Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Staffroom (Professors Only)
Faculty Lounge Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:58 pm
User Image

Grayson slumped down into one of the chairs in the staffroom. He wondered if it had ever happened before, an entire class almost getting detention as a whole. Burying his face in his arms, he wondered if there was some sort of record for it. He also wondered if he could look it up. Though somehow he doubted it. How the heck could an entire class of first years cause him to lose his temper like that? He just hoped that the rest of the year would be less hectic than the first class was. Suddenly he wondered if there was some sort of alchohol in the room. It honestly wouldn't surprise him, though he figured that he might have to go to Hogsmeade to get something for the possible headache.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:14 pm
User Image
User Image
Herbologist/Potioneer
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

╔══════════════╗

Hess stood just in front of the familiar History of Magic classroom door, right hand fisted and knuckles just an inch away from the wood. Breath hitched in his throat just as his thoughts hitched in his brain. He was not certain how accurate the whispers of his fellow professors - let alone the buzz in the hallways - was, but he strangely hoped the story he had heard about the large outburst and chaos that had ensued was exaggerated.
Yet the man knew, that in case whether grand or small in comparison to what was being said, a stress was definitely settling on the teacher he hoped to find inside. The man was knew, Hess remembered, as if he was within he hoped he could ease the wariness he expected to find.
Finally taking a breath and knocking on the old wood of the door, he peeked his head inside with a whispered, " Sorry to intrude," finding to his delight the very professor he was searching for.
When the man raised his head from his folded arms and met Hess' steel gaze, the Herbologist offered a warm and soft smile. "Mind if I come in?" he asked, hand still tentatively lingering on the doorknob.

{ooc: i hope you do not mind me intruding! i thought it would be a fun opportunity for the profs to get to know each other. if you did not want interact i am more than ready to delete!}

╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

Pale Mist

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:28 pm
User Image

Grayson looked up, realizing that someone had walked in. He didn't recognize the professor in question, but then again, he was new here. "Oh, come on in. Just wondering where the booze is around here. Might be a good way to forget today ever happened."  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:37 pm
User Image
User Image
Herbologist/Potioneer

╔══════════════╗

The bearded man took the invitation with a knowing smile and entered the empty room more fully. The place seemed to harbour no clear signs of the whispers the halls just outside were spreading, but magic had always been able to wipe most messes clean. Hess approached the desk more closely, taking in the younger man's appearance with more detail before speaking in retort. "I suppose that means I can take the rumours for truth?" he asked with a generous dose of soft humour in his voice to keep the atmosphere between them light. "Here," he said after a thoughtful pause, "Let me take you down to Hogsmeade. Better chance of finding anything there."
He swiped his and over his shoulder in gesture for the two of them to join company and leave the room. Eyes alight already as he moved to make both their way to the small village - and the Three Broomsticks specifically.

╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

Pale Mist

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:44 pm
User Image

Grayson nodded. "Ya know, that doesn't sound like a bad idea." He stood, running his hand through his hair as he walked out of the classroom, following the older man.

((OOC: next post in Three Broomsticks?))

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:57 am
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick dropped into a chair in the staffroom, letting his bag fall to the ground beside him. An entire class, all failing to show up!? He wondered if this was unprecedented. There were only two students on the roster, but that said... Both of them had skipped class entirely, and he had no idea where they were or where to find them.

He pulled out a book, but couldn't concentrate. An entire class had blown him off. Kendrick was upset, and somehow wondering if he had any right to be.

It's two people... but at the same time. Sick? Still at home? Maybe they haven't arrived yet? But they're third years, they know the drill by now. None of the heads of houses contacted me, the nurse hasn't said a word, I haven't even met the kids, no one informed me that they'd be gone... Damn it, this isn't right!

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:15 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Flying Substitute Professor
Former Hufflepuff

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Cinq entered the room, feeling quite excited. His first day teaching didn't end in complete disaster like he had predicted. Maybe a couple students were traumatized, but it was normal, right? Right. He looked around the staffroom and frowned: It seemed that none of the teachers were as enthusiastic.

One of them in particular, a bit older than him with a bow tie that looked like it could choke a lion, seemed quite frustrated with a hint of madness. Like a child, Cinq tip toed until he was inches away from the older professor. "Cheer up, will ya?" he said, poking the man's cheeks.

╚════════════════════════════════════╝

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:08 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick had been so absorbed in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed anyone come in. When someone suddenly poked him, he flailed madly, leaping from his chair and whipping out his wand, pointing it in his assailant's face. Why, he wasn't entirely sure.

"WHAT— who— oh. My... I apologize," Kendrick said, not even bothering to justify his actions. He was in an overreact-y mood already, there was no need to compound his frustration by alienating his fellow professors. His shoulders drooped again as he pocketed his wand. This was just not his day.

"Please, don't do that again. Ever. I'm in no mood to cheer up," he grumbled, sitting back down in his chair. He put on his bravest, least stressed face and attempted a smile. "I don't believe we've met. Kendrick Gavin, wizard law professor. Who might you be?"

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:20 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

Cinq never expected the man to be surprised as much. He guessed that the professor was a bit stressed, considering how he had a stick shoved to his face that could end his life in a matter of seconds. He laughed nervously when he finally put the wand away.

"You'll only die sooner if you keep being stressed," he said, trying to lighten the mood in a really odd way. "I'm Cinq Moreau, the substitute flying instructor. Next year, I'll be teaching Ghost and Ghoul Studies," he said enthusiastically, almost frivolously.

