Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Obama vs. Romney

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

taki-ziku-chiri

Super Soldier

14,800 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:16 pm
As Christians, are we supposed to choose one over the other? Honestly, I'm kind of leaning towards Obama....  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:26 am
To me, when it comes to choosing the lesser of two evils - I can't really say because sin is sin and these are politicians that lie to everyone. I don't feel the need to vote for someone who doesn't fully believe in God's word. God is the true judge, king, and authority over the universe so I don't necessarily feel obligated to vote unless someone is running for office that truly believes in God with all their heart, mind, and soul. That's just my opinion, though.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Rae of Hope

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm
I don't really think that as Christians we need to pick a specific one. I saw an article a while back say that if you're really a Christian, you need to vote for Rick Santorum. That kinda made me mad, because it is MY choice, this country was founded on the principle that we get to choose who we want. Although Santorum was a Christain, I didn't like anything else he stood for other than the fact that he believed in God. I couldn't vote in the primaries anyway since I registered Independent. I think it's important to vote for the person that best exemplifies your values and that you think will do the best job.

And I think it's stupid when people say that Christians should be Republican. I consider myself to be unpolitical but I usually like Democratic candidates best. Washington was against having political parties and he was a better president than we have now-a-days.

But, like Aquatic_Blue, if you object to all candidates then feel free not to vote. I was put down a lot as a kid for saying that I didn't want to vote. Politicians are all slime buckets as my mom would say, so why do we have to vote for them? I'm only excited about voting this year because it will be my first time.

For the record, I'm voting for Obama.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:30 am
I agree, as Christians we should vote for the person that shows those morals and ethics that we believe it. I don't think it has to one way or the other, just who we feel is the better candidate regardless of political party.

Since everyone else said a personal opinion I'll do that too, I'm leaning towards Romney, mostly because I am very against a lot of the policies that Obama has passed or is trying to pass, so anyone that will change that would be better for me. I'm against a lot of the stipulations of the Affordable health care act (since it doesn't make it more affordable for insurance companies or hospitals, it just makes them take more of a loss, it imposes a "tax" on those who don't buy insurance even though there are many who can't afford insurance, etc etc) and other policies, but that's another story completely.

Though I do believe that everyone should vote, even if it is just for the lessor evil, every non-voter is making no difference in America's leadership. Those are often the people I hear complain about how the country is being run, if you don't vote, you shouldn't complain about the outcome since you had to part in it.  

Iam WhoIAm

Hilarious Humorist

21,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:42 am
Unfortunately, I cannot vote yet, but if I could, I'm not sure I would. I'm not happy with either of the candidates. I liked Ron Paul the best, but now that he's out of it, l really am not sure I could choose.

But, along with what Rae said, Washington was indeed on the right idea. Political parties do nothing but tear this country apart. Candidates should just get up there, without any labels, and tell us what their ideas are. Then we can decide for ourselves without having this idea of 'I can't vote for him because he's a Democrat, even though I like his ideas better.' Then we can stop fighting over Republicans vs Democrats, and just cooperate like Americans. Come political elections, I always feel as though a second Civil War is about to erupt.

Just my thoughts. I apologize for my little rant.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 pm
I've never thought religion and politics go together. I don't think.the Lord is going to care who we choose.

On another note, I am voting for Romney. I am not impresded with Obama. His policies have caused nothing but bad things for this country and I'm sick of him blaming Bush for it.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:57 pm
I personally think that if all Christians would rise up and take a bit more interest in politics and vote and get involved, we could see a move in the right direction...to a country that gets closer to God's ideals.

I do think God cares who you vote for, and if you don't vote even. To know to do good and do it not is sin, right? Apathy is a poor excuse I think...

Do you have to choose democrat or republican just because you are a christian? no. But you SHOULD choose the one that has ideals closer to a Godly nation rather than an ungodly one.

People like to vote because of jobs or taxes or health-care...sure those are important things, I can't say they aren't...but God doesn't say He hates taxes...he does say he hates abortion though, in many verses, calls those who do it cursed. I personally feel that while the other issues are important, none are more important than life. I couldn't support someone who was not pro-life, which most (not all) democrats are not. They also tend towards more liberalness with gay marriage and such, which I don't believe lines up with God's best for us. I don't vote strictly republican or democrat, I vote values.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games