Submit

Occupation?
  Yes
  No
  True Gaian Geezer (Retired)
View Results

0Brutal-Beauty0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:50 pm
Receptionist at a dealership. Very busy. If it wasn't for the bennies I probably wouldn't have stayed but 2 weeks paid vacation, decent insurance and awesome co-workers balances out the angry, rude, idiotic people I occasionally have to deal with.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:29 am
I'm a custodian at the Happiest Place On Earth. Honestly being a Disneyland custodial cast member is a lot more fun than it sounds aha. Yeah we have to sweep, clean vomit and other bodily things, pull trash, etc -- but we have freedoms other departments might not have (I can go to the bathroom when I want! I don't have to wait to get bumped!), and it's the perfect blend of guest interaction and solo work.  

mozoleum

Feral Cat

7,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Heza

Excitable Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:18 pm
Groomer! Dogs, cats, small animals! 3nodding Self employed and love it!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:45 am
Call center agent at a local university. I'm trying so hard to find something else. I don't get paid enough for all I put up with.  

Shadow_of_lost_hopes

The Forbidden Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:08 am
Nice to see all those different jobs. I'm a social worker working in an assisted living (is that what you call it?) with people who suffer from psychiatrisch disorders.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:53 pm
I'm an out-of-work database designer and computer programmer with project management experience. I haven't even been able to get an interview in the last two years. As near as I can tell, there are tens of thousands of software developers in the US, and there are almost no jobs open. The jobs that do exist are paying about 1/3 of what I was earning 20 years ago. It sucks to be stuck in a never-ending depression sad

Tip to younger adults: Software can be transmitted globally, so the pay for programmers is based the lowest common denominator in India (about $5/hour).  

Uncle Jeff

Quotable Citizen

27,050 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:07 pm
I had been working in a nursery, 9 yrs, taking care of children 0-23 months old. I retired from that and started going to college. I finished my first year in May, all A's.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:48 pm
Certified American Sign Language Interpreter
(Mainly specializing in Legal (Court) interpreting, Medical and Mental health heart  

Pato-Chan

iggies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 pm
Pato-Chan
Certified American Sign Language Interpreter
(Mainly specializing in Legal (Court) interpreting, Medical and Mental health heart
Awesome. I'm not that skilled in Sign, but I have used it in many jobs

I am currently a CNA, coming back after medical leave. I do Home Health along with agency work that places me in different settings. My youngest was 18, oldest 102.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:26 pm
I work as a veterinary assistant

Nightingael

UfukIsbilen

Feral Trader

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Currently a student finishing up some subjects.
I plan to go ComSci in a year or so. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:28 am
Currently an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher who works with adults.  

Filia slayer

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces