Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
In a slump, so screw it.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:16 am
And now the Cerberus, it stands;
Head in heart;
Heart in hand;
I watch to hear that melancholy dirge.

Hey people, what's up? I'm Muse. Haru. That one awesome guy who barely posts because he's usually not home. Yeah, him.

I been in a slump lately. I've been single for a little under a year now, by about a month, and since then, I've been going downhill. During the relationship, I worked between 15-20 hours a week. Since the break up, in order to distract myself, I've been pushing a minimum of 35. It worked, and I've been making money, so good, right?

Wrong. For some reason, I don't feel... Okay. I don't feel satisfied with life at the moment. It seems like things have gone from good to bad to mediocre. It's like I'm stuck in Limbo. No good, no bad, just a bland day by day that I gotta deal with.

Which I do fairly well. I'm obviously well enough to type and all that, but I'm not necessarily happy. I'd rather be sad than not feel anything.

So, advice? I dunno what I'm looking for really. Just... New stuff. People to talk to. Things to do. Everything is so routine.

If you want a fairly accurate rundown on me, http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zodiac-signs/gemini.htm. I almost fit the bill, except on a few choice things.

Blah.

I know it's true, my love for you;
I jumped into the depths of Hell;
To save you from these rotten swells;
And still, you sing that melancholy dirge.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:37 am
Ah, fellow Gemini, it fits me so well too (I forgot that you were a Gemini).

All I can say is instead of overworking yourself, why not find a hobby? You might meet more people that way to.

I can't really give love advice as mine is even worse. sweatdrop I hate routines.

Edit-The link doesn't work.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:59 am
Head in heart;
Heart in hand;

Here, my bad. http://www.astrology-online.com/gemini.htm

And yeah, I just dunno what to do. My hobby is video games. And that's about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:01 am
Do you have other interests? If you like video games, why not go to a gaming convention? There unusually a lot of people there and they have the same interest so it's a start.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:08 am
Head in heart;
Heart in hand;

Multiple reasons. .-.

A, the gaming community over all are dicks. There's a good chunk that aren't, but eh.
B, Rides. .-.
C, I live in the midwest, home of absolutely ******** nothing. .-.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:37 am
In my experience, people can be dicks in general. Ah I know what that is like, I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere without rides often and it sucks. It can be so boring. I hate being bored. xp

Sorry, I guess I am bad at giving advice.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Bowler Cap Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:56 am
I'm a long-time single midwesterner, too. It can definitely suck. I'm sorry you're feeling down! I don't really have any good advice, but I am here to talk. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:14 pm
You can talk to me ^-^ I'm told I'm very amusing  

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:03 pm
I agree, if I may ramble on for a minute, society lets children grow up, their parents taking them to Disney World (hopefully) and taking them many places to see, whether on vacation, to different countries, or simply to new parks, and local areas such as super markets to city halls. We raise our children to see extreme diversity, and do something new and different every day so they enjoy their life as a child. Once it comes to high school and college, they slowly get raised into the life of schedule, and nothing but work and school. Yet, we still get that break of summer. Still once the graduation of college comes, its the same routine every single day, and it will get tiring. It's almost sad how things turn out that way.
But the best advice, is maybe go back to school, to get a degree for a new job, something that brings something new to the table everyday. Such as a doctor and such. Move some where maybe. The sad thing is, is most things to change ways of life, or fix that good/bad feeling of life will cost money, and mostly lots of it nowadays.
Best thing in my opinion to do, is if you have enough time, maybe get a pet. If you work too much though, buy a pet that wouldn't need much care, such as a hamster or etc. I'm not saying they don't need care, but with dogs and cats, they should be played with often. Try going to parks, try meeting new people, maybe online? Or simply go to someplace you will feel welcome, and comfortable enough to simply walk over to someone and say hello. Contact old friends. Sometimes it's fun to make something like "Saturday Pizza/ or Wing night" so when that weeks starts a new, you look forward to that day. Make a special little event of some kind for your self~ Maybe have a movie night, or eat/get drinks with friends one night.

I hope everything turns out fine, and you'll be happier : )

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games