

13ULL3TZ

Hilarious Businesswoman

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200

Maaxis

Greedy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 am
His-Pleasure
That's why we won't back down
We won't run and hide
Yeah, 'cause these are the things
That we can't deny

What this person said. You can't force someone to accept you. I'm lesbian and also have a girlfriend and there are a few homophobic people at my school that don't accept it, some think I can even change. But I ignore them. They aren't worth my time.

I'm passing over you
like a satellite
So catch me
if I fall♥

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:52 am
I'm bi. If your friends are acting all different there not true friends. True friends would except you for anything. heart  

Kialoca

13ULL3TZ

Hilarious Businesswoman

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:43 pm
I do realize that she isnt true. She thinks im not in a good relationship even tho she doesnt know anything bout it lol. I dont ever plan on being straight again nothing will change me  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm
Haha, ******** that. But I'm a closeted transgender, so I'm having some difficulties too. It'll probably be more difficult for me to commit it but, that's my part. This forum is yours, so I'll give you some advice here. Be who you are, if you're friend one day decides to question "Hey why are you acting all lesbian? I told you not to!" just tell her straight up "You know what? I can't hide in doors anymore, I love my girlfriend and I need to show her that I love her, I can't help it. Whether you like it or not, I'm taking pride of who I am." 3nodding  

Pompette

iLuV Muzics

6,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:05 am
I was fortunate enough to have a best friend who loves me for me. She's like my sister, and I've only known her for about two years. But, she is an angel. However, even though her acceptance was amazing. I had a hard time accepting MYSELF. I didn't want to be gay. I didn't want to be "different" and I had the hardest time getting myself to understand that, what I was...wasn't wrong. Just because people cannot understand you, doesn't make you wrong.

However, in your situation..I know you may not want to hear this, but, maybe she isn't as good a friend as you thought. If she cannot accept you and your girlfriend, then...there is something wrong right there.

I hope you get/got everything worked out.

Love ya!
~Aj.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 pm
iLuV Muzics
I was fortunate enough to have a best friend who loves me for me. She's like my sister, and I've only known her for about two years. But, she is an angel. However, even though her acceptance was amazing. I had a hard time accepting MYSELF. I didn't want to be gay. I didn't want to be "different" and I had the hardest time getting myself to understand that, what I was...wasn't wrong. Just because people cannot understand you, doesn't make you wrong.

However, in your situation..I know you may not want to hear this, but, maybe she isn't as good a friend as you thought. If she cannot accept you and your girlfriend, then...there is something wrong right there.

Love ya!
~Aj.

Sounds like I wrote this, but I've know known my friend for about 4 years before I told her. I agree, if she wants you to act differently than who you are then she is probably not the friend you thought she was.

iMidnightYoshida

13ULL3TZ

Hilarious Businesswoman

9,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 pm
iMidnightYoshida
iLuV Muzics

Love ya!
~Aj.

Sounds like I wrote this, but I've know known my friend for about 4 years before I told her. I agree, if she wants you to act differently than who you are then she is probably not the friend you thought she was.

yea i lost a lot of my friends becasue they dont accept me. Lost a lot that we had fun with before. It was hard for me to accept who i was to myself. I talked to my friend and she said shes all accepting that i was the one seeing things differently ( i think shes losing it becus shes flippin the story on me)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:46 pm
Sometimes people try to play their manipulative games. Wanting their friendship or even lives to be perfect, and everything around them needs to be perfect. If she can't accept that you and your girlfriend can still be perfect, and that you don't need to act straight for her to think everything is okay, then there should be no reason to have her around.

You have to be proud of who you are, be proud of what you have with your girlfriend, and be proud of who you are. There are going to be people who try to take you down, but if you let your colors shine, and your heart fly, there will be no problem with defying gravity and letting nothing bring you down.  

Zydrate Popsicle

Sexy Krampus

Pharaoh-Dai

Hilarious Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:30 pm
If she can't accept you for who you are then shes not a very good friend. ALWAYS be yourself. It's your life so do what makes you happy. I had a friend like that before and I'm no longer friends with her. People come and people go. You just have to weed the bad ones out to make way for the better ones.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:57 pm
I just think that those who can't accept others don't accept themselves and their own life. They want everything to be 'normal', so when they see a lesbian or a gay or whatever they flip out and try to change that person so they can be 'normal' too.

That, or they're an a*****e who thinks their lives are so perfect that they have the decency to control another's even if it kills them in the process.

I've felt hate before just because I'm Bi, but most think I'm lesbian because I find a girl attractive which really pisses me off when they bug me about it. scream I remember one time someone tried to run me over and called me a 'freak' because I said a girl that I knew was 'cute' and that she had a nice figure as she was feeling down that day (yea it was that bad at one point).

To end a long story short, I'm just trying to say I know how you feel and you should never change yourself as you can't change that one vital part of yourself that makes you...Well, you! If someone comes up to you and tells you to change, just tell them that the world isn't as 'perfect' as they think it is then walk off with yo bad self~  

MegaMunsterGal001

Philosophizing Otaku

16,150 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Team Moira 200
  • Falling For You 25
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items