Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:10 am
After 6 years kinda abroad it's time. I'm going back to the mainland this summer. I'm single, I can get a job transfer so I can have a job before I even land, most of my crap is still boxed up from the last time I moved, and because of health issues I can no longer practice martial arts. There really isn't anything holding me down anymore.

I've been wanting to go back to school to get into a career job for years, but I've been barely getting by just paying bills so there wasn't any way to make time for education. It's going to be a big step for me because I've never moved on my own before. This time I'll have to make my plans without any kind of safety net or letting someone else take care of the details.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:22 am
If you don't already know where on the mainland you're going, I suggest Colorado so I can more easily stalk you because it's in pretty good shape as far as job availability goes. Just watch for coyotes emotion_awesome *honestly saw a coyote cross the street on the way back from the movie theatre yesterday*  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm
talk2hand Dude WA is the place to be! No tornadoes or anything! gonk But woot! Its gonna be a lot of work for the move in general but just think how nice it'll be once everything is settled in. whee  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:13 am
In all likelyhood I'll probably be moving to Oregon. I have someone out there that will let me crash at their place until I can figure out a more permanent arangement or at least help me figure out where I want to go next.

I'm doing the hard parts first. One of my friends is coming over Wednesday and picking up my manga collection and I'm donating most of my weaponry to the dojo I went to. It pains me to get rid of them, but if I'm going to be moving around until I find some place to settle in when I decide to go to school they will just be in the way. crying

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm
That's always one of the downsides of moving: having to throw out or otherwise get rid of stuff that you would have otherwise kept.

Spouse and I had to get rid of all sorts of things when we moved here because we just didn't have the means to bring it all with us.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:23 pm
Yeah. It's really a pain going through all my old stuff and trying to figure out what I really need and what can be left behind and all the memories. My manga collection has been building up for over 10 years. I've had to put around $4,000 into it by now. I could have bought a decent car with that. gonk It's why I tell people otaku is a disease. Granted it's one of the funner diseases out there, but hell being a drug addict would be cheaper. I'll have to take a picture of it as a keepsake.

When my friend comes over before we go see the Avengers I'm going to tell him that I'm stepping out to grab a six pack. Have it all gone before I get back. I know it's going to get a good home. crying

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 pm
.... no, I'm pretty sure being a drug addict is still more expensive. sweatdrop Hell, just paying for legal drugs to treat the spouse's fibromyalgia, we've probably spent close to that if not more.

But on the bright side, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Avengers. Spouse and I saw it opening night and it was really well done.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:51 pm
I hear nothing but good s**t about Avengers, friend told me they give you a double whammy at the end of creds so STAY UNTIL THE SCREEN TURNS BLACK AND LIGHTS GO ON!!

I've had to give up s**t even when I wasn't moving for financial reasons and that's hard enough. Having to do it because of moving is really tough. You should like OR well enough. Lots of neato things there too.

Liada Trovaras

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:54 pm
Yes, definitely stay until the end of the credits, and I don't mean just the initial ending sequence, I mean the closing credits after all the names scroll by and whatnot.  
RL (Real Life) General Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games