Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:38 am
i got stowrma squeaky toy last week while hubby was away. she takes it nearly everywhere with her. im suprised she hasnt tried to take it on walks with us. but she takes it to bed, even when she sneaks into my bed while im sleeping after hubby has left for work. im a super heavy sleeper so i dont notice the lanky 45lbs animal snuggling beside me until the cat starts trying to tattle on her and yells at me

anyone else's pet have a favorite toy?

the dingo and the toy we call the alien. i was calling it a UFO but i think she had trouble remembering it, she responds to alien better
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:32 pm
and um, how come u no show me a photo of this famous toy hun?

Well...obviously his frisbees. It's the only toy he will reliably bring back if thrown in water. If by chance it sinks, he will circle and circle and then dive for it (and he always use to be terrified of going under) until exhausts himself.

User Image

In the house I don't like to leave frisbees lying around. It kills the drive and plus, he destroys them. So he actually has a few favs. His spongebob was the very first toy teddy that I bought for him. He loves it, but it's currently waiting for yet ANOTHER surgery. Then there's his tootsie role that my ex got him. His current fav teddy I would say is the one his auntie (my best friend) got him last christmas. A stuffing free, road kill fox looking thing with at least 10 squeekers. He has a whole bin full of teddies and I could probably list them from most to least favorite lol, but gawd forbid I would donate ANY of them. The fox is the one most often hanging from his mouth though. He is ssuuccchhh a lil kid when it comes to his stuffies. The moment we're going for a walk, or someone comes home, or someone calls him he runs and grabs a teddy.

User Image  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:48 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
and um, how come u no show me a photo of this famous toy hun?

Well...obviously his frisbees. It's the only toy he will reliably bring back if thrown in water. If by chance it sinks, he will circle and circle and then dive for it (and he always use to be terrified of going under) until exhausts himself.

In the house I don't like to leave frisbees lying around. It kills the drive and plus, he destroys them. So he actually has a few favs. His spongebob was the very first toy teddy that I bought for him. He loves it, but it's currently waiting for yet ANOTHER surgery. Then there's his tootsie role that my ex got him. His current fav teddy I would say is the one his auntie (my best friend) got him last christmas. A stuffing free, road kill fox looking thing with at least 10 squeekers. He has a whole bin full of teddies and I could probably list them from most to least favorite lol, but gawd forbid I would donate ANY of them. The fox is the one most often hanging from his mouth though. He is ssuuccchhh a lil kid when it comes to his stuffies. The moment we're going for a walk, or someone comes home, or someone calls him he runs and grabs a teddy.

thats so cute! stowrm goes and gets her balls whenever hubby gets home from work. when we are at the beach stowrm will chase rocks right into the water. i want to get her a water toy so we can make an actual game of it but its tourist season now so beaches are getting to be more stressful than fun for both of us. my vet does water activities with her aussies and she lives right by me so i need to ask her where she goes

i keep her frisbies and outside balls in a plastic bin so they stay special outside toys. i was worried she was losing her drive since nearly all last month she would chase the frisbie but wouldnt bring it back, so for a while i tried only playing fetch with tennis balls just to change things upand she seems to enjoy the frisbies again. she is doing some pretty goof jump catched now mrgreen but we still arent good enough to look into competition, im still not good at throwing and she trips over her legs half the time lol

stowrm and i want her to have stuffed toys so badly, but she always destroys them. my dad's dogs have tons of stuffed toys so everytime we go over there she will grab one and just carry it around. i may try getting her a cheap stuffed toy just to give it a try again  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:51 am
We always take old clothes and cut them into strips and tie them at one end to make a toy. We call it an Octopus and Milo goes berserk for them xd

Zim loves to play in tennis shoes and empty boxes.

Riley has a little stuffed squeaky bone that he loves and carries everywhere.

Lucy doesn't care about toys she just likes to run biggrin  

Elly_the_lost_penguin

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:52 pm
I'll post pics tomorrow, but Finn has this blue ape ball with fabric arms and legs that he goes nuts for! And Dexter loves his tennis balls!  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:45 pm
Zimba's favorite toy when we got him was his Nerf football, it was one of those thermo touch ones that changed colors where body heat was. When that finally gave up the ghost [Yep, got chunks tore out of it] His toy then became a squeaky barbell thing, when we got pandora though she quickly brought an end to that one. I replaced it but by then I think he was heart broken over the loss of the first one and would have nothing to do with the second.

I tried to find him another football like the one he had because he loved it so much he'd bring it to bed, put it away in his crate when he was done playing fetch, He'd take it to just inside the door to go out, and leave it inside and as soon as he came back in he'd pick it up again.  

Akiska

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff