Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Debating Debating it all goes Here [[ Serious Debates and Controversial Topics]]
Amendment One

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you support Amendment One?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Alucard Belmont Reborn

Magnetic Entrepreneur

13,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:36 pm
For those of you that don't know, Amendment One is a proposed constitutional amendment for the state of North Carolina (my home) that's being voted on tomorrow that would legally define marriage as being between one man and one woman, and would only provide benefits to couples that fit that description. Many people (read: everyone) see this as a way to permanent way to ban gay marriage in the state, but the wording also applies to divorced couples and single parents. Here is a link to a better description with arguments for and against it. My question is not about whether gay marriage is right or wrong, but whether an amendment like this is right or wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:00 pm
Well, single parents could mean a gay couple and their child right? Since there's no gay marriage there..
So that's sort of a plus...

I still see this as wrong though. It does seem like a "solution" to gay marriage
and I'm a supporter of gay rights so... Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason I
disapprove of the Amendment One. > ~ >;;

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

Adeptus Umbra Apophis

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:49 pm
Despite me hating Gay love with all my being, I am going to have to go against this because it takes away freedom, which is what our country should stand for...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:33 am
I'm not against gay/lesbian civil unions. But I am against forcing religious institutions to perform wedding ceremonies that go against the religion. A church/mosque or synagoge should be able to choose weather or not they wil do that.  

Mera1506

Debating Debating it all goes Here [[ Serious Debates and Controversial Topics]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games