Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
So came out to me Dad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 pm
Finally.
Now he's pretending my coming out never happened and scoffs and rolls his eyes every time I mention a girl being cute or pretty. But that's how he is, if he doesn't like something he pretends it never happens and/or ignores it.
Oh well, he's out of state right now but before he left I got to be more of myself around him then I have in a long time and felt good.

My mom is cool with who I am and is happy I told her, (which was about two years ago i mentioned but didn't fully come out to her till less then a year ago) and even threaten my Dad about saying anything negative to me or about me.

I just hope one day he fully accepts it. :/ But am happy I don't have to hide anymore.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:36 am
Trying to change a person so used of generations of seeing how the world is in a certain way is an uphill endeavor. Being as stubborn as those with obsolete ideals can be your best weapon in your hearts arsenal so keep at it kid.

Sobriety is my bottom!

Meli  

meligoth666

vann-haal13

Fashionable Explorer

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:12 am
Yo talk about mad harsh. My mother did that and I had to come out to her on three separate occasions before she'd stop ignoring me or pretending like I was straight. I have yet to tell her about my gender but I know that would be like 50 levels of the same brand of hell.

Here's me hoping it gets better for you. It's so great you had that kind of courage and I'm all for you being yourself.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games