~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:41 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick sighed. What a strange man. "I truly didn't mean to frighten you. You must understand, I'm in a bit of a mood right now." He looked Cinq over, pulling up another chair for him. "Substitute flier, hm? Picked out any favorites for the Quidditch Cup yet?"

He sat back, thinking. He really hadn't had time to meet many other professors. As the year wore on, he supposed, he'd meet the rest. "Out of curiosity, what made you decide to take up Ghost and Ghoul studies?" Kendrick asked. "It's a bit of a niche topic. Do you expect a lot of students next term?"

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:56 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

"Thanks," he said, sitting on the chair. "Favorites for the Quidditch cup? I'm quite unsure, really. The first years need more experience before actually playing."

He contemplated Kendrick's inquiry. How did he end up with such an ominous subject, one centered around death and afterlife? Funny story, really. "Basically, I stink at arithmancy and divination. I have zero cooking skills and no knowledge pertaining to mythology whatsoever. I think I'll just put my students to sleep if I taught World Studies," he said earnestly. There weren't really any other subjects he could teach, because the positions were already filled.

"So you teach Wizard Law?" Cinq questioned, smiling. He thought that Kendrick must've had lots of patience, being able to sit through classes and classes on laws and government. Cinq's brain would've exploded before the period ended.

~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:29 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick listened intently. He hadn't been on the Ravenclaw team during his time at Hogwarts, but Quidditch was the only thing at which Kendrick allowed himself to be competitive. "Well. Here's hoping we have a good season this year, then."

At Cinq's question, Kendrick gave a hollow laugh. "Yes. I teach Wizard Law to those students that show up to class," he said bitterly. Preempting any confusion, he added, "My entire third year class has blown me off. I spent ten minutes this afternoon lecturing an empty chamber before I realized what I was doing."

While it wasn't lying, Kendrick did feel like it was exaggerating a bit. The third year class did only have two students. But both of them had failed to turn up to class! The fresh wound resurfacing in his mind, Kendrick's face gave way to a frown. "I don't know if they're sick, missing, or just cutting class, and I'm frankly not sure which of the three upsets me more." Frown still firmly etched in place, he looked back at Cinq. "I know I'm probably overreacting, but for my first time teaching, I had been rather excited. Surely you understand why I'm upset?"

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:04 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

Truthfully, he hasn't paid much attention to quidditch until recently. "Good season this year? Does that mean that Hogwarts didn't have a good season the years before?" he asked curiously.

Cinq let out a little laugh, which sounded more like a choking cat. Well, it would be rude for him to laugh at his colleague's misfortune. "Sorry about that," he apologized.

He listened to Kendrick. Certainly, the words would be being missing, right? Being sick is temporary, while being missing means kidnapped or worse. But to a motivated professor, cutting class is the most utter disrespect a student can give. "No, you're not overreacting," Cinq stated. "But if you keep that frown, I will stretch your face until it disappears." He pinched his two thumbs and index fingers together to show the stretching motion. He always did that to the people around him.

~Amelia Earhart

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 pm
User Image

User Image
Wizard Law

Kendrick shook his head. "I wouldn't know what the past seasons have been like. I loved Quidditch as a boy, but fell out with it after I took up law. The Wizengamot doesn't leave much time to pursue other things."

Cinq coughed oddly, causing Kendrick's frown of anger to change to one of confusion. When Cinq professed a desire to stretch his face, Kendrick's expression turned completely to disbelief. Honestly, he wouldn't put it past this strangely behaved man to make good on his word. And, also honestly, he wasn't fond of people touching him.

As he was in no mood to smile, Kendrick settled for his neutral, courtroom poker face. "I do hope they turn up eventually," Kendrick said. "And I would like to hope that the heads of houses or the nurse would inform me if something had gone wrong and they were unable to attend. I have such a year planned for them..."

Snapping himself out of it, he cast around for some other, safer question to ask. "So, ah, Cinq. May I ask about your name? It's quite intriguing."

AJKline

Hallowed Hunter

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:19 pm
User Image
Cinq Moreau
User Image
Former Hufflepuff

Cinq nodded as Kendrick explained quidditch's fate as he grew up. He understood that studying the law is a rigorous process, but to not have any free time even after getting a job? It seemed ridiculous to Cinq, though he couldn't say anything because he never got a real job besides helping Anna run her shop until now.

"You could always try to hunt them down yourself. It can't be that hard," he suggested. He didn't quite like how Kendrick decided to be stoic. But before he could even lift a finger, he was asked about his name. He smirked evilly and asked, "Do you really want to know?" He waited awhile, giving the effect that there was some mysterious hidden information about the man.

He just shrugged and said, "I come from a French family, as you may have been able to tell from my last name 'Moreau'. As for my first name, I have no idea what my parents were thinking, because I'm neither the fifth child born nor the fifth member of the family. 'Cinq' is French for 'five', by the way," he explained. "I guess I never bothered to ask them." He knew exactly why they named him "Cinq" though. But he didn't want to share the actual reason, even if it meant that he had to lie. He hated to speak anything but the truth. Well technically, he didn't outright lie: He only twisted some information and left out details.

"Can I call you 'Kenny'?" he asked, hoping the randomness could distract the man.

~Amelia Earhart

The Staffroom (Professors Only)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out