I may like you, but the most you're getting from me is
  cuddles
  hugs
  hand holding
  or kisses on the cheeck. ^ 3 ^
View Results

ApocalypticFate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:17 am
I identify as a bi-romantic asexual. Which, is hard for some people to wrap their heads around, so I usually avoid talking about it.
The crowd that I hang around with are a bit older than me, so after I turned 19, it was a big deal. They all started asking questions about my sexuality, who I found attractive in our group, and doing all sorts of ridiculous stuff to try and get me to slip up and tell them if I'm gay or not.
In all honesty, it's a bit like being in a den of lions wearing a meat suit.

So, what I'm wondering is how many of you have had to deal with people constantly prodding at you about your sexuality and how you've dealt with it in the past?

There's only two or three people I've really opened up to about it and they give me the "well, you have to pick a side" talk. To which I'll just sigh and change the subject.
Bleh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:06 am
Well, I haven't had this problem. But if it helps any, I understand what you mean by bi-romanic asexual. Some people should do a bit more research so they don't think these are just pseudo terms used as a scapegoat for repression.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

ApocalypticFate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 am
Haha, thank you!
These people are pretty close to me, it's just a bit sad that they are so completely ignorant on the subject. Not everything is as black and white as they would like it to be.
What's even worse is they think I'm some sort of "holier than thou" power trip to maintain my 'purity' or whatever. I'm just glad things haven't escalated to the point where they start hooking me up with random people.
Too awks.
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:03 pm
Bi-romantic asexual? So basically you can become emotionally attached to either gender, but not sexually attracted to anyone? I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

I do understand a lot more than most people, being gay with a genderqueer close friend. I kinda had to learn all about it to keep up with her.

I have more issues when people think I'm straight... sweatdrop When that happens, sometimes they think I'm "faking", "wanting attention", or "just haven't met a good girl". Uhh...nah.

Luckily I'm pretty flaming so it's easy to tell my sexuality. But at work everyone seems to think I'm straight and that's where a lot of it comes from. It was easier back in school when people were like "OMG ARE YOU GAY??" and I could just go "Well, YEAH."  

SharpenedMoonlight

ApocalypticFate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 pm
Basically that. It's not as though I'm repulsed by sex, I would probably more open to the idea of it if I was extremely committed to my partner, but it's not something I usually think about or really have the desire to dive into.
They are more interested in the fact that I haven't hooked up with anybody/want to know who's going to be my first and whatever. Rugby players, I swear to god.

Bahaha, I'd hate that.
Then again, at work you have to maintain a certain level of professionalism, depending on what you do, so it's not like they'd really have the time to gossip about it.
Even if they were gossiping about it you could just be all "are you interested bb? ;o"
oh gosh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:56 pm
i don't find that hard to understand at all. luckily for me, my friends either understand those terms, or don't care and just want to know who i like xd
i think it'd be weird trying to explain asexuality to your partner though.......cross that bridge when i get there.
anyways, what was my point? dunno.
what's this "you gotta pick a side talk"? i've never heard it....just been told i'm greedy or imagining it >.>  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ApocalypticFate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm
BSPBleach
i don't find that hard to understand at all. luckily for me, my friends either understand those terms, or don't care and just want to know who i like xd
i think it'd be weird trying to explain asexuality to your partner though.......cross that bridge when i get there.
what's this "you gotta pick a side talk"? i've never heard it....just been told i'm greedy or imagining it >.>

When they tell you that you have to pick a side, they are basically saying you have to pick between being full-on gay or straight-up hetero. Either you like same sex or you don't. If you don't "pick a side" you're just "confused" and need to get laid, to paraphrase the many convo's I've had with them.

You and me both! Oh god, I can only imagine how awkward it might be. My current partner is off in the military, so we never really got around to talking about it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:40 pm
ApocalypticFate
BSPBleach

When they tell you that you have to pick a side, they are basically saying you have to pick between being full-on gay or straight-up hetero. Either you like same sex or you don't. If you don't "pick a side" you're just "confused" and need to get laid, to paraphrase the many convo's I've had with them.

You and me both! Oh god, I can only imagine how awkward it might be. My current partner is off in the military, so we never really got around to talking about it.
oh. lol. how...obtuse.

lucky xd well lucky that you havn't got around to it. not lucky bout the military thing >.>
hopefully it'll give y'all more time to know each other which would theoretically make the explaination easier. no less awkward, but easier 3nodding  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

LordFirewall

Feral Shade

10,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:46 pm
oh my god! I hate when people assume your sexuality or question it. It's so irritating... I'm 99.9% sure I'm straight, and alot of people at my school call me a gay homo. They're mature... I hate most of em XD But anyways, it does anger me that sometimes people open up and then everyone is against you.

Like, for example, say that there's a 14 year old who is liked by alot of people. He goes in different groups and gets alot with many. But as soon as he says something like 'I'm bisexual' or something along the lines, most of the others turn their backs and walk away.

Like....WHAT THE HELL? They're STILL the same person!!! It wouldn't matter to me if one of my friends is gay or les. I get along with any sexuality. But seriously, it irritates me when this kinda stuff happens.

Anyways, I hope for the best for you, man biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:48 pm
BSPBleach
ApocalypticFate
BSPBleach

oh. lol. how...obtuse.

lucky xd well lucky that you havn't got around to it. not lucky bout the military thing >.>
hopefully it'll give y'all more time to know each other which would theoretically make the explaination easier. no less awkward, but easier 3nodding

I know, right?

She'll be back around the end of August for college, so there's plenty of time to figure out how to explain it to her, but stiiiiiilllll.

ApocalypticFate

ApocalypticFate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 pm
Wish_of_Requiem
oh my god! I hate when people assume your sexuality or question it. It's so irritating... I'm 99.9% sure I'm straight, and alot of people at my school call me a gay homo. They're mature... I hate most of em XD But anyways, it does anger me that sometimes people open up and then everyone is against you.

Like, for example, say that there's a 14 year old who is liked by alot of people. He goes in different groups and gets alot with many. But as soon as he says something like 'I'm bisexual' or something along the lines, most of the others turn their backs and walk away.

Like....WHAT THE HELL? They're STILL the same person!!! It wouldn't matter to me if one of my friends is gay or les. I get along with any sexuality. But seriously, it irritates me when this kinda stuff happens.

Hahaha~
Highschool was good times. Drama, all day erryday. Can't say I really miss it.
Thank you.
:]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:03 pm
ApocalypticFate
Wish_of_Requiem

Hahaha~
Highschool was good times. Drama, all day erryday. Can't say I really miss it.
Thank you.
:]

hey, I try to help lots of people. so yeah you're welcome :3  

LordFirewall

Feral Shade

10,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Rainbow Forum [[The Random People's Very Own Gay-Straight Alliance]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